• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Golf Cart Rental issues....

Jerem0621

Earning My Ears
We have a pretty big trip planned to the Fort over the 4th of July holiday.

We were going to tow our travel trailer down with our dually and rent a golf cart from Golf Cart Rentals Orlando.

I called today to confirm our reservation and paying our deposit.

The owner informed me that Disney has "Put their foot down" and will not allow them on property to drop off the cart.

He said that I probably would not find any third part rental companies that can deliver to the Fort now.

So I have a dilemma, either I pay 3 times as much and rent from Disney, Or I have to go outside the park to pick up the golf cart. Its no too big of a deal to go outside the park, I just hate leaving my "Disney Bubble" while on vacation.

Anybody else experienced the same problems? How did you deal with it?

Thanks!

Jeremiah

We are renting from Kenny in August...I don't have his info handy right now but search on this forum and you'll find it.

Many have had success with Kenny.
http://www.****************.com/

In late April 2012, I paid Orlando Golf Cart Rental to deliver a cart to Fort Wilderness Campground on May 18. When I made the reservation, the FAQs page on their web site said they could deliver to Fort Wilderness with no problem. I arrived on May 18 and... no cart was ever delivered. I asked the front desk at Fort Wilderness whether a cart had been delivered for me, and I was told what others have already posted -- Disney will not allow outside firms to deliver golf carts to guests. Over the next two days I called the phone number on the OGCR web site, and was sent to voice mail every time. I left message after message, asking them to call my cell phone each time, but no one ever returned my call. I have disputed the charge on my credit card. On the FAQs page of the OGCR web site, the answer regarding delivery to Fort Wilderness has now been changed to "Call Us". My advice is, DON'T USE ORLANDO GOLF CART RENTAL!

Does anyone know if there is an issue with Disney still letting Kenny @ Tee Time Golf drop off carts? I made a reservation from him in March for our upcoming trip in December.

I am making a reservation with Kenny this week for our October trip. Has anyone used him recently with no trouble from Disney?
Thanks,
Jennifer

I am making a reservation with Kenny this week for our October trip. Has anyone used him recently with no trouble from Disney?
Thanks,
Jennifer

We were at DW and the Fort from 5/5 - 5/12 and rented our cart from Kenny at Tee Time. We had absolutely no problem and he had parked our cart very close to our campsite and it was waiting for us when we got there. If DW is no longer allowing "private" cart rentals at the Fort then it has occurred in the last week.

Glad to hear you were there recently and had no issues with Kenny providing the cart. Maybe Disney just has issues with the other company mentioned. Everyone speaks so highly of renting from Kenny. I'm going to go ahead an reserve mine and hope for the best!
Jennifer

They always say that at FW and it's never a problem getting a cart from Kenny. We have, however, bought our own now. It's used but it runs great and it will save us a bundle over the long haul. Lots more trips in the future for DW!!!!!:thumbsup2 Have fun!!:cool1:

Orlando Golf Cart Rental always came in with a big truck with its name on it and their carts aslo had their name on them. So Disney got tired of this company rubbing their face in the fact they were renting cart at the fort and put a stop to it. Kenny doesn’t do that so that is why Kenny gets to stay and they boot the others. I get to the fort tomorrow and Kenny told me cart will be there.

Kenny absolutely. He treats you as if you were his only customer. Dependable and reasonably priced. He and his staff are the absolute best.:thumbsup2

Just got back - rented from Kenny from 5/11 - 5/18; absolutely the best, hands down! Prompt, courteous, golf cart was clean and we had no issues!

Holly

I use another person for cart rentals who has asked not to be mentioned , I have used 2 times before! I called yesterday to see if he is having any trouble delivering to the Fort and he says no "not yet " and advised I call a few days before delivery to make sure that hasn't changed. He is less than half what Disney charges, always prompt, clean and very professional.

Orlando Golf Cart Rental always came in with a big truck with its name on it and their carts aslo had their name on them. So Disney got tired of this company rubbing their face in the fact they were renting cart at the fort and put a stop to it. Kenny doesn’t do that so that is why Kenny gets to stay and they boot the others. I get to the fort tomorrow and Kenny told me cart will be there.

I think this is along the lines of what's happening. Disney doesn't want vendors soliciting business on their property (or appear to be by driving a truck with their name and probably telno on it). IMO they are within their right to do this.

Businesses that do their solicitation "off-property" in effect appear to be permitted and especially if all the business transactions (electronic signatures, credit card numbers, order confirmations, etc.) occur off property as well. If it's simple order fulfilment such as Garden Grocers putting food in cabins, Orlando Stroller dropping off a double-wide, or an outside cart vendor bringing your ride for your vacation, that seems to work no problem (as long as the "no solicitation" rule applies").

Just an observation.

Bama ED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter