Go at Halloween or at Christmas?

Mrsbird1129

Mouseketeer
Thinking of taking my two girls down for either Halloween or Christmas, but I’m not sure which is better. Opinions? We’d do the parties. Daughters will be 9 and 6.

Both if you can have the girls out of school for a little over a week. Arrival 10/31 for last Halloween party (Wed) and stay until 11/9 (Sat) for first Christmas party. The first Christmas party is 11/8. Which holiday do you like best? If trick or treating is iffy safety-wise in your neighborhood or if weather and crowds are a consideration again Halloween would be better than Christmas.

It all depends on what holiday you'd enjoy more; I'm a Halloween girl through and through, so I LOVED Halloween in WDW. But there are others who live and breathe Christmas, so they'd tell you something different.

Both if you can have the girls out of school for a little over a week. Arrival 10/31 for last Halloween party (Wed) and stay until 11/9 (Sat) for first Christmas party. The first Christmas party is 11/8. Which holiday do you like best? If trick or treating is iffy safety-wise in your neighborhood or if weather and crowds are a consideration again Halloween would be better than Christmas.

Although the first Xmas party is early November, does that mean that the parks and resorts are fully decorated for Christmas? I would think if you want the full effect of Christmas, you want all the decorations with it.

Although the first Xmas party is early November, does that mean that the parks and resorts are fully decorated for Christmas? I would think if you want the full effect of Christmas, you want all the decorations with it.
I saw on someone’s trip that posted the day after Halloween they had up decorations.

Unfortunately I can’t do a whole week during school. I wish!

Thinking of taking my two girls down for either Halloween or Christmas, but I’m not sure which is better. Opinions? We’d do the parties. Daughters will be 9 and 6.
I would do the Halloween. Tricker or treat is fun at the parks the begging of the parade is a cant miss. And the fireworks are really good ( both party the fireworks are really good)

I saw on someone’s trip that posted the day after Halloween they had up decorations.

MK will have Christmas decorations up the day following the last Halloween party (they literally transform from Halloween to Christmas overnight). The other parks, though, will not typically have Christmas decorations up until later in November.

OP, it really comes down to which holiday you prefer. If you go during Halloween time there will also be F&W at Epcot. But during Christmas time you'll get full decorations at the parks and resorts, Candlelight Processional at Epcot, etc.

Unfortunately I can’t do a whole week during school. I wish!

This Oct will be our 3rd time during Halloween. We love it! It’s still very much pool weather but not sweltering. Plus, we have a Fall break that we can utilize so the kids only miss a couple days of school.

This Oct will be our 3rd time during Halloween. We love it! It’s still very much pool weather but not sweltering. Plus, we have a Fall break that we can utilize so the kids only miss a couple days of school.
I wish I knew the school schedule for next year!

Been to both - Prefer the Halloween Party over MVMCP - better parade - better fireworks - love seeing everyone’s costumes!

We've been to both parties twice and prefer MNSSHP for the same reasons as PP - parade, fireworks, and costumes. My girls are the same age as yours and think the trick or treating is amazing!

However, I love the Christmas decor in all the parks and the Candlelight Processional at EP.

We went at Christmas the last two years, Halloween the year before that and will be returning for Halloween this year. As others have said, it really comes down to which season you prefer.

Do both and call it a day. :D

I would recommend with little ones to do the MNSSHP because there is more to do in my opinion at that party then MVMCP. They are both still fun but MVMCP to me is more about the look of the park then anything. With MNSSHP you have special characters you can meet, you can go Trick-or-Treating, the shows are all awesome not to mention you get to dress up! You don't get all of that with MVMCP but its still fun to go because of the parades, special treats and how characters are dressed up (and its purdy). But again thats up to you.

My girls are 7 and 11. By Thanksgiving everything in the resorts and Parks has been put up for Christmas. That first week, you'll get Magic Kingdom. Everything else goes up once that park is ready for the first party, so if you want to see the gingerbread house at GF and the Sunset Seasons shows and "snow" at studios, you'll need to go closer to, or after Thanksgiving.

We did the week after Thanksgiving last year, and now I can't imagine going another time of year. We love love love everything Christmas. Disney is always magical, but during the Christmas season, it's a whole 'nother level.

Now, with all of that said, one day I want to do the October 31 - First Christmas Party. A trip where one night we are celebrating Halloween, then the next morning wearing a Santa hat and Christmas ears in front of a Christmas tree. Life goal.

Surprised your district doesn’t have it posted already. Unless you do a private school and hey don’t have it out yet.

Edit: didn’t see Momo’s Post
Private school. I called and they don’t have it available yet. Hoping to catch a long weekend somewhere.

Private school. I called and they don’t have it available yet. Hoping to catch a long weekend somewhere.

Is the school really going to throw a tantrum if you take your kids out for a few days? Nothing their school is going to teach that week in elementary school will be as impact or important as a week with family at Disney World. Do what's best for you and your family. It's pretty terrible if the school would be upset b/c you are giving your kids an amazing and memorable experience.

Is the school really going to throw a tantrum if you take your kids out for a few days? Nothing their school is going to teach that week in elementary school will be as impact or important as a week with family at Disney World. Do what's best for you and your family. It's pretty terrible if the school would be upset b/c you are giving your kids an amazing and memorable experience.
No, but my second grader is behind this year and struggles with her adhd. I don’t want her to get too far behind next year because of time off. I’m willing to do a couple days of missed school, but hoping for a long weekend to extend the trip! :)

For the full Christmas effect, don't arrive until around the week of Thanksgiving. That is when the resorts and parks are in full swing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter