• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Goodbye American Idol Experience! (update) AND Indiana Jones!

The cast of Indy received confirmation this morning that it is NOT closing. American Idol is closing, but the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular is going to remain open.

https://twitter.com/WDWNT

Glad Indy's stikcing around. It's the perfect compliment to STar Wars, even if the rest of the area becomes more Star Wars oriented.

I won't really miss AI. I never did it, but it has zero appeal to me.

The cast of Indy received confirmation this morning that it is NOT closing. American Idol is closing, but the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular is going to remain open.

https://twitter.com/WDWNT

Thanks for the update. When I read this thread this morning I was even wondering why the Indy show was mentioned, there was nothing said about it in the news story linked to in the op. I guess the story was updated with the Indy stuff taken out.

Holy crap is Hollywood Studios becoming a wreck of a park. Let's face it, even if they announce SW tomorrow nothing will be done until 2018 at the earliest.

Going by past performance, that is totally accurate. However, with the first of the new Trilogy being released next December, and the increasing popularity of SWW, it would be insane for Disney to have half the park under construction for the planned 5 consecutive years of new Star Wars films. It seems to me that the powers that be couldn't POSSIBLY be that naive.

I'm going to guess that the space will be left unused a la Epcot, or they will find a way to have at least a version 1.0 of Star Wars Land ready for SWW 2016.

Very good point!!

Well, while you and I may not really go "ga ga" for this attraction, it has it's loyal fans. Disney is smart not to do a stealth close on the attraction as some people will make it a point to go see this thing over the next six months. Some people need time to grieve.

And anyway, it's not like they have anything ready to go. Closing it simply leaves a hole that will be waiting to be filled for quite some time.

I wonder how Indiana will look in his new Jedi outfit. ;)

Wow.... If they don't announce something to replace at least the Indiana Jones show this is a huge loss to HS....

Wow.... If they don't announce something to replace at least the Indiana Jones show this is a huge loss to HS....

They DO have things to replace the show... it's the Star Wars remodel of the park. Read the link I posted above. There will be a LOT of new stuff... eventually, which is the problem. Will take quite a while to roll this remodel out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter