Got some really bad news today.....

So sorry to hear about your son. Hope his is doing well?

Did the guy in the parking lot cut your husband off on purpose?:eek:

This company is notoriously awful and deceitful to its hourly workers. Best of luck. You will need it. My husband travels frequently and always tells hotels not to leave "that" paper under his door in the morning. Maybe everyone should consider this story when listing their Loews preferences.

Originally posted by momof2inPA
This company is notoriously awful and deceitful to its hourly workers. Best of luck. You will need it. My husband travels frequently and always tells hotels not to leave "that" paper under his door in the morning. Maybe everyone should consider this story when listing their Loews preferences.

We never listed them as our preference with Lowe's. I like to get the local paper, especially when in Orlando...since most of the major dept stores have the same sale....that way I know if I need to get shopping;)

We are still waiting to see what is going to happen tomorrow... I will let you all know ....I still have all of my ressies...I haven't canceled anything yet... I have until 5 days prior & I am holding out for a glimmer of hope ::yes::

Originally posted by Familyof14
Changed my preferences from USA Today to Wall Street. :)
Every little bit helps with this company... thanks for your support!

As far as my son, he is doing much better...went for EEG today & we will get results sometime next week..as far as the guy who cut off my husband.... it was someone who was just in a big hurry & could care less about others around him.... and just kept going...my husband said by the time he backed off the pole...the guy was gone!

Just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Just hang in there, we are all pulling for you!:grouphug:

Well today was his offical last day with pay...even though no papers have been signed or anything... he was down in HR again today and they found another "job description" in his file...it appears one of them have been "altered" to show he could no longer perform his duties due to his physical ability. The altered one is the one that was sent to workers comp (showing he cannot do his job)! HR has stated to him that they never authorized this "updated change" and they are unsure of who did it. They claim that they need to investigate further....in the meantime..he is unemployed as of midnight tonight. As it appears, after he returned to work with his restrictions from his ortho, someone actually wrote up a different job description stating that he had to "bend, crawl, squat, kneel & climb" (all of which the ortho said he couldn't do). He didn't think it was correct to begin with, since he never really did that on the job. He also wasn't buying into the fact that since the "new press's" were going to be installed, he wouldn't be able to do his job (as the one who typed up & signed the termination letter stated to him) He has called workers comp and they are unhappy with his employer right now. They advised him to call the orthopedic and have him review the original job description (one that doesn't state the bend, crawl etc...) and see if he agrees that my husband can indeed perform the FULL duties that his job really require. I am not sure what workers comp is going to do... it almost appears that his company is trying to also defraud the workers comp insurance company as well.... workers comp would be the one who would be footing the bill for the re-training all because of his company decietful doings. He has called another lawyer & explained what is now going on & what has been found. He made it very clear that it isn't a case against workers comp. This one told him to call first thing on Monday morning & they will set up an appointment. The lawyer told him on the phone tonight that things may be looking dimm now, but they should change... I hope this time it works out... I cannot see how someone in a company could get away with changing a job description and the HR dept not being informed of the change..not to mention the employee (my husband) not being informed. I think it is all stemming from the fact that he & the day manager don't see eye to eye & that doctor has stated (this time & for the first time in 10 years)...that he knows there will be even more surgeries needed in the near future... (and if that isn't discrimination against an injured employee, I don't know what is?????). Someone was very sloppy in doing the paper work changes and I hope there is enough of a trail to find out who is acutally behind it...is it the company (corporate) or is it a jealous coworker???

After this is over, maybe we should all get together & write a book on what had happened...then we could all make enough money off of it to stay 6-12 months on the concierge level at the Universal Resort of our choice...and not have to worry about how we are going to pay for it... & eat at any of the resurants without having to worry about going online at 9am Fridays to get our 1/2 gift cert's!!! ;)

keeping my fingers (& toes) crossed for your family

what goes around comes around :flower1:

good luck!!

Sounds a little better, I am a home health nurse and I hurt my back about 10 years ago and my boss had the nerve to tell me that she had never had a workman's comp case against her, like I had done this on purpose just to hurt her. I recovered but she never gave me another pt. so eventually I had to find another job. She eventually lost her job for selling cosmetics on the job. The company was unsupportive of me and my complaints against her so I got a lawyer and settled for $12000 in lost wages it wasnt alot but it sure helped. So hopefully all will work out for you also. I think he is probably going to want to look for another job anyway funny how things get twisted when you have had a workmans comp claim. At least it sound like you have good leverage with altered documents. Now find a good lawyer!!!

Hi Sharon. I just wanted to let you know I have been thinking about you. Hang in there. It disgusts me to hear about how some companies treat their employees. I hope you can find a lawyer that will help your DH. I don't know the laws, but with the altered job description surely he will have a case there. It makes me so mad to see big companies mistreat people who have devoted so much of themselves to that very company. :mad:

Count me in on the book writing! I can add some comments about other companies. Looking forward to staying at concierge level and eating at Emerils every night! :p

Good luck to your family. You are in my thoughts. :grouphug:

Today is Sunday and there has been an ever stranger twist now... His ortho called the house today! My husband was going to call him on Monday so he could set up an appointment for the ortho to review the original job description ...not the altered one. My husband wasn't home at the time so I spoke to him... He asked me what was going on with my husbands job... I told him what had happened & he wants my husband to meet him before his office hours start on Monday morning. He wants him to bring the original job description & he will sign off on that stating he CAN do full duty.... The strange thing is.... we aren't sure how the ortho found out about it... we were thinking that maybe his "ex"-employer's HR dept has contacted him while doing the "further investigating". Or maybe it was workers comp.... We know it wasn't us who called?!?! Calling on a Sunday makes it even stranger?!?! I really can't wait to hear his "ex"-employers reasoning when my husband shows up with a statement that he CAN return to full duty...according to the "real" job description... I cannot believe that any of this is going on... if I were reading these posts... I would think that the writer was nuts and something like this really couldn't happen...... believe me ... it really is... and it is just giving him more documentation for an attorney..... we weren't originally thinking in terms of suing, we just wanted to know his rights...well now with all that has happened...it is more in line with a law suit against a very large company....
I still haven't canceled any of my plans...in fact I went online to the 1/2 price dinner gift certificate site again & just purchased one for Pastamore's.... now at least I know I will be eating while in Universal :teeth: I will have lunch one day at The Kitchen & dinner the next at Pastamore's...
I will keep you all posted on what happens next in this on going saga of the printer vs the paper..... hey ...that could be the title of our book :wave2:

Be sure that you are documenting everything. Absolutely amazing what some companies do. I never planned on suing my company until my work gradually dwindled down to nothing, at that point I was so mad that I just wanted to show them! Hopefully you will be able to enjoy your sons graduation and your upcoming trip!:sunny:

My husband meet with the doctor yesterday morning & signed on the job descripton stating that he CAN indeed do all that his job requires. He took it to work and the HR dept was dumbfounded. They told him that they don't know what to say and it has to be "investigated further"...yeah right.. anyway, they told him that the soonist he could meet with the head of the HR dept will be on Monday the 10th. As far as a meeting with the Publisher, that is also set for Monday the 10th. I think they are giving him the run around.. He meet with the lawyer today and once again....they said...Florida is a right to work & right to terminate state. I don't understand why they say what they say on the phone and then when he gets there they tell him there is nothing he can do to his employer. He can go after workers comp...which this lawyer was pushing for...but he doesn't want to do that ...they aren't the ones giving him the problem...it is the company (employer). He spoke to workers comp & they told him to call them after he meets with the Publisher. In the mean-time, he is not working & not getting paid!!! He has been applying for jobs but he is limited on newspapers... he has also put in some app's for goverment (city & county positions)....and no luck so far.. I still haven't canceled any of my plans...I may just wait till the 5 day period for Disney.... I am so confused. I considered SkyAuction & Priceline, but I am getting PO-R for only $74 per night (7 nights) & the All Star Sports for $59 (4 nihgt)....so if anything... I don't think I could pass up those rates....I may just cut the days down... I don't know what to do!!!! The logical side of me says...cancel everything....we are going to need the money...the other side is saying...I have RPR for 2 nights & one is paid already (on my charge card) so I really only have to pay for one.. and as far as Disney... if we don't do it now...it may be a very long long time before we can afford the season pass's again ...(we only live 3 hours away and I know we will get our money's worth!!) and I also have one night of the PO-R & one of the AS-Sports paid... HELP :confused: :confused:
honest opinions here.. I know some of you have said to look into the condo deals... but with $518 + tax for one week on Disney's property is cheap......
I am still hoping that his ex-employer will have some sort of job for him...even at 80% of his pay as workers comp states.... I will keep you all posted....:wave2:

Sharon...I hope your DH can get something resolved soon. I can't imagine the frustration you all are going through right now. I don't know your financial situation, but I think I would go ahead and take your trip as planned. It sounds like you have booked some fantastic rates. You probably need this vacation more than ever right now.

I have made a mental note to NOT get that paper on my upcoming RPR visit. I am so sorry you are going through this. I will keep you in my prayers. How is your son?

Oh my, I can't believe the run around they are giving your husband, it is absolutely sickening. Kansas is also a right to work state, it can be very frustrating. I would definitely keep your plans for a vacation, I dont know how you are financially but if it were us we would probably just stay a few less days and maybe only stay at universal one day since the hotel there is probably 3 times the cost at value or moderate disney hotel, that way you could still use fotl for two days. If you do consider staying just one nite make sure they will allow you to cancel a nite without your room rate going up. I also was wondering how the tests came out on your son and how he is doing. Please keep us posted! everything will work out for the best in the end!:sunny:

Got the results of my son's EEG and it is normal!!!! I am very happy over that! One less thing that I will have to worry about. I still hope that what happened to him doesn't happen again, but chances are slimmer knowing that it could have just been from stress. My car is now fixed...cost $600 even... only thing left now is my husbands job... I like the idea of the switching RPR to 1 night... I really only need the 2 days FOTL. I hadn't thought of that. I do have the money put aside for vacation, my concern is that if my husband ends up not being able to get a job ...that money would come in handy..but then again.... if he ends up not getting a job soon...if we don't do it now...we won't be able to later... Oh my other good news... I know I had told you all that my Mom has cancer & we had to wait for her scan results to see if she was still in remission...I told you all she was...well my son is happy now that his "Nanny" (he is the first grandchild) will arrive in FT Myers on Sat the 8th. She will be able to attend his award ceremony (when he gets his scholorship) on the 13th & his graduation of the 17th... so other than the job ...things are looking up.... and when I put everything into prespective... my Mom & son's health are really more important... jobs will come and go...but I only have one Mom & one Mark (my son)...they are way more important than any job could ever be :D

Mickeyfan - Just thought I would try to make you feel better by reminding you that we all have our ups and downs.

My family is beginning to sound like yours. Although my husband still has a job (that can change at anytime...you just don't ever know) , we have had similar incidences lately.

My 23 year old has been having heart trouble. We think we have a diagnosis, but she requires a few more test to confirm. Very stressful!

Last week, my 16 year old crashed into a mailbox and did $2200 worth of damage. He is paying for the damage out of his own pocket.

We did cancel a small trip to help pay for my DD's medical bills and the car until my son can pay us back. However, I really think all your points are valid as to why you should continue with your trip. Go, maybe cut back a little and have a great time and cherish the memories!

I am very happy to hear that your son's EEG came back OK. You are so right about our loved ones health being more important than other things. I am glad that I was able to help suggesting only staying one night at universal, that is all we are staying this trip since it is so expensive at least then we will get fotl. Have a wonderful Mothers Day with your mom and family. Keep us posted how things are going with your husbands job, etc and your continued vacation plans! Take care, Pokeysmom - Melanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter