Glamping or Camping??

Glamping or Camping??

• Camping

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Glamping

Votes: 30 76.9%

• Total voters
Having no idea what you were asking I googled glamping.

glamp·ing /ˈɡlampiNG/ noun
a form of camping involving accommodation and facilities more luxurious than those associated with traditional camping.

The facilities are very nice at the Fort. I guess that makes it glamping since it is more luxurious than other places?

I guess we glamp because our Class A has more built-in amenities than a pop-up or tent. Just my thought by definition but I say we're going camping not glamping lol

I've done both glamping (Anegada Beach Club) and then camping around different places in New England. They certainly are different experiences, but they can be equally fun, it's all in perspective.

Well, to me 'Glamping' is in a fancy-schmancy tent on a wooden platform with foo-foo shi-shi 'decor'. But usually no bathroom.

'Camping' includes RVs with bathrooms.

So camping, hands down
You wouldn't like my 1960s noma party lights then........
I tried linking to Oprah's camping experience. Thats more like camping and I give them credit for doing it, even with all the help around. She explains it best at the end, im not cooking, all the other people are cooking simple stuff, can't we just eat cereal. Lol.

RV'ing...

It's hard to call this "camping".

Yes but I have to admit that I didn't understand the limited info in the OP/Poll.

@Teamubr, you pull that combo EVERYWHERE you go now.

Is the OP referring to the Fort being a Glamping (glamorous camping) local?

Is the OP referring to the fact that we may rough in Corp Of Engineers campgrounds but we enjoy camping at the Fort?

Is the OP referring to the fact that everyone (EVEN Tent campers) have a luxurious stay at the Fort? Sleepin on the ground ain't no fun, son. :sad2:

Is the OP referring to the fact that when we camp anywhere else it may (or be not be) "roughing it" but the Fort rocks are somehow softer?

It was a quick hit (short post) with limited info. Happy to play along if the OP would give ANY explanation about what it means.

Me

PS - me? I've got over a year's worth of nights in my popup with DW and family and another whole other year with the Boy Scouts worth of tent nights and backpacking over 10,000 feet in elevation and other prep trips sleeping on the ground (I'm an expert (IMO) about sleepin on the ground).

We went “Glamping“ last August in South Dakota. This place is called Under Canvas, and stayed for 7 nights in the Stargazer tent. It was lots and lots of fun. We explored, went lots of UTVIng in the Hills. I know this company is at several National Parks. We had a propane coffeemaker, and enjoyed such on our outside platform. check it out, a bit pricey, but we had a full bathroom.

When I was a kid we had 6 people to a small popup. We also had pup tents. When we first got married we slept in the back of my S10. Nowadays we have hot showers, microwaves and flat screen tv's. Hard to say what it should be called but i know for sure my days of sleeping in an S10 are for sure behind me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter