Goodbye American Idol Experience! (update) AND Indiana Jones!

When you think about the square footage (acreage) of Backlot Tour, LMA, Indy, and Idol, closing all that down and bringing in new stuff would mean a park makeover the likes of which we have never seen before.

Everything you mentioned needs to go along with the animation courtyard and everything in it as well as the Beauty and the Beast show,been there too long as well and would be a great location for a new ride.I mean the truth is this park in my opinion has such a huge upside but its been in stall mode thanks to Disney.I was a bit sad to see AIE go but its needed to start bringing new attractions to this park.What scares me though is how long will it take Disney to do everything this park needs.Aside from what looks like Star Wars in that Indy/Echo lake area of the park you have to build something else pretty major in the LMA/backlot tour area or first remove the backlot tour and build something similar to Crushs coaster leaving LMA for a future expansion along with replacements for Beauty and the Beast and the Animation courtyard area.I've said for a long time this park is not like MK where attractions will be there forever,over at Universal studios many people were sad to see Jaws go but with Diagon Alley looking like it will open next week nobodys too upset any longer.

I know what you mean. I saw the show once and they picked this guy out of the audience who was wearing a Hawaiian shirt and picked on him the whole show. It was hilarious. I'll miss that element of spontaneity. ;)

You do remember the guy with the bright Hawaiian shirt is a stuntman that's part of the show?

When you think about the square footage (acreage) of Backlot Tour, LMA, Indy, and Idol, closing all that down and bringing in new stuff would mean a park makeover the likes of which we have never seen before.
Unless they need a really big FP+ kiosk area. ;) Seriously this could be really exciting.

I don't even know where this is at DHS!! I probably passed it unknowingly a million times.....it's good news where I am concerned!!!! Now- if this is to make room for Star Wars than this is very exciting news!! Star Wars Land will shut down anything Harry Potter!!!! :dance3:
No it won't.

Everything you mentioned needs to go along with the animation courtyard and everything in it as well as the Beauty and the Beast show,been there too long as well and would be a great location for a new ride.I mean the truth is this park in my opinion has such a huge upside but its been in stall mode thanks to Disney.I was a bit sad to see AIE go but its needed to start bringing new attractions to this park.What scares me though is how long will it take Disney to do everything this park needs.Aside from what looks like Star Wars in that Indy/Echo lake area of the park you have to build something else pretty major in the LMA/backlot tour area or first remove the backlot tour and build something similar to Crushs coaster leaving LMA for a future expansion along with replacements for Beauty and the Beast and the Animation courtyard area.I've said for a long time this park is not like MK where attractions will be there forever,over at Universal studios many people were sad to see Jaws go but with Diagon Alley looking like it will open next week nobodys too upset any longer.
I wish that were true here! I have someone here who won't quit fussing about Jaws closing. I agree that most people don't care much though. It's good to keep these studio themeparks fresh.

Sorry I didn't specify..the Indy news was posted by the DIS team on Facebook, and a few other places.

Star Wars prep *cough*

Just waiting for the public
announcement around the movie release so can get a better idea of what will actually come to fruition.

I don't even know where this is at DHS!! I probably passed it unknowingly a million times.....it's good news where I am concerned!!!! Now- if this is to make room for Star Wars than this is very exciting news!! Star Wars Land will shut down anything Harry Potter!!!! :dance3:
No it won't. Both will be a draw and popular.

I've been hearing from several friends at Disney that the Indy closing rumor is 100% false, take it for what it's worth. American Idol is closing because they are running out the contract.

I've never had any interest in the American Idol attraction, so I'm not sorry to see it go. I do miss the Who Wants to be a Millionaire attraction though.

I haven't gone to see Indy the last couple of times I've visited. I just got bored with it. Saw the LMA show last time and won't need to see that again.

But for some reason I still go to Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid shows. And still miss the Hunchback show. Go figure.

A Star Wars land would be awesome! Because after this year I don't see myself having any reason to go back to Disney unless there is a major makeover at one of the parks.

If there is a Star Wars land in the works for DHS, that could explain the go-ahead for Avatarland at AK. IMHO, If Disney had to choose between an Avatarland and a Starwarsland, SW wins in a landslide. Maybe there's room for both.

Guess we will be making a farewell visit to Indiana on our Sept trip then... My boyfriend really likes the movies and this is his first visit. I don't particularly care either way... but I'd rather have a ride like DL!!! :thumbsup2

If there is a Star Wars land in the works for DHS, that could explain the go-ahead for Avatarland at AK. IMHO, If Disney had to choose between an Avatarland and a Starwarsland, SW wins in a landslide. Maybe there's room for both.

What is the go-ahead for Avatarland?

I've seen no mention of Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular going anywhere aside from this thread.

I don't picture them getting rid of it anytime soon. I'd like an update on some of the scenes, but definitely not to get rid of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter