• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Golf Cart Rental?

CampFanatic

Fort Wilderness; since 1985!
We have three sites reserved in Fort Wilderness in April of 2015 and need to rent two golf carts. We'll be bringing our diesel pusher, but both of our children's families have rented RV's. Where is the most reasonable place to rent golf carts? We brought our own in the past, but since we need two this time.....we thought it'd be easier just to rent. Thank you! :cool1:

We have used Disney a few times, but Kenny at Tee Time is our go to guy, good rates and always a pleasure to deal with. I haven't dealt with any of the others. But, you have time to research since your trip isn't until 2015.

Richard

Have used FW golf cart rentals but last year we used tee time...half the price, no problems and great service.

We have 2 carts reserved with Kenny for October... A 4 person and a 6 person. I want to say it was 30 to 35 per night for the 4 person.

I recently had a bad experience with Central Florida Golf carts. They were nice to deal with at first, until we had problems with the cart. They started blaming us for all the problems and even though they did eventually bring another cart (which had no problems whatsoever); they would not give us either a partial refund or a credit for a future rental. The rental experience was so aggravating and that made for a bad experience with that company.:scared:

For what it's worth- we've used Kenny 2 different times, and won't use him again. In Feb of 2012 he didn't have our golf cart waiting, as he'd promised the day before. And he also didn't return his phone messages until 2 days after we arrived. So we did finally get our cart 3 days late, and then he never offered to reimburse us even though we had paid for those 3 days.

Figured we'd give him one more try for this past Christmas. We actually reserved over a year before, to be sure we'd get what we needed, which was TWO carts that time. He totally botched our reservations- had the totally wrong dates down. After ENDLESS phone calls the week before our arrival, we at least managed to get 2 carts, but then he ended up taking them 3 days early. Again- no apology whatsoever.

I've decided the aggravation of dealing with him is no longer worth it- I'd rather pay Disney's high prices than worry if we'll even have a cart. I know you read good reports about Kenny on here, but during our vacation, we also talked to a lot of people who have had bad experiences with him. I think maybe he started out as a good thing ,but his business is kind of falling apart for some reason.... Just my opinion....

I've used Kenny 3 times. It is absolutely cheaper than renting from the bike shed. The last one we got this past August was dirty, full of sand and barely had enough charge to get it back to our site. We picked it up at the cart parking by where the park buses depart from and dropped it off there when it was time to leave. I doubt it got serviced or cleaned although we did return it in better shape than when we got it. All this said I would still use him again the savings is huge and after charging the cart worked fine the rest of the trip. It also came with a rain cover so we didnt get soaked driving in the rain.

We have used Kenny many times in past. We will no longer use Kenny. Kenny may be cheaper than Disney but he is on the downslide. Disney may have higher prices but they have this little thing called reservation system which keeps track of who has reserved what carts. So my question now is would I rather have a cart for $80 a day or have a chance at a $50 a day cart. His lack of attention to the business will cost him. Too many headaches and issues to save a few bucks.

I dunno We are still going to give him a try hard to believe he went from being phenomenal to dont do business with. People are usually creatures of being good people or not. I know he is probably working within Disneys constrains of wanting people to only rent from Disney direct.

We rented from Kenny for our 12/13 trip--never again!!! I was never able to get any kind of written confirmation from him prior to our trip--but he charged my credit card very promptly about a week prior to our arrival. I was told that I would get a phone call day prior to arrange particulars--never happened. Day of check-in at cabin we headed to Epcot and never heard from him--so I left message on his phone asking about it. Finally, later that evening he called and confirmed that they had messed up but would deliver next day. I told him that we were headed to HS so let me know where it is. His message was--look for orange cart parked in lot near marina. My son and I searched through probably close to 50 carts--some of them orange--looking for a cart with the key under the battery!! I then called him again and he was very rude but told me where to find it. We then found a golf cart--not orange--with the key under the battery--but no Tee Time Logo etc. I was nervous about taking the wrong cart, so this time my son called him. His response was--"is there a key under the battery--yes--then take it. That must be the one"!!! He then had the nerve to tell my son that if I had told him we were going to HS--he would have parked it up front by main entrance!!! Grrrrrrrrr. He did offer a partial refund for our troubles--but that even took a few phone calls before it materialized. IMHO--NOT worth the aggravation!! Sorry for the long vent. :)

We just booked with Kenny for our August trip. We reserved 2 carts. I'm kinda nervous with reading the recent negative reviews on him. I talked to him today and he was telling me that Disney has been making things difficult for him in getting the carts to people. He said the carts used to stay in the campground but now the person that rents it has to be the one to drive it through the gate...not him. He said he will call me the day before and again on the day we arrive. He said we will have to meet him at the gate and either hook the trailer up to our truck and drive the carts through or we can use his truck to do it. I hope I understood him correctly. Lol. It's kinda weird but it's a huge savings for us so I'm willing to do it. I just hope he shows on time. I don't know if we have to meet him at the gate and take the trailer because we have 2 carts or if this is how it is for everyone that rents from him. He made it sound like this is something new because he said his repeat customers have never had to do it this way yet. I'm curious to hear how others are getting their carts from him in the coming weeks.

We are renting this summer from Kenny also spoke twice to him and he assured us he does his best and the same holds true about picking up the golf cart with our truck and his trailer . Don't have much to loose cause We will go without a golf cart if it meant paying Disney prices for 10 days.If it works out great if not I don't feel it's a terrible as my other option is no golf cart. If charged wrong my bank will reverse unauthorized charges. I'm taking it as don't worry be happy nothing in life is guaranteed

Kenny totally messed up our reservation. We had two carts reserved and he straight up told me we couldn't have them. The day we got there. He didn't call ahead, he never let me know, we just showed up and they were not available. Nothing I could do.

Now, that said, he eventually made it right. I demanded he refund my money plus the difference in cost between his carts and Disney's, and you know what? He did it. So, I think Kenny has a good heart. I just think he's not the best operator or organizer or something.

Final result of all of that? I'd pay Disney's higher price for the peace of mind, but thats just me. Like I said, I think Kenny has a good heart and I wish him well. He's just disorganized, and that kind of thing can really put a damper on people's expensive vacations.

To me it sounds like Kenny's business got bigger than he can handle, not anything to do with Disney.

Just completed 10 days at the fort. Our first 6 days where from Kenny. No problems when we originally booked, they called several days after making reservation (about 4 months ago). We decided to add one day about a month back and Kenny was very good about contacting me again to say he was booked up but would let me know if it opened up. Didn't get a call until our arrival day which is how I'm used to him working. We ended up adding another 3 days to our stay mainly because of the rain last week. Rented a Disney cart for 4 days. In my observation Kenny's cart was in no worse shape than Disney and neither had rain covers. It was at the Marina Parking lot which is where I left it when done. So taking this experience I will still use Kenny. I can rent a car at LAX cheaper than the Disney carts. Disney was close to running out of carts this past weekend. I think Disney is allowing the off-sites in order meet demand at busy times and would be unwise to fully stop their business at the fort.

is it possible to still rent a golf cart from Kenny? How far in advance do you need to book if possible?

Yes, Kenny is still renting golf carts. You have to go off of Disney property to pick it up and return it. If you have a hitch on your vehicle you can take the trailer and bring it back or he will let you use his truck, if you don't have a hitch.

It depends on what time of year you are going as to how far in advance to reserve. Holidays you would want to get your reservation in as soon as possible, any other time of year I would say a couple months out. I have never used Kenny, this is just what I have been told or read about on the board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter