GKTW Event: 4th annual NE Dis Meet to benifit GKTW - Oct 3-5, 2014

Little ones are more than welcome. We are thinking about offering some sort of Babysitting in one of the hotel rooms if that is something you are interested it. Either way, There will be things for them to do and other little ones there!! Please join us!!

Great! Thanks so much!

We weren't planning on going to this one, but after the fantastic time we had in Hershey, we really want to try to swing it! I know it says we can only pick one event to go to on Saturday, but we are very torn between the Ren Faire and the historic walking tour. As long as we are back at the hotel by 1:30 for the pm walking tour, would we be able to do that as well as long as we pay for both events?

Of course, but I would do it the other way around. Do the walking tour in the morning then head over to the Renaissance fair. You can have lunch there and enjoy the afternoon. Bowling doesn't start till 730 so you should have plenty of time. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Of course, but I would do it the other way around. Do the walking tour in the morning then head over to the Renaissance fair. You can have lunch there and enjoy the afternoon. Bowling doesn't start till 730 so you should have plenty of time. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Great idea! Thank you! I really hope we can make it up there.

I REALLY want to go for the full event, but I would be coming solo and it would be my first Dis Meet - those combined factors make it a teensy bit intimidating... Can anyone who has gone solo tell me what his/her experience has been like? Is anyone going to this one solo? I'm no wallflower, and I am sure everyone will be super friendly, but I just want to get a better idea of how it will be to attend the full weekend alone.

We have people come to these meets solo all the time. Once you are there you won't feel solo at all. It's a very friendly group and we all share a common love for Disney and helping people.

I REALLY want to go for the full event, but I would be coming solo and it would be my first Dis Meet - those combined factors make it a teensy bit intimidating... Can anyone who has gone solo tell me what his/her experience has been like? Is anyone going to this one solo? I'm no wallflower, and I am sure everyone will be super friendly, but I just want to get a better idea of how it will be to attend the full weekend alone.
Oh Maggie,
I went to the welcome dinner last year solo. Did not know anyone there personally. I made my way to a mostly empty table. Asked those there if the seats were taken. They said nope so I plopped myself down and made small talk. A few minutes later a couple of dudes sat next to me. I was sitting with family of one of them. The dude two seats to my right was named Dustin. The gentleman immediately to my right was named Pete

I felt very tiny about then...but it was fine they were polite and engaged in conversation

Maggie, Maggie -

This bunch. Well, you might come alone, but after a couple minutes, you'll not feel alone.

I've been to events solo, with DH, with DD. This time, I'm trying to talk mom into coming. Even with non-verbal DS in wheelchair, I've never felt out of place.

I echo what the others have said - you won't feel lonely at all. Such a warm, welcoming group of people, these DIS folks are :goodvibes

Registered and can't wait! :thumbsup2

Little ones are more than welcome. We are thinking about offering some sort of Babysitting in one of the hotel rooms if that is something you are interested it. Either way, There will be things for them to do and other little ones there!! Please join us!!

How much schmoozing should we expect vs. organized discussions/activities, specifically during Friday night dinner? Trying to decide if the babies will endure a late-ish night! We're in western MA (Northampton area) and would probably drive back home afterwards.

We have a plan for folks in the same situation. We are going to team you up with a buddy who you has been to these events in the past. Then you don't have to worry about where to sit (Ask HubbDave about being solo and looking for a seat last year). They can also introduce you to a few other folks. While I am sure you will not be attached at the hip, it may make walking into a crowded room of strangers a little easier.

How much schmoozing should we expect vs. organized discussions/activities, specifically during Friday night dinner? Trying to decide if the babies will endure a late-ish night! We're in western MA (Northampton area) and would probably drive back home afterwards.
We are planning dinner and a few games. There will also be a few raffles, the silent auctions will be open and a 50/50 raffle. Our goal is to give people enough time to catch up with old and new friends but also not have them be bored. We have what we hope to be a few good laughs in store too. :joker::joker::joker::joker:

Just called the hotel and extended the stay till Monday. Anyone else staying later?

Just called the hotel and extended the stay till Monday. Anyone else staying later?

Our hotel reservation is 'til Monday, too.
It's a long drive. Starting at 3 PM? I don't think so. Much rather start fresh first thing in AM.

Just to temper expectations here, for those that are going to see Plymouth Rock.

Its not that big

Just to temper expectations here, for those that are going to see Plymouth Rock.

Its not that big

I'll save myself the disappointment and do the winery/brewery tour instead, then (as if I wasn't already going to choose that option :rotfl: :drinking1)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter