• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GKTW Event: 3rd annual NE Meet for GKTW

Is Logan the closest airport to the event?

Sorry, I am geographically impaired. :lmao:

Logan is about 75 minutes to Leominster, but other airports are TF Green in Providence about 90 minutes away, and Bradley in Hartford, about 1 hour, 45 minutes. So, if you can get a much cheaper flight at one of the others, it's not a huge driving/time difference :thumbsup2

Don't forget Manchester New Hampshire. That's about an hour away as well and very easy to fly in and out of. You can get great southwest flight deals!

So glad you're thinking about coming!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

MHT is probably the easiest to drive in and out of, then PVD.
Too bad JetBlue wont fly into ORH (Worcester) until November. That will be sweet.

Where are people staying? There is a Holiday Inn in Fitchburg (near Wachusett) that has an attached CoCo Key waterpark.
Obviously the Devens place gets priority.

Forgot all about Manchester!

And it will be so nice when you can get to MCO from Worcester!!!

Only about 20 mini golf spots left. We just learned there will be a chance to bid on minigolf with a podcaster as well!!

Who Do you want to minigolf with?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We should see if Kevin will play minigolf if we can raise a certain amount of money...
$100 per hole?

Thank you posting the time of the live podcast taping. Now I just need to convince the wife that a trip to MA is a great idea.

What a great idea to bid for an opportunity to mini golf with a podcast member! Another bid opportunity could be reading a rapid fire during the NE podcast taping. What would be your bid? I start at $500.

I think there should be bidding on having Theresa leaving an answering machine/voice mail message...a la Carl Castle on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me...

Thank you posting the time of the live podcast taping. Now I just need to convince the wife that a trip to MA is a great idea.

I'm loosing the battle with my DH to go so I may end up solo for Sunday
How can I not go when they will be so close!

I think there should be bidding on having Theresa leaving an answering machine/voice mail message...a la Carl Castle on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me...

Great Idea! I love Carl Castle... what a great show!
Funny these are the two shows I listen to all the time
the DIS Podcast and NPR's Wait Wait don't tell me.

Hey Kevin are you a fan of Wait Wait?
I think it would be right up your ally!

Hey Kevin are you a fan of Wait Wait?
I think it would be right up your ally!

Believe it or not, I don't listen to any podcasts, including ours.

I think there are a couple of reasons.

I dont commute. As we work from home, I dont have that commute time to fill. If I still had a 45 minute drive each way, I'm sure I'd be a fan of something.

Because we work from home, John or I are always working. I may stop for a while, but I would rather pick up my Kindle. While I'm working, John may stop, but his entertainment usually involves zombies or robots.

This is probably more than you wanted to know.;)

We should see if Kevin will play minigolf if we can raise a certain amount of money...
$100 per hole?

I am disdainful of mini-golf.

I am much better at slander and innuendo.

Are you sure you want to arm me with a club that early in the morning?

Is Devens what used to be Fort Devens? It will be like going home.

Yes Fort Devens was closed and renamed Devens.

if you lived there than you served our country, if not than you were family members to someone who did.

THANK YOU for serving and protecting "US".

We were stationed there twice. My youngest sister was born in Ayer. :) My dad was in the Army.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter