• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Golf Cart Rental?

We rented with Kenny last march. I have rented from him since he first began his company. He was always professional and it felt good to support someone working hard on making a business. This last time was not a good experience. We had to go behind some old closed restaurant to do the switch-a-roo. It felt like an illegal activity. The cart was just OK. But we were happy with the price, so we towed it back to our cabin. It was OK until the third day and it would not start. I called Kenny and he was not very fast at responding. They did not have a replacement cart, so he had to call a mechanic. It was a pain. We lost a whole day waiting around for this guy. I was so disappointed because we only had a few days there. I hate to say it, but I will not use him again. IF it was just going off property to get the cart, that would have been OK. But the cart was is bad shape and we lost a precious day.

Fast forward to today. I will succumb to paying Disney prices for a cart because of the previous hassle. I will cut out a meal at the Hoop De Doo to pay for it. I don t need the calories anyhow!!!

So I read about kenny all the time, he seems very flaky and hit or miss. Anyone use any other local rentals? Have any feedback or opinions?

We have rented from Kenny for the past 8 trips to FW. His carts are great and we have not have any issues with him, his service or his carts. We will be going back this summer and at T'giving. I have booked a cart with disney for both trips.

Disney is more expensive, but I consider the additional cost a "convenience" fee. We usually arrive after 10pm after driving in from Texas, so picking up our cart at check-in is a plus, allowing us to hit the parks first thing the next morning. When we rent from Kenny, we have to delay going to the park until we can go off site to meet Kenny and get our cart. The process only takes an hour or so to get it, but in the end, the morning is gone.

Returning carts to Disney is a matter of dropping it at the Reception Outpost as we drive out the gate. Renting from Kenny, we either had to take the cart back to him the afternoon before we left, again taking several hours out of park time, or we would delay our departure until 9am or so to take the cart back the day we leave. Either way, we end up either losing park time or getting on the road home later than we want.

The carts from Kenny and Disney are pretty much the same in my mind. It comes down to convenience. We go to Disney to enjoy Disney, not to coordinate and run around picking up and dropping off carts. In the future, if we have an opportunity to stay at FW for more than a week, I would probably rent from Kenny, but for a week or less, I am going Disney.

Just my thoughts....

I agree. My vacation time it too valuable to spend some of it driving back and forth to pick up a cart. The last few trips we rented from Disney. Yes, it's more expensive, but my time is worth something too.

We rented with Kenny last march. I have rented from him since he first began his company. He was always professional and it felt good to support someone working hard on making a business. This last time was not a good experience. We had to go behind some old closed restaurant to do the switch-a-roo. It felt like an illegal activity. The cart was just OK. But we were happy with the price, so we towed it back to our cabin. It was OK until the third day and it would not start. I called Kenny and he was not very fast at responding. They did not have a replacement cart, so he had to call a mechanic. It was a pain. We lost a whole day waiting around for this guy. I was so disappointed because we only had a few days there. I hate to say it, but I will not use him again. IF it was just going off property to get the cart, that would have been OK. But the cart was is bad shape and we lost a precious day.

Fast forward to today. I will succumb to paying Disney prices for a cart because of the previous hassle. I will cut out a meal at the Hoop De Doo to pay for it. I don t need the calories anyhow!!!

Agree. We have used Kenny in the past and had such a bad experience this past Oct/Nov trip (3 loss days with mechanic visits...among other things) we will never use or recommend him again. Cart was also in dangerous shape with very narrow back seat slipping off. We had to end up renting a cart from FW to cover one of our days.

Rented from Kenny for years since 2010, but last Oct/Nov not good experience.... One of our carts was in bad shape and hard to hold a charge, not able to get a replacement. Mentioned to the guy whom dropped off to (not a kenny himself) and he said that kenny only has so many carts and it was such a busy time (Halloween) that he had borrowed from other vendors "so that at least everybody got something." Not what we had come to expect, he has always been great to deal with in person but what with losing time to coordinate and then not having a reliable cart, we are reserved with Disney for this Halloween.

Just did a two week rental from Kenny. First time having to pick up off-site, the location to pick up was not seedy or in a questionable area and were in large parking lots behind very busy local restaurants. For someone unfamiliar with the area or first timer I can see how the overall process might be intimidating. Not too bad for us however, it took just over an hour from leaving to pickup and final return of trailer. Cart was newer and in great shape, a bit slow but not a huge issue. The cost over two weeks made this much more reasonable than 14 days from Dis. Now, if I was in a crunch on time, perhaps not worth the effort but well worth it for the length of our trip. I will continue to go with his services since my next couple of foreseeable trips will be multi-week. His assistant has been a wonderful addition and communication is much better than may have been in the past. I hope he can keep this process going for the fort, no way I'd spend $1000.00+ bucks on a cart rental.

We rented from Kenny in October. I had no issues with the pickup, normal Kenny communications. The cart was older, but was in good repair. I would use them again if needed. However, I budgeted for how often we are at FW, and buying a used cart for my wife for christmas was a cheaper solution for us.

Two years ago I rented from Kenny and my cart had light problems. Totally ruined Halloween night looping. But he eventually got it fixed and later he gave me a partial refund. This past October we rented again. The cart was not charged well at all and died after a short time. Turned out the previous renter was not nice and didn't charge it. The procedure now is a pain going off site to pick up and return the cart. But if you have time and want to save the money go for it. I have never had a problem reaching someone with Kenny's company.

We always had a good experience with Kenny, but haven't been there for 2 years so everything is different. One thing we didn't like at the time - his carts roof doesn't extend over the back seat, so if/when it rained, we in the back got drenched.

We have used Kenny a number of times now and like some others we did have a problem once. I 2013 when he had brought in his new office mgr. there was a lot of confusion. Kelly his mgr didn't know all of his reservations and didn't fill reservations she didn't know about. Since then i have learned to confirm with her and no problems. I call her 2 or 3 days after I book online and things happen the way they are supposed to

We uses Kenny for our 2 weeks stay Jan 3 thru 16th. We picked up the Golf Cart from someone in 1500 loop coming in on the 3rd. There was something wrong with the cart & it was replaced. We would use Kenny again, but we bought us a new 2016 Silver Golf Cart & picked it up yesterday (2/27) DH wanted a gasoline much noisier than the electric. We did get the top to extend over the back seat. Grumpy bought a new Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler few weeks ago, so now I can take the Golf Cart wherever the RV parks allow a GC. Can't wait for our new trip to the Fort!!

Just did a two week rental from Kenny. First time having to pick up off-site, the location to pick up was not seedy or in a questionable area and were in large parking lots behind very busy local restaurants. For someone unfamiliar with the area or first timer I can see how the overall process might be intimidating. Not too bad for us however, it took just over an hour from leaving to pickup and final return of trailer. Cart was newer and in great shape, a bit slow but not a huge issue. The cost over two weeks made this much more reasonable than 14 days from Dis. Now, if I was in a crunch on time, perhaps not worth the effort but well worth it for the length of our trip. I will continue to go with his services since my next couple of foreseeable trips will be multi-week. His assistant has been a wonderful addition and communication is much better than may have been in the past. I hope he can keep this process going for the fort, no way I'd spend $1000.00+ bucks on a cart rental.

If you ever stay for a month again, you may make a hour trip to Sun City Center to Sun City Golf Carts. I just called and they only rent by the month, but its only 200 bucks..... 500 Deposit to make sure its not broken which makes since for a month long rental. But 200 is cheap but for Sun City I know they stay BUSY just renting to that area is all old people driving golf carts :) I need one just for the weekend maybe since our golf cart will be parade ready and I am not sure i want to drive it all weekend with everything on it until the parade. I am afraid the kids will break the sides as its foam board.

There is also Jenkins in Lakeland, they are 85 a day for a 4 seater or 190 a week. The weekly price is reasonable. Of course another place you have to pick it up.

We always had a good experience with Kenny, but haven't been there for 2 years so everything is different. One thing we didn't like at the time - his carts roof doesn't extend over the back seat, so if/when it rained, we in the back got drenched.[/QUOTE

We rented one from Tee Time last week and it had an extended roof over there rear. It was an older cart but it was perfect no problems. We didnt ask for it but it had the longer roof. You may want to ask when you order your cart.

226 till we are back on the Porch........

What we need is a compactable Cart that does not COST a fortune that we can put (simply) in the back of the truck but can be easily taken out and perhaps assembled on site.

I really only need a tubular frame with wheels, seat, motor and steering (okay and lights/horn too).

I guess I am dreaming... Maybe I will work on making it myself. (I haven't done welding yet... Maybe that's the next skill to learn)

What we need is a compactable Cart that does not COST a fortune that we can put (simply) in the back of the truck but can be easily taken out and perhaps assembled on site.

I really only need a tubular frame with wheels, seat, motor and steering (okay and lights/horn too).

I guess I am dreaming... Maybe I will work on making it myself. (I haven't done welding yet... Maybe that's the next skill to learn)

Maybe try the cricket ESV or SW3which is foldable and small. Some RVs can fit them in the under storage.

We have only rented carts one other time. It was from Disney, and it certainly was more convenient (and of course expensive). The problem (besides price) is that they also go quick (especially in peak time) and may be difficult to get one of those as well.

I'd like the Fort's Cart rental better, even at the higher price, if I could pay "Day by day" as I needed it. There are some days that we don't need it really at all. Trip to the dock to catch the boat... All day at MK, and trip back. Cart sits all day. Those days, we could easily use the bus system instead and save the money. This convenience would definitely make the higher price worthwhile IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter