• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Got the dreaded letter today!

definitely lets us know, we are at BWV in 12 days, for 4 nights, then BLT for 3 more days!! REALLY need that fridge!

I received the letter a couple of days before our trip 8/22 to BCV. We had a fridge in our studio as usual. Interestingly, our friends who stayed at POR the same week also had a fridge. I thought it was only DVC accommodations that were unaffected, but apparently that is not so.

This was before the current recall, but when we stayed at Kidani in March, our small refrigerator didn't work well in our room, so, I will be glad if they are replaced. We usually stay in a 1BR, but took a short trip in March, and stayed in a studio. We usually get stuff for breakfast and soft drinks, and milk. But, I told my husband to hold off on milk because I didn't think it would keep it at a safe temperature.

We had 2 value studios at AKV jambo house from 8/28-8/31 and neither had a fridge issue. Our OJ, choc milk, water bottles and soda were ice cold. And I didn't get my letter until we got back last night! So much for advanced notice!

We check in Saturday in a value and a standard view at Jambo house. I really hope we have a fridge.

Checked into a studio Saturday at AKL and our fridge works, and I did get the letter before we got here.

At BWV now, and in our second studio. Both had fridges. My friend has one in her room as well.

We stayed split at OKW 1 bdrm then BCV studio from 8/20-8/28. Both rooms had refrigerators that worked just fine. Oh, by the way, we received our letter after we returned home!

Well, here I am at Jambo and my refrigerator's fine (Whew!) But you can be sure I checked it right away. On the downside, the refrigerator section is only about 10 inches long and about 3 inches high, just big enough for the ice cube tray. This seems a little smaller than in the past, but as long as I can have an ice cube tray in there, I'm happy!

Well, here I am at Jambo and my refrigerator's fine (Whew!) But you can be sure I checked it right away. On the downside, the refrigerator section is only about 10 inches long and about 3 inches high, just big enough for the ice cube tray. This seems a little smaller than in the past, but as long as I can have an ice cube tray in there, I'm happy!

do you mean the freezer section?

are you in a dvc villa or a regular jambo room?

Just finished a 6 night stay at a studio in Kidani and no issues with the refrigerator.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter