• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Going strollerless

Our last trip was with three kids ; our youngest had just turned 4.

I actually planned to rent a stroller, but my husband really didn’t want one, amd suggested we try without. We could always rent from Disney if need be.
Well, our little guy did great! With small kids, you likely won’t being going open-close, or staying really late....

We went at his pace, and had no problems!
It was sooooo great not folding it up to get on the bus, moving it/having it moved at rides and attractions. We walked off the bus to the gates each morning, amd I didn’t have to spend 10 minutes going through security :rolleyes1

If you plan to stay late, you could always rent one for the day.

It's funny you say this I have a 8 and 11 year old we have a umbrella stroller we bought just for Disney, i bought it used McLaren on cl for 20.
It's the best buy we ever made. We use it for backpack full of snacks and Gatorade... they get really heavy. We also added a soft drink holder that holds 2 drinks.... no more of mom holds everything.

Unless you are already the kind of person who would prefer to carry their child, bring the stroller. It's just too large of a place to be exhausted and hot, with no place to sit down and crowds streaming around you.
YMMV - I still find it much more convenient to have my kid doing piggyback rides than it is to have an scene in the middle of a crowd about where we are going, and she is getting closer to 50 lbs!

Just remember if you go without it, you can always rent one from Disney if it doesn't work out. My kids were 2 and 4 last time we went and 1 and 3 the first time - the older one never used a stroller and kept up with me all day. The younger one was carried in a SSC about half the time the first trip (obviously!) but last trip we only had to carry her back to the car at the end of the day. We planned to rent a stroller but they just didn't need it. Our kids are also used to walking at least a mile a day and often 3 or 4 miles, so it's very individual.

Our last trip was with three kids ; our youngest had just turned 4.

I actually planned to rent a stroller, but my husband really didn’t want one, amd suggested we try without. We could always rent from Disney if need be.
Well, our little guy did great! With small kids, you likely won’t being going open-close, or staying really late....

We went at his pace, and had no problems!
It was sooooo great not folding it up to get on the bus, moving it/having it moved at rides and attractions. We walked off the bus to the gates each morning, amd I didn’t have to spend 10 minutes going through security :rolleyes1

If you plan to stay late, you could always rent one for the day.
I think your plan was sensible. You chose to allow your youngest to stretch his wings with a back up plan in case he couldn't hack it .Once you don't have to bring a ton of diapers and such into the park - why not move into the next growing phase and stop bringing everything but the kitchen sink into the parks?

Works for my mindset :cool:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter