Glamping or Camping??

Glamping or Camping??

• Camping

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Glamping

Votes: 30 76.9%

• Total voters
Hopefully the OP can come back and give a little more background.

I'm not sure how a discussion of camping vs glamping quickly turned into a preferred vehicle manufacturer, but last year I would have said FFTW (Ford For The Win). Now it is still FFTW, but it is Freightliner For The Win. :duck:

So you aren't ALWAYS roughing it.
Now days, roughing it is when there are too many trees for a good satellite signal. :lmao:

j

Last edited:

I think if I was looking into a dually I would have to give a hard look at an M2. We had 2 of them and 6 FL60's at work. Way more durable and easier to repair than any of the big 3's 1 tons.

Another one who needs more info. from the OP. We have a fifth wheel which does have a fireplace. I my younger days, my family used to go camping in a two room tent. We kids slept in sleeping bags on the "floor" in one room and my parents had cots in their room. All the cooking was done outside on the fire although in the later years Daddy did have a fancy dancy gas burner stove thingy. No electricity at all since back in the day you could throw up a tent anywhere, didn't have to be in a campground. Washed the dishes in the river usually (as well as other things).

Now, we take the RV everywhere and we call it camping. We don't boondock and we don't use the campsite facilities. By jingo we paid a lot of money for that rolling hotel and we use our own toilet and shower, cook in it (although hubby does most of the heavy cooking outside on the grill). We have internet via hubby's Verizon thingy and get Youtube TV as long as we have cell service. My idea of roughing it is no sewer hook up and maybe only 30 amp instead of 50 amp so we can only run one AC.

Our bed is not comfy enough to be considered glamping IMO, but we also have AC...so it really depends on a final definition of glamping. I have friends that say in a tent but have a blow up sofa they bring with them. That is pretty glam.

I say we CAMP- we stay outside until bed time and the kids get as dirty as they can. I actually am trying to stay in the SMALLEST camper possible so our kids have no choice but to stay outside...

BUT Even when my hubby and I went primitive camping, we had an air mattress, a coleman stove, lantern, and water jugs that we brought in on bikes haha.

It all seems to depend on perspective. Our truck camper feels like glamping compared to our previous roof top tent. But compared to an RV we are definitely camping. So, both?

OK, after some thought I've decided that 'camping' is when you set up your own camp, be it backing in a 50 ft behemoth or a 30 ft travel trailer, or setting up a pop up or a pup-tent and then setting up all your paraphernalia. If it's do it yourself, that's 'camping'. 'Glamping' is when someone else does it for you, be it a 'static' airstream, a yurt, or a Bedouin-style tent. If you walk right into it and 'camp', that's Glamping.

I camp.

<Bangs Gavel> "Thank you. That is all!!"

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter