Girls Trip Take 2 - Labor Day Weekend 2021 and Christmas 2021 Trip

Here's a picture of the Dancing Minnie on my tree this past year. I know it's tiny but it there, I promise.

1712981047751.png
It was time to say goodbye to DHS. I seem to always get a photo of the Crossroads as we leave each trip.
1712981123665.png
We were finished with Studios but we weren't done for the night. Can you guess where we were headed next?
Here's a hint.
1712981184940.png

Up next will be how we spent the rest of our night.

we were headed to the 12:30 Frozen Sing-Along.
I have never seen this show. I travel with older boys. Enough said :rotfl:
it was time to use our LL for Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railroad.
I really enjoy this ride
but I will always miss The Great Movie Ride.
Me too.
Does anyone else have the song stuck in your head? "Nothing can stop us now"
Well I didn’t but …. I do now :rotfl:
Every time I go through GE I see something different.
Such an amazing, immersive area. Job well done Disney 👍
We stopped so I could get one of my favorite snacks in GE, the Ronto Wrap.
So many people recommend this it’s on my must try list for a future trip
I have no interest in being one of the pilots.
I was a pilot once and I was a disaster 😜. Thankfully it was in early entry and only my boys and I were in there. Next time I’ll be anything but a pilot for everyone’s sake :rotfl:
After we finished our ride Danielle had to leave. She was working a shift in Epcot that night.
A girl gotta earn her keep but I bet you all wished she didn’t have to go.
I had to stop for photos of some of the 50th statues.
You certainly captured some great photos of the statues throughout the parks. I love your Christmas decor photos too.
Here's a picture of the Dancing Minnie on my tree
It’s gorgeous. Very cute.
Can you guess where we were headed next?
Did you go to Epcot to see Danielle at work?

It's just as entertaining as the original show. The Historians really do make the show.
Honestly, the Historians ARE the show.
This is a really cute ride and had really grown on me but I will always miss The Great Movie Ride.
I miss the Great Movie Ride too. I always loved the scenes from Wizard of Oz.
I not a big fan of the Millennium Falcon since I have motion sickness issues but I do okay as long as I'm kept busy pushing buttons. I have no interest in being one of the pilots. The line is pretty interesting and we actually saw Chewbacca and Vi Moradi. I think they were repairing the Falcon.
I don't mind the MF once in a while but it makes me a bit queasy as well.
I think these dancing Minnies are one of my favorites. They were Red before but since the parks were celebrating the 50th they made them Gold. I'll have to go back and look but I think they may still be Gold. I just checked and they were still Gold this past December. I remember them being Red on our first Christmas trip in 2019. I did buy myself the cutest Christmas ornament of a Red one and the arms and legs move when you pull the string.
Those are so cute! I have never noticed them. Where are they located?
We were finished with Studios but we weren't done for the night. Can you guess where we were headed next?
Over to Caribbean Beach for dinner?

Frozen Sing-Along. Since it was Christmas time the show was the Holiday version. It's just as entertaining as the original show.
I'll have to keep that in mind. Well... I'd probably do the sing along regardless... but now I'll make sure it's a priority. :)
The Big Surprise is that Olaf shows up in the Christmas show
Ah!
but sadly still no Sven.
:lmao:
I will always miss The Great Movie Ride.
::yes::
Does anyone else have the song stuck in your head? "Nothing can stop us now"
I do now! :laughing:
Every time I go through GE I see something different. It really is a very detailed area.
They've done such a good job there.
We stopped so I could get one of my favorite snacks in GE, the Ronto Wrap. It may not be pretty but it sure taste good to me.
It's beautiful. Soooo yummy.
I not a big fan of the Millennium Falcon since I have motion sickness issues
Yeah, that'd be tough, for sure.
but I do okay as long as I'm kept busy pushing buttons.
Interesting. Because you're not looking at the screen, maybe?
we actually saw Chewbacca and Vi Moradi. I think they were repairing the Falcon.
And you still flew it? You is brave.
some of the 50th statues.
Those are great!
I think these dancing Minnies are one of my favorites.
Do they move? They look like the legs might move.
Here's a picture of the Dancing Minnie on my tree this past year. I know it's tiny but it there, I promise.
Took me a while!
I seem to always get a photo of the Crossroads as we leave each trip.
It's a bit of an eye grabber, isn't it?
Here's a hint.
Sea World!

We made a special stop in Monster's Inc. This was a treat spot but also a place to sit down and cool off. There was a running show going on with the Monster's interacting with the guests for laughs. I did get called out for my Boo costume. It was all great fun.
I am almost caught up! Was the Monster's show the same one they usually do or was it special for this event? I love that show, glad you got called out for your Boo costume!
She was ready for some one on one time with her Mom. She did a great job showing us all around but was ready to just have her Mom.
I love the mother-daughter time!
Our dinner was going to be Festival Food. I know I sound so cheap but I'm going to save at Disney whenever I can. It cost a lot to go to Disney more that once a year.
Not cheap at all - when we eat festival food we're never hungry for a real sit-down meal, it can be really filling to try items from multiple booths!

Can't wait to hear about your upcoming F&G trip!!

I have never seen this show. I travel with older boys. Enough said :rotfl:

I hope you make here with your Grandkids. I know you would enjoy it with them. Kids love Frozen and the adults love the humor in here.

Something else we have in common.

Well I didn’t but …. I do now :rotfl:

You're very welcome!

So many people recommend this it’s on my must try list for a future trip

I hope you get to try it.

I was a pilot once and I was a disaster 😜. Thankfully it was in early entry and only my boys and I were in there. Next time I’ll be anything but a pilot for everyone’s sake :rotfl:

This is what I'm worried about along with the screen messing with me.

You certainly captured some great photos of the statues throughout the parks. I love your Christmas decor photos too.

Thank you! There is just so much to photograph in this park.

It’s gorgeous. Very cute.

Thank you!

Did you go to Epcot to see Danielle at work?

That's a Really Good guess.

Honestly, the Historians ARE the show.

I totally agree.

I miss the Great Movie Ride too. I always loved the scenes from Wizard of Oz.

I miss all the old Movie nostalgia. So many of the movies hit me in the feels.

I don't mind the MF once in a while but it makes me a bit queasy as well.

I can only do it every once in awhile too. I think I've done it a total of 2 times.

Those are so cute! I have never noticed them. Where are they located?

The are in the windows on Hollywood Blvd in he window.

1713064837529.png

This was in 2019 and it was in the window of Celebrity 5 & 10. I went back and looked at my photos and they were all from the same window.

Over to Caribbean Beach for dinner?

That's a great idea.

Last edited:

I'll have to keep that in mind. Well... I'd probably do the sing along regardless... but now I'll make sure it's a priority. :)

I hope you make it there for the Holiday Season.

I do now! :laughing:

You're welcome!

It's beautiful. Soooo yummy.

Another Ronto Wrap fan!

Interesting. Because you're not looking at the screen, maybe?

I think that and the fact that my mind is kept busy on something else.

Do they move? They look like the legs might move.

I don't think so. My ornament does.

Took me a while!

Lot going on in that photo.

Sea World!

That might be a stretch.

I am almost caught up! Was the Monster's show the same one they usually do or was it special for this event? I love that show, glad you got called out for your Boo costume!

Thanks for sticking with me.

It's not really a show at all. The Monster's interact with the guests who come in and sit for a bit, very impromptu.

I love the mother-daughter time!

Me too!

Not cheap at all - when we eat festival food we're never hungry for a real sit-down meal, it can be really filling to try items from multiple booths!

It's very easy to get filled up on festival food after a few booths. I'm looking forward to sharing dishes.

Can't wait to hear about your upcoming F&G trip!!

I can't wait to get there. Only 4 more sleeps.

I remember the red Minnie ornaments, maybe they will be back this year!
I love the Ronto Roaster!
I hope you went to Bar Riva at The Riviera 😍

If I had my way I would start with MK and end with MK.
I am finally all caught up! Woohoo! It's fun to be able to "binge" a trip report :) I agree the best way to start and end a trip is MK. It doesn't usually work out that way for us, but I do try to at least end with MK when we can.
When we made it to Casey we had to stop to listen to the Corner Pianist.
Is that Grayson? I can't tell, but have been watching videos of him on TikTok, he is amazing! We didn't see a pianist live on our last trip.
Since we needed to walk off our meal to make room for the Dessert Party we headed to Swiss Family Robinson. This is another attraction that we only do every other trip or so but still have fond memories. I really do like the movie too. I love how inventive they got to make things work for them and how it's displayed in the attraction. If you've never done this attraction you need to do it once. The views from the top are beautiful and make for lovely photos.
We've still never done Swiss Family Robinson but those views do look awesome!
We did enjoy the show but we did have a view obstructed by some lights.
That's a bummer that the dessert party came with an obstructed view, I'm a little surprised by that. But nice to have your own space and it sounds like the desserts and drinks were just a bonus!
We were in the perfect place to catch the first Beauty & the Beast performance. This was the Covid edition so everyone had to stay at least 6 feet apart from each other.
It's interesting to read about how they managed through Covid, but great that they figured out how to bring back this show.

I am finally all caught up! Woohoo! It's fun to be able to "binge" a trip repor

I agree. I like binging too.

I agree the best way to start and end a trip is MK. It doesn't usually work out that way for us, but I do try to at least end with MK when we can.

If I had my way I would always start and end in the MK. I usually get out voted.

Is that Grayson? I can't tell, but have been watching videos of him on TikTok, he is amazing! We didn't see a pianist live on our last trip.

I'll have to ask Danielle. I think she's a Grayson fan.

We've still never done Swiss Family Robinson but those views do look awesome!

Try to make time for it next trip. I think your girls would like it.

It's interesting to read about how they managed through Covid, but great that they figured out how to bring back this show.

We were very happy to see it back, but even more happy when it went totally back to normal.

The Frozen Sing Along is EXCELLENT. I’m so excited to bring my girls to that show so we can sing along!

I’m also VERY excited to see Galaxy’s Edge - it looks incredible. Your Ronto Wrap looks very tasty - I hope I can eke out the stomach room to try one. :p

Love your dancing Minnie ornament, as well as your other ornaments!

The Frozen Sing Along is EXCELLENT. I’m so excited to bring my girls to that show so we can sing along!

They are going to love it, I'm so excited for y'all!

I’m also VERY excited to see Galaxy’s Edge - it looks incredible. Your Ronto Wrap looks very tasty - I hope I can eke out the stomach room to try one. :p

Disney has so many foods and none of us have enough room for them all.
Love your dancing Minnie ornament, as well as your other ornaments!

Thank you! I don't have a coordinated tree, it's a memory tree. I enjoy reliving the memories as I put the ornaments on the tree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter