Gold air miles collector

DaniB

DIS Veteran
Is anyone out here a gold air mile collector?

I just received my quarterly Air Miles update and it says I achieved Gold collector status. Starting in April.

It seems to be saying that I will get discounts on the reards (offers, promotions, etc.), but when I log in - I do not see a difference. Maybe in April when the gold status starts.

Will I be able to redeem "less" air miles for items then previously once the gold status starts?

I'm a Gold collector (even though I haven't taken advantage of it). When you log in at the top of the page is your status. If it says Gold then you are a gold collector. You can click the 'Gold' and it will take you to a page that shows what is offered.

It says:

Get up to 40% off reward miles for selected flights. Special savings on Package Vacations and cruises.

Exclusive limited-time Bonus Offers throughout the year - to help you earn faster.

Save up to 25% off on selected merchandise redemptions.

Right now there are flight deals for 25% off WestJet and Air Canada flights during certain dates. So I just checked out the number of air miles for a flight to MCO and the regular amount of air miles is 3925 but with the discount it would be 2943.

I've had gold status for years. There is often not really any big deal about it. Now the 25% off miles for flights is pretty darn good.

How do flights work with Air Miles? We have enough points that we could book one of us (round-trip) for free.

But I believe I read (here or the transportation board) that someone had issues with Air Miles. I believe he/she said they were put on "standby" with using their Air Miles and had not realized it when they booked the flight.

Has anyone experience booking flights with AM?

How do flights work with Air Miles? We have enough points that we could book one of us (round-trip) for free.

But I believe I read (here or the transportation board) that someone had issues with Air Miles. I believe he/she said they were put on "standby" with using their Air Miles and had not realized it when they booked the flight.

Has anyone experience booking flights with AM?

You have to 'pay' using the required number of miles and then pay OOP the taxes and fees. AM would be purchasing the seats so I highly doubt it would ever be a standby.

It would never be a standby. We're used Airmiles numerous times for flights.

Been a Gold member for many years.

We used AM for our flights to DL in 2009. We were definitely not standby. However, next time, I think we will use AM for the park tickets and try and find cheap flights. The reason I say that is for 4 flights Vancouver to LAX, it cost us about $750.00 for the "free" flights due to the taxes you have to pay. I hear you can get deals out of Seattle (or sometimes Vancouver) for around $250.00 pp so for slightly more I can buy the flights and then still have the AM for the park passes.

I've been a gold member for a number of years and the perks are usually not too significant. I have booked several flights through AM and have never had a problem. You do have to pay the taxes which can be more costly than you would think so I would check for flight specials prior to using AM.

Currently waiting for WDW passes to go on special. Why do DL passes always seem to be on special but not WDW?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter