Good Riddance

I wouldn't say good riddance.

I'm not emotionally attached to the Hat like some people, but it is kind of cool. The first time we went to WDW was 2008 so it's always been there and I do associate the Hat with DHS just like Spaceship Earth to Epcot.

However if this mean Starwars land is coming LETS DO IT!!!!:thumbsup2

dhs.jpg

Meh. Stay or go, doesn't matter to me. I'm more anxious for the confirmation on the Star Wars expansion.

Just as many people loved the hat as hate it. I for one am one of those that feel really sad to see it go:sad:. It added something to the park, it is one of the most recognizable feature to the park. Like the tree of life etc. I mean is nothing sacred anymore.....whats up with all the changes. Disney is more than trying to capitalize on the newest thing you know. It's about parents wanting to share the things they remember from their childhood visits to the park. It's about tradition. New things are great but not at the expense of the classics!!:confused3

I can certainly understand why you may feel the way that you do, but a few things need to be clarified. First and foremost, the hat was never a "classic". What was a classic and always intended to be the focal point of the view down Hollywood Blvd is the Chinese Movie Theater. By removing the hat, which obstructed this view and disrupted the intended theme of the area, Disney would be - for once - returning to a "classic". I wish they would take this same stance with Imagination over in EPCOT.

There are a core group of Disney fanatics, who love the experience old and new......we contribute thousands of dollars each year to Disney (my family alone goes every year, at an average of 5000K). What about us....we represent Disneys bread and butter.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your $5K/year to Disney's coffers doesn't mean a hill of beans. Now what would mean something is that if you and a boatload of other disgruntled customers voted with their pocketbooks and decided to stop rewarding Disney for "bad behavior" and decided to spend your vacation dollars elsewhere. Unfortunately, history tells us that's not going to happen over the removal of the hat. It didn't happen with 20K Leagues, it didn't happen with Horizons, it didn't happen with Imagination and it won't with Maelstrom, either. Unfortunately, Disney has a monopoly on, well... Disney. They often make decisions that upset a great number of people, but seldom do these decisions drive us Disney-crazed guests to spend our hard-earned vacation dollars elsewhere. Instead, we vent on these forums, hoot and holler like we're really steamed off, then vacation there anyways because that's precisely what we like to do regardless. If you really want to effect change, you're going to need to vote with your pocketbook and hope that a number of other consumers do, too for the very same reason. Then, and only then, will Disney begin to listen. Don't start holding your breath now, or you may turn the very color of the hat that is disappearing...

Also for those of you who like the new view of the chinese theater.......I have it on VERY good authority that it is also being removed to make way for the star wars expansion.

While I wouldn't rule this out, I'll believe it when I see it...

There is some serious condescension, and sarcasm coming from a few people here:sad2:. Apparently, these individuals, have a hard time accepting that others do not share their opinion:confused3.

First and foremost, the hat was never a "classic". What was a classic and always intended to be the focal point of the view down Hollywood Blvd is the Chinese Movie Theater.

You seem to have trouble understanding the difference between an opinion and a fact. Protip: Your little rant is an opinion bucko. "Classic" is in the eye of the beholder and trying to dictate to others what classic means to you just comes across as being a jerk.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your $5K/year to Disney's coffers doesn't mean a hill of beans. ... Instead, we vent on these forums, hoot and holler like we're really steamed off, then vacation there anyways because that's precisely what we like to do regardless.

No, you "hoot and holler", and in the process misunderstand what you are replying to.

DsnyDad73 was simply saying the "core" of the Disney audience is made up of people who enjoy both the old and the new. So for every person saying "good riddance" (and sounding like an elitist in the process), another person is disappointed to see it go.

It is a very simple observation, yet you seem to think it requires some giant "wake-up call" and then you go on to speak FOR Disney by telling this guy his money he spends isn't worth anything to Disney, when I can tell you right now - the number of surveys they send out and the time they spend trying to improve things for the general public flies right in the face of it. Unfortunately, it appears your too busy pining fr the way things used to be to appreciate anything new. Lucky for me Disney isn't run by people with similar mindsets, or it would get real boring real fast.

Ok seen park without the hat, then when the hat was placed WHICH became the parks ICON it grew on me. I say move that Bad Boy up Front as folks walk towards the park. I'll just say this PLEASE Disney NO FROZEN stuff in it's place. Love the movie but overkill on everything Frozen.

I've got it, they're replacing the hat with a Huge Death Star

I said in another thread a while back that they should project the Death Star on to Spaceship Earth - for any type of major Star Wars announcement.

Like they did with Mike from Monsters...

DsnyDad73 was simply saying the "core" of the Disney audience is made up of people who enjoy both the old and the new.

Actually, the "core" of Walt Disney Worlds audience (which is really what we're talking about here) is brand new guests that have never set foot in WDW before. Only around 30% of WDW guests are repeat visitors. Most of their core audience doesn't really have a frame of reference for what's old or new because it's all new to them.

When they first put the hat up I thought it was temporary. I was right - it just took a very long time. It was an eyesore.

I have a crazy theory here. I mean really crazy so bear with me.

I like many Disney fans watch Once Upon A Time. In the past few episodes a lot of the plot has centered around the sorcerers hat. I don't think that a coincidence. I think they might be using the show to promote a change in the park. I keep feeling that if I watch close enough there will be more clues about what they are doing with the hat and what will replace it.

I like many Disney fans watch Once Upon A Time. In the past few episodes a lot of the plot has centered around the sorcerers hat. I don't think that a coincidence. I think they might be using the show to promote a change in the park. I keep feeling that if I watch close enough there will be more clues about what they are doing with the hat and what will replace it.

That's an interesting theory. The "scary" part is that the Main plot of those episodes is all about Frozen.

Maybe they'll bring back fireworks

As reported a couple of weeks ago, the Sorcerer’s Hat is coming down in “early 2015,” most likely beginning the second week in January. Its removal is not so much a “re-connection” with the Studios’ original purpose, but more of a way to install a permanent stage and set off nightly fireworks. The hat gets in the way of both.

SOURCE: http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...s-dream-big-hero-6-–-hollywood-studios-11114/

As reported a couple of weeks ago, the Sorcerer’s Hat is coming down in “early 2015,” most likely beginning the second week in January. Its removal is not so much a “re-connection” with the Studios’ original purpose, but more of a way to install a permanent stage and set off nightly fireworks. The hat gets in the way of both.

SOURCE: http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...s-dream-big-hero-6-–-hollywood-studios-11114/

I can see that being very helpful. Did NYE a few years ago and it was not much of a viewing area as a lot of the display was kinda hidden. Although that area is kinda blah IMO with just the Chinese Theatre.

Hope they move it to Fantasmic though.

I don't mind the hat itself, I did mind it's location. A better place IMHO is over Animation courtyard. It's a better fit.

YES!
I completely agree with this and am so glad you posted - so I know I am not crazy.

I said to my sister last night that has got to be a part of what they are doing and somehow this will lend itself to the next "arc" on Once Upon a Time, but also a clue as to what will be happening in the parks. Will the real "Princess Leia" (who Emma used as an alias previously) make an appearance?

So much suspense!! :happytv: :hyper::hyper::hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter