Good Luck to you Pete!!! You will be missed!

boufa

DIS Veteran
After the slip on last weeks show and the face book update (which ended just short of "goodbye") Its clear to me that Pete is leaving or changing his role significantly.

I have mixed feelings. I think the show will go on just fine without him, but on the other hand he is a big part of the show and will be missed.

Of course I could be wrong, but the evidence is pretty clear. Hope I'm wrong, but don't think so...

Let me be the first to say you will be missed Pete and good luck to you in whatever your endeavors. It is a huge achievement to create something with that continues to roll along after you stepped away from it. We'll find out officially Wed. I guess.

I'm saving the shows the dentist office.

So what happened last weeks show?

Oh man...I hope Pete doesn't quit the show altogether. As another Jersey transplant to Central Florida, hearing his Jersey accent and those rants are HUGE draws for me!!

3 clues...
1) Last week on facebook Pete said their was a major announcemt this week on the show then he added, major at least to him.
2) during a chatty section of housekeeping last week. Someone said something that Pete thought they were kissing up to John and replied with "He's not king around here for another 2 months"
3) His most recent facebook update was "Nah Nah Nah Na, Hey Hey Hey..." (the next line is goodbye)

Other than that I don't know anymore than anyone else (outside the inner circle). I don't have any immediate plans to go back to Disney any time soon, yet I keep listening, because I enjoy THEM. If the time off in September is any indication, they will do o.k. on the podcast without his voice, but that does not reduce the amount he will be missed.

While I love the rest of the Dis unplugged team...........I don't think I'll enjoy it as much without Pete....the chemistry between everyone is what makes the show so wonderful and removing a peice of that just makes it seem like something is missing.

Here's hoping it's not what we think...

Tell me it isn't true that he is packing up and moving to Australia to open a Hamburger stand with a Coffee Shop next door? ;)

I think someone's drawing some pretty specific and drastic conclusions from some pretty vague assumptions. Guess we should wait to see what's said in the podcast before we speculate too much. Right?

I hope you are misreading things. While they did an admirable job while Pete was away last year and this year, this would greatly change the dynamic of the podcast. I love the way they ALL work together.

Kim

While I will agree there is some conclusion jumping, it is the reason I have not posted this until now. I am very open to being wrong, in fact I hope I am wrong. If I turn out to be wrong, I will be the first one to admit it.

One of the things that the disboards does well is guess and speculate at every move that Disney has done, is doing, or will ever do. This conversation is no different.

Besides leaping to conclusions is the only exercise I get lately.

I think someone's drawing some pretty specific and drastic conclusions from some pretty vague assumptions. Guess we should wait to see what's said in the podcast before we speculate too much. Right?

Why let rational thought get in the way of a good old fashioned freak out? :confused3

You're right though-we're all leaping tall buildings in a single bound to a conclusion that may or may not be accurate.

While I love the rest of the Dis unplugged team...........I don't think I'll enjoy it as much without Pete....the chemistry between everyone is what makes the show so wonderful and removing a peice of that just makes it seem like something is missing.

Here's hoping it's not what we think...

I agree Cathie, I love listening to all the team, but without Pete it just won't be the same. Pete, you would be missed!

As long as it won be the same....we should probably just stop doing it.

If it's not the same....it cant be any good....right?

You should all listen to Dodie.

She's smart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter