• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Got the dreaded letter today!

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Yup, I got the form letter from WDW about the refrigerators for my upcoming vacation. I was kind of surprised-I'm going in only 10 days, and it seems that most people are getting notified with more lead time than that. Also, I thought people were getting Emails, but I got a regular letter mailed to me. I'm staying at AKV-Jambo in a studio, and I'm a little afraid that since those were altered hotel rooms, that the refrigerators may be from the hotel (heck, one time I even got a refrigerator with no freezer in a studio there-only seen that in hotel rooms). I hope my refrigerator, and freezer, work.

Got mine today as well...VB on 9/1, and BWV 9/4. We've been told DVC isn't affected...kind of banking on that.

We got 3 letters! one for DH and 2 for me. But like others I thought DVC was not affected.

Yup, I got the form letter from WDW about the refrigerators for my upcoming vacation. I was kind of surprised-I'm going in only 10 days, and it seems that most people are getting notified with more lead time than that. Also, I thought people were getting Emails, but I got a regular letter mailed to me. I'm staying at AKV-Jambo in a studio, and I'm a little afraid that since those were altered hotel rooms, that the refrigerators may be from the hotel (heck, one time I even got a refrigerator with no freezer in a studio there-only seen that in hotel rooms). I hope my refrigerator, and freezer, work.

Was that a value studio at Jambo?
I've only seen a posted picture of a smaller value studio refrigerator with no freezer section.

We got 3 letters! one for DH and 2 for me. But like others I thought DVC was not affected.

I thought the same but I received 2 letters yesterday too for our trip that's 2 weeks away.

Was that a value studio at Jambo?
I've only seen a posted picture of a smaller value studio refrigerator with no freezer section.

Yes, the one with no freezer was a value studio. I hope I have a refrigerator and a freezer in my standard view!

We check in at BWV on September 3, and we have NOT gotten a letter. I know that DVC is apparently not affected, but I'm just waiting . . . :rolleyes1 After all, I enjoy Disney mail. ;)

We just returned from a stay. I hadn't heard anything about refrigerators. We stayed at SSR for 4 nights, and we had a Pop Century room for the 1st night. The Pop room had 2 fridges in there with a letter on the normal one about broken refrigerators. All seemed ok for us.

We received three letters today, one for each leg of our split DVC stay. We are in 2-bedrooms at BLT and BC, and in 1 bedroom concierge AKL. We always get groceries and eat almost all meals including dinner in our room. I have 2 big grocery deliveries lined up fora10 day stay Sept14-25. I am confused and will call tomorrow to make sure. Not having a fridge doubles the cost of our vacation if we have to eat out. It was a form lawyer and dost even list the resort or dates. Any chance we'll actually have a fridge? I'm kind of freaking out a bit. The kitchen is a huge reason we bought DVC and this is only or second stay on points.

We received three letters today, one for each leg of our split DVC stay. We are in 2-bedrooms at BLT and BC, and in 1 bedroom concierge AKL. We always get groceries and eat almost all meals including dinner in our room. I have 2 big grocery deliveries lined up fora10 day stay Sept14-25. I am confused and will call tomorrow to make sure. Not having a fridge doubles the cost of our vacation if we have to eat out. It was a form lawyer and dost even list the resort or dates. Any chance we'll actually have a fridge? I'm kind of freaking out a bit. The kitchen is a huge reason we bought DVC and this is only or second stay on points.

See the link in Post #3.

I received the letter seven days before we are to arrive, which is next week. I spoke with rep at DVC and was told these were not supposed to go out to guests staying at DVC and we would have no issues.

I received the letter seven days before we are to arrive, which is next week. I spoke with rep at DVC and was told these were not supposed to go out to guests staying at DVC and we would have no issues.

Hope they are right. Would hate to get there and not have access to a refrigerator. I read somewhere that there has been problems with refrigerators in some of the DVC rooms, too.

We are just back from a stay at 4 DVC resorts and had no refrigerator problems but we don't stay in Studios. We didn't get a letter though

Well, I'll find out for sure when I get to Jambo one week from tomorrow. Although on every other trip, the first thing I do when I get to my room is run to the window to see the view, on this trip I'll be running to my refrigerator to see if it works!

Well, I'll find out for sure when I get to Jambo one week from tomorrow. Although on every other trip, the first thing I do when I get to my room is run to the window to see the view, on this trip I'll be running to my refrigerator to see if it works!

:rotfl:So true! Same for us in 42 days!

:lmao: We can let you know about BWV in FOUR DAYS!!!!!!! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter