Good Riddance

You seem to have trouble understanding the difference between an opinion and a fact. Protip: Your little rant is an opinion bucko. Classic" is in the eye of the beholder and trying to dictate to others what classic means to you just "comes across as being a jerk.

Pot, meet kettle.

No, you "hoot and holler", and in the process misunderstand what you are replying to.

:confused3

DsnyDad73 was simply saying the "core" of the Disney audience is made up of people who enjoy both the old and the new. So for every person saying "good riddance" (and sounding like an elitist in the process), another person is disappointed to see it go.

So in addition to being an expert on what other's like around Disney, you are now DsnyDad's spokesperson? I'd like to see your facts on the 1:1 ratio of people who both love and hate the hat. Please do share your source...

It is a very simple observation, yet you seem to think it requires some giant "wake-up call" and then you go on to speak FOR Disney by telling this guy his money he spends isn't worth anything to Disney, when I can tell you right now - the number of surveys they send out and the time they spend trying to improve things for the general public flies right in the face of it..

If you took the time to actually read my response, you will see that I simply illustrated the fact that Disney has removed a laundry list of attractions that were beloved by many. Horizons, Imagination, 20K Leagues, Maelstrom just to name a few. The folks who loved these attractions shelled out thousands of dollars per trip, just like your new client DsnyDad has. Yet, did that change anything? Did their survey results mean anything? Surely, these folks - just like DsnyDad - could throw a fit and threaten to spend their vacation dollars elsewhere. But at the end of the day, one of two things happen; either these people continue to patronize Disney in spite of these changes, or they write the place off. Judging by YOY record attendance figures and record profitability for Parks & Resorts, I'm going to hazard a guess and say that Disney hasn't noticed if anyone has "written them off" by announcing the closure of Maelstrom, and I'm going to go out on another limb and say the same will be true of the "hat removal". While my response may have sounded like "tough luck", at the end of the day, that's basically what Disney is telling those of us who are watching something we love go away for good. Like I said, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but sometimes, the truth hurts.

Unfortunately, it appears your too busy pining fr the way things used to be to appreciate anything new. Lucky for me Disney isn't run by people with similar mindsets, or it would get real boring real fast.

Well, it appears that your wrong about that, because Disney is actually reverting back to the way "things used to be" by removing the hat, now aren't they? ..... :rolleyes1

I like the Sorcerer Mickey's hat a lot. Sad to see it go. Hopefully, they will put another monstrosity in its place that's even better! :goodvibes

dhs.jpg

:rotfl:

I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happened though. :lmao:

Pot, meet kettle.

:confused3

So in addition to being an expert on what other's like around Disney, you are now DsnyDad's spokesperson? I'd like to see your facts on the 1:1 ratio of people who both love and hate the hat. Please do share your source...

If you took the time to actually read my response, you will see that I simply illustrated the fact that Disney has removed a laundry list of attractions that were beloved by many. Horizons, Imagination, 20K Leagues, Maelstrom just to name a few. The folks who loved these attractions shelled out thousands of dollars per trip, just like your new client DsnyDad has. Yet, did that change anything? Did their survey results mean anything? Surely, these folks - just like DsnyDad - could throw a fit and threaten to spend their vacation dollars elsewhere. But at the end of the day, one of two things happen; either these people continue to patronize Disney in spite of these changes, or they write the place off. Judging by YOY record attendance figures and record profitability for Parks & Resorts, I'm going to hazard a guess and say that Disney hasn't noticed if anyone has "written them off" by announcing the closure of Maelstrom, and I'm going to go out on another limb and say the same will be true of the "hat removal". While my response may have sounded like "tough luck", at the end of the day, that's basically what Disney is telling those of us who are watching something we love go away for good. Like I said, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but sometimes, the truth hurts.

Well, it appears that your wrong about that, because Disney is actually reverting back to the way "things used to be" by removing the hat, now aren't they? ..... :rolleyes1

Why can't everyone have an opinion without some jumping to express their judgment of the opinion?

I seem to recall reading a while ago that part of the intent of placing the hat where it is was to intentionally block the theatre. I seem to recall that the discussion was that Disney lost the licensing rights to the theatre and was not allowed to market it as the focal point of the park. Does anyone recall this or was that just a rumor?

I seem to recall reading a while ago that part of the intent of placing the hat where it is was to intentionally block the theatre. I seem to recall that the discussion was that Disney lost the licensing rights to the theatre and was not allowed to market it as the focal point of the park. Does anyone recall this or was that just a rumor?

It was a rumor. Architectural copyright didn't exist until 1999 and only applies to building designed since then.

Also, the rumor stated that Disney had a licensing issue with the new owners of the theater. However, if a copyright did exist, it would belong to the architect, not the theater owners.

ETA: If anything, I think they added the hat to block the theater NOT because they were forced to, but because they wanted something that was more "Disney" than the theater in the backdrop of all those guest photos.

I have to say, i'm a bit nostalgic for the hat. I'm one who never experienced the Studios without it, and it's a bit sad for me to see it go.

I know my opinion isn't very commonly shared in the community, but I hope they don't just destroy it. What I want is for it to go somewhere else, I think it would fit pretty nicely in All Star Movies. I think that would make everyone happy, the people who dislike the hat get to see it moved somewhere not intrusive, and the fans of it still get to experience it later down the line.

I have to say, i'm a bit nostalgic for the hat. I'm one who never experienced the Studios without it, and it's a bit sad for me to see it go.

I know my opinion isn't very commonly shared in the community, but I hope they don't just destroy it. What I want is for it to go somewhere else, I think it would fit pretty nicely in All Star Movies. I think that would make everyone happy, the people who dislike the hat get to see it moved somewhere not intrusive, and the fans of it still get to experience it later down the line.

Maybe it will be for sale on Ebay.

Why can't everyone have an opinion without some jumping to express their judgment of the opinion?

Not sure, Goofy. Much like you, I've been a member of these forums for close to 15 years, and I can tell you, it's not like it used to be. I still enjoy surfing and reading, as the information available here is second to none. However, some of the newer "gunslingers" can make the posting experience a little less enjoyable. Nevertheless, chin up :thumbsup2

Not sure, Goofy. Much like you, I've been a member of these forums for close to 15 years, and I can tell you, it's not like it used to be. I still enjoy surfing and reading, as the information available here is second to none. However, some of the newer "gunslingers" can make the posting experience a little less enjoyable. Nevertheless, chin up :thumbsup2

Sorry...my bad

;)

You're one of my favorite gunslingers :thumbsup2

Speaking of which, where the heck have you been? In any event, glad to see you back!

I take a pause after vacations...

I stayed at the Polynesian warzone during the most recent RunDisney event...which I'm beginning to hate and I'm a runner

And went on DCL for the first time..my review is not too favorable

I stayed at the Polynesian warzone during the most recent RunDisney event...which I'm beginning to hate and I'm a runner

I did much the same, and am just starting to get back into the swing of things after my WDW visit. What days were you down there? I just returned from 10 days at the Contemporary (BLT) October 21st - 30th. We were originally slated for the Wilderness Lodge, but chose to move last minute as to avoid the pool construction. How was your experience at the Poly? Obviously you knew what you were getting into, but did the construction play a big factor in your enjoyment? It was difficult seeing the GCH so torn up, and I was a little less than impressed with some of the already-visible changes. I'm hoping for better results as more changes become visible to guests...

Ahhh.. I've been waiting for this review... I'm not sold on the whole cruise idea.

Ahhh.. I've been waiting for this review... I'm not sold on the whole cruise idea.

It's not the cruise, the ship or the staff...all of those were high quality...

What it is...and I knew this going in but had to be able to quantify it...is roughly a 100% up charge for the "D" as compared to similar cruiselines (I think specifically of royal Caribbean, holland America, and celebrity).

The main disappointment was the food. It just didnt not measure up to reputation or price.

I found it below the streamlined wdw sitdowns...and those have declined noticeable for years.

I like cruising and I was pretty eager for this. But I just don't see myself going back on the Dream anytime soon.

When you (if you) see the street without the hat, with the theatre as the focal point as the street was designed, you'll understand. The Hat "blew up" the perspective of the whole entry of the park, IMHO. Imagine them plopping it down in the middle of the hub in the MK. :crazy2: Whether you like it or not, it would ruin the perspective of the street as it was designed. This is exactly what they did to DHS when they set that albatross in the middle of the park. The place just looks better without it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter