Girls Trip Take 2 - Labor Day Weekend 2021 and Christmas 2021 Trip

All joking aside, when you sign up for the College Program you sign up to do the jobs that Disney needs you to do. Lots of young adults get great jobs with Disney but lots also get the not so great ones. You're doing the program to learn from one of the best customer service programs and you're going there to work, not just have fun. You also have the opportunity to work you way up. Most CMs don't start with the job they want but if they stick it out they can end up with the job they want.
How long did Danielle work at this location / how many jobs has she moved around to? Was she always at the same location for a particular assignment? It's great that they offer the ability to move around.
We waiting about 25 minutes to ride but sadly our ride photo did not come out. I'm guessing someone didn't have their mask on. Disney was deleting ride photos if everyone didn't have their masks on back then.
I didn't know that! That's really interesting. I'm sure that was difficult to enforce at the time.
We made our way back to the beginning of WS and picked a spot to watch Epcot Forever. Danielle had been raving about it. She loved it for all the nostalgia of the old Epcot attractions. She also heard it every night while working so she knew it by heart.
That sounds like a major perk for her role!
We were still under COVID protocols so the tables were spaced apart. The character were there but not allowed to take photos with us, they stood behind us and at a distance.
It's so interesting to be reading about the Covid protocols. We went in June 2022 but I don't think any protocols were in place by then, just a lot of things not fully back yet. How did the enforce this? I can imagine it was difficult to keep kids from running up to the characters when they're that close.
I had the Fruit Plate with Honey Yogurt, Seed Granola & Toasted Sunflower Butter. I added a side of waffles.
I miss when Topolino's let you order a side dish! That is a beautiful plate.

Still behind but I am getting there :) I'm enjoying all the pictures! We stayed at Wyndham in 2022 and also really liked it, with the exception of lack of transportation. We had our car so we drove each day, but it's just not the same as staying in the Disney bubble.

I enjoyed the Wyndham too. We drove to the parks too and you're right it's just not the same as the bubble. It looks like we'll be staying at the Hilton in that same area in July.

WL is my favorite! I'll get there, but did you get to check out the train room? I would love to stay there again some day.

We didn't make it to the train room. We walked right by the entrance to Boulder Ridge and then said we would do it another day, but sadly never did.

Yes! We were coming from TX when we were trying to out-run Imelda.

Darn those hurricanes.

How long did Danielle work at this location / how many jobs has she moved around to? Was she always at the same location for a particular assignment? It's great that they offer the ability to move around.

Danielle started as a hostess/seater at CRT for her first CP in Jan 2020. She was sent home with everyone else when the parks closed in March 2020. She really enjoyed her role and was devastated when she was sent home.

She worked Epcot Festivals when she went back in June 2021. She worked at the many different food Outdoor kitchens. She really did not like this at first but grew to love it. She took some initiative and asked to be trained as a stocker. These are the people pushing the big carts around. The don't stock the food but the ice, drinks and all the other stuff including the beer. Cast Members that work in culinary stock the food. She worked certain zones (outdoor kitchen areas) and really loved it. She had a fabulous tan and had muscles for the first time in her life. She did this June 2021 until the beginning of January 2022. She started her Professional Internship in Hospitality/Food & Beverage when her CP ended. She was assigned Backlot Express. When her PI ended they offered her a salaried leader position in June 2022 and has been there ever since. The normal PI is one year but Disney really needed more leaders so her PI was much shorter. She doesn't enjoy working in food service. She works a 50+ work schedule while most of her friends are still hourly CMs and work much less hours and have the flexibility to add, drop or swap shifts. She would love to move into something else but has not had any luck yet. It's really hard to move to another line of business once your in food & beverage.

I didn't know that! That's really interesting. I'm sure that was difficult to enforce at the time.

Lots of signs and gentle reminders. The only time I really saw force used was one night when we were headed back to a resort on the skyliner from Epcot and a security guard was walking a very long line telling people to put their masks on.

That sounds like a major perk for her role!

She loved it!

It's so interesting to be reading about the Covid protocols. We went in June 2022 but I don't think any protocols were in place by then, just a lot of things not fully back yet. How did the enforce this? I can imagine it was difficult to keep kids from running up to the characters when they're that close.

I don't remember seeing any child trying to run up to the characters but I'm sure it happened.

I miss when Topolino's let you order a side dish! That is a beautiful plate.

Me too. It doesn't seem like such a good value anymore.

Monday, November 29, 2021-Disney Hollywood Studios-I'm here for the Christmas Decorations.

DHS was our park day of choice for today. The park was open 9-9 with early entry at 8:30 am. We didn't have any ADRs for this day. Danielle had a night shift as a stocker this day so she had to leave us part way through the day. Fantasmic wasn't back yet so there was no need to stay until close.

We were walking in right after 8 am, so we were doing good.
1712530824677.png
We headed straight for ROTR but I did grab a quick Christmas decoration photo, with lots more to come later. DHS has the BEST Christmas decorations.
1712530918004.png

We did this selfie in line for ROTR at 8:16 am.
1712530973328.png

We were in the room with BB8 @ 8:37. Not a bad wait at all.

1712531034521.png

1712531061868.png

1712531132892.png

1712531158781.png

It was a great ride and the perfect ride to start our day.

We saw Rey in GE as we made our way to Midway Mania. I think we had a LL for TSMM. I think we missed out on a SDD LL.

1712531229918.png

TSMM was also a great ride. Danielle smoked us but I didn't get a photo of the scores.
1712531325732.png

1712531357638.png

More in next post.

After TSMM we checked times and the wait for RRC wasn't too bad. The wait for TOT wasn't bad either but RRC won out. I don't ride RRC anymore, the upside down portion really messes with my equilibrium. Dennis and Danielle got in line for RCC while I took more photos of the decorations and my first 50s statue of the day, Joe Gardner. I also grabbed some breakfast at the Trolley Car Café.

1712531771931.png

1712531792630.png

1712531813667.png
1712531840697.png
1712531868600.png

Breakfast was a Bacon & Gouda Ciabatta sandwich, Butter Croissant and an Iced Green Tea.

1712531990797.png

Dennis & Danielle finished riding while I was eating.

1712532139279.png

Please excuse Dennis' peeking nose, he was having too much fun.

The line for TOT was too long by now so we didn't ride. This made me very sad since it's my favorite thrill ride. Dennis and Danielle were hungry but didn't want breakfast and luckily it was a little after 10:30 by now. Dennis got a foot long chili cheese dog meal, Danielle got a bacon cheese burger meal and we all shared the 50th anniversary tart. The tart was really good and so cute. They got all these from the Sunshine Ranch Market Area.

1712532380839.png

1712532488448.png

More to come. . .

The cutest tart.
1712532706972.png

We were in the perfect place to catch the first Beauty & the Beast performance. This was the Covid edition so everyone had to stay at least 6 feet apart from each other. The number of CM performers on the stage was very limited. It was really different but we were just happy it was back. I think it also made it easier to get photos of the main characters since the other performers weren't moving in and out.

1712532844665.png
1712532865031.png
1712532895090.png
Dennis loves the Frozen show so we started making our way to catch the 12:30 show. We had a little time so I took more decoration photos and we got some photo pass photos by the Christmas Tree.
1712533072187.png
1712533094295.png
1712533111384.png

Have you ever seen this?

1712533138918.png
1712533209181.png
1712533239395.png

This would be a really great photo if the PP person hadn't gotten a thumb or something in the top corner.

I do love the dessert parties - it will be interesting to try the post-party next month! I agree that most of the draw is the good view without tons of waiting - the desserts are a bonus. I never had a chance to try the savory options (my last dessert party was in 2016), but I wish they still offered them.

Your HS day was off to a great start! I’m with you on ToT over RNRC - I’m sorry you didn’t get a chance to ride Tower of Terror. It’s my favorite ride in Disney World - we’ll see if that changes after our trip! Rise of the Resistance looks amazing and it’s great you had a short wait. I’ve seen BatB a few times at the Studios and was planning to skip it this time for other things… until my older daughter saw they had the show. I guess we’ll be seeing Beauty and the Beast! :laughing:

That is a great Photopass picture!

I do love the dessert parties - it will be interesting to try the post-party next month! I agree that most of the draw is the good view without tons of waiting - the desserts are a bonus. I never had a chance to try the savory options (my last dessert party was in 2016), but I wish they still offered them.

I missed out on the savory options too. Since you're doing the post party get to the viewing area early and stake out your spot. Make sure your girls have lots of room to move around.

Your HS day was off to a great start! I’m with you on ToT over RNRC - I’m sorry you didn’t get a chance to ride Tower of Terror. It’s my favorite ride in Disney World - we’ll see if that changes after our trip! Rise of the Resistance looks amazing and it’s great you had a short wait. I’ve seen BatB a few times at the Studios and was planning to skip it this time for other things… until my older daughter saw they had the show. I guess we’ll be seeing Beauty and the Beast! :laughing:

Yeah, another TOT lover. ROTR is a great experience but for me TOT has more thrill.

Your older daughter is going to love BatB! I remember the first time Danielle saw it. She was transfixed. Try to get there early and get up close.

That is a great Photopass picture!

Thank you!

My next Disney trip after our Girls trip was with Dennis to spend some time with Danielle before Christmas. She was still doing her College Program and could not come home for Thanksgiving or Christmas. This is the time of year when lots of CPs self-term due to missing home and the crowds. It's also very close to when their programs end in January and they are ready to go.
Being away from home during the holidays is really hard the first time.
Our trip was from Saturday, November 27th - Friday, December 3, 2021. We drove from Baton Rouge so we could bring Danielle her Christmas presents and planned on 4 park days with one day we didn't go in the parks ( Dennis didn't go into the parks but I did). Danielle ended up with some full days off and some days she had to work the afternoon or night, but they did try to work with her to give her some time with us.
:)
I was finally about to persuade Dennis to try something new. There were crowds everywhere he looked to eat so I suggested trying Jock Lindsey's. We got on the waiting list and sat down to enjoy the music being performed on the stage right next door. It wasn't too long before we had a table outside on the deck. It was a cool night but with all the bodies around it wasn't too bad. We ordered some drinks and apps and waited for Danielle to come meet us. She showed up not too long after the food came. I had a mixed drink but I don't remember what it was. I asked for something fruity. Can anyone ID this? It was good.
I love Jock Lindseys!
Everything was really good. We enjoyed the music coming from the stage and the atmosphere. We caught up with Danielle and checked in on the LSU vs A&M game. LSU was expected to lose really bad but actually surprised us all and won. Danielle asked about using her CM discount but this was the last day of no discounts due to the Thanksgiving holiday. No biggie, we really enjoyed our meal and this has now become one of Dennis' favorites. He would go back every trip if he could.
Same!
This was just a little over 2 years ago and she looks so young.
She does.
This is a girls trip with my friend/co-worker that I went with in September. She has a time share at Bonnet Creek and has NEVER stayed in the bubble. We were both talking awhile back and agreed we NEEDED a trip for Flower and Garden. We both also agreed it needed to be a cost conscious trip too. We got Danielle to book us a room at Sports with her discount and staying in the room with us. She had limited options to use the full 50% off so Sports it is. I warned my friend this is the least expensive Disney resort but it has been recently updated and comes with the normal Disney resort benefits. She's just happy to finally stay on grounds. I can't wait to show her how much nicer it is to take Disney transportation to the Magic Kingdom and not have to park and take the monorail or boat.
It's so much nicer being in the bubble. I only stayed offsite once and I would prefer not to do so again.
Our current plans are to go to Epcot on Friday for Flower and Garden. I'm sure we won't make rope drop. No ADRs since we'll be getting all the food we can from the food booths. I'm hoping we run into @amazingact21 and her DH this day.
Nice!
Sunday is Studios day. We have an Oga's ADR and dinner at Mama Melrosa's. R likes Tony's but has never had Mama's. We just did Tony's in December and skipped Mama's last year so I'm ready for it again. This is another day we may cross paths with @amazingact21, but running races is her first priority. I'm hoping we get to squeeze some Dis time in.
Great plans!
Monday is AK and I just realized this week it's also going to be it's 26th anniversary and Earth Day. We just missed the 25th anniversary last year. I'm hoping for interesting snacks and rare characters. We have an ADR for Beaches and Cream and I'm playing with the idea of doing MK afterhours event.
Love AK so much!
R and I are so much alike. We both end up trying to please the people we're with when we go to Disney so we're looking forward to keeping it simple and doing the things we don't normally get to do. I see a ride on Peter Pan in my future.
I am the same way. When I am with my DH and my boys I am always thinking of what they might like to do. That's why I love my solo and friend trips....I can indulge myself in all my favourites.
How could I miss this? I had plans on going to a Dapper Day when we originally planned out Holiday 2021 trip. I had even put an outfit together. When we had to change our dates the outfit went back to back of the closet. I can finally take that outfit out and wear it. But can I make some changes to make this happen?
Yay for Dapper Day!
I talked to Danielle and she was just as excited as I was. She has never been to Dapper Days since she is usually working, now she has that weekend off. I don't want to do both days and I don't want to be in Epcot on a weekend during a festival. So, of course we need to do Magic Kingdom on Sunday. I'm sorry Alicia but we won't be in Studios on Sunday, we'll be there Saturday instead. We'll work extra hard to meet up on Friday at Epcot. I can't remember right now where you are on Saturday. I know we can't go to Epcot at all on Sunday since Danielle is blocked out.
Plans always change. Hopefully you will be able to meet up with Alicia.
When we made it to Casey we had to stop to listen to the Corner Pianist. Can you see the little Boy? He was so cute.
I'm also happy to say Danielle is a fan of the Pianist and she had her friends stop with her often to listen.
Too cute!
It was finally time to check in for dinner @ Tony's. I know this place has gotten a bad rap but we have always liked it. We're also the family that likes Olive Garden too. I can verify that none of us have any Italian blood (we have all done Ancestry DNA) so we don't come by knowing what is good Italian food honestly. We're also not foodies.
Caroline and I had lunch at Tony's in December and I really enjoyed my meal.
It was full dark by now. We stayed in FL and made our way to Under the Sea. I found Pinocchio and we stopped for some photo pass pictures which did not turn out well due to how dark it was.
They are still cute. :)
We didn't do the party for the treats but for the reserved area to see the show.
Exactly!! I didn't think the food was anything great but sipping Prosecco while watching HEA was worth every penny.
We were in the perfect place to catch the first Beauty & the Beast performance. This was the Covid edition so everyone had to stay at least 6 feet apart from each other. The number of CM performers on the stage was very limited. It was really different but we were just happy it was back. I think it also made it easier to get photos of the main characters since the other performers weren't moving in and out.
The Covid restrictions feel like a lifetime ago to me.

The Historians really make this show. I have some good shows and some great ones. I love that some of the jokes are the same but they also update the show to whatever is happening right now.
The historians really do make that show! They are always my favorite part and I love that it can be a different show every time.
Danielle doesn't like the 3D or 4D shows so I have to try and do them when she's not with me.
My oldest daughter (9) doesn't like 3D or 4D either! I keep hoping she will grow out of that and enjoy them someday, but she might not.
My biggest complaint with Oga's is we never get a table where we can sit.
I've cancelled Oga's 2 years now because we just couldn't face the possibility of not having a seat there. We're usually looking for an afternoon break to sit and relax! One day I will keep a reservation there.
She worked Epcot Festivals when she went back in June 2021. She worked at the many different food Outdoor kitchens. She really did not like this at first but grew to love it.
That sounds like a fun gig! I know there are down sides but it sounds like really great experience with some fun perks too. Thank you for sharing her background, it's so interesting and I'm already telling my daughters they can work at Disney when they are in college :) I wish I had known about the program when I was in school.
It's really hard to move to another line of business once your in food & beverage.
I hope she gets to move where she wants next!!

Danielle had a night shift as a stocker this day
At first I read that as "stoker".
Hard day of shoveling coal into the furnace, huh?

:rolleyes:
We were walking in right after 8 am, so we were doing good.
::yes::
We headed straight for ROTR
Ah! I wondered if that would be open for early entry. :)
We did this selfie in line for ROTR at 8:16 am.
Cute shot. :)
We were in the room with BB8 @ 8:37. Not a bad wait at all.
Not bad at all!
TSMM was also a great ride. Danielle smoked us but I didn't get a photo of the scores.
She better... she lives there!
The wait for TOT wasn't bad either but RRC won out.
It did? I'm surprised at that. I do know TOT is your fave.
I don't ride RRC anymore, the upside down portion really messes with my equilibrium.
Sorry to hear that. But good to know your limitations.
1712531771931.png
I like that one. I should re-watch that movie.
Breakfast was a Bacon & Gouda Ciabatta sandwich,
How was that?
:laughing:
Please excuse Dennis' peeking nose, he was having too much fun.
I did notice, but decided that it was a casualty of the acceleration!
The line for TOT was too long by now so we didn't ride. This made me very sad since it's my favorite thrill ride.
:(
Dennis got a foot long chili cheese dog meal
Whoa! Big meal!
we all shared the 50th anniversary tart. The tart was really good and so cute.
What was her name?

:duck:
We were in the perfect place to catch the first Beauty & the Beast performance. This was the Covid edition so everyone had to stay at least 6 feet apart from each other. The number of CM performers on the stage was very limited. It was really different but we were just happy it was back.
6' apart on stage... huh. I'd have liked to have seen that, just to compare. But of course I don't like the reason for it.
I like this shot. :)
Have you ever seen this?

1712533138918.png
I'm not sure... maybe??? Maybe not!
This would be a really great photo if the PP person hadn't gotten a thumb or something in the top corner.
Easily fixed. I also found the tree on the left a bit distracting...

1712662522508.png
Was the darker band at the top from cloud? Kinda looks like a shutter issue, but...

Being away from home during the holidays is really hard the first time.

It really is.

I love Jock Lindseys!

It's the best! Maybe someday we can enjoy a drink together here.

It's so much nicer being in the bubble. I only stayed offsite once and I would prefer not to do so again.

I prefer the bubble, but I want pass up a free stay even if it's outside the bubble. Looks like I'll be doing this again in July.

I am the same way. When I am with my DH and my boys I am always thinking of what they might like to do. That's why I love my solo and friend trips....I can indulge myself in all my favourites.

Me too!! I vote for more Girl's Trips.

Yay for Dapper Day!

I'm so excited. My purse came in last night and I though I had my sunglasses, but they sent the wrong ones.

Plans always change. Hopefully you will be able to meet up with Alicia.

It might actually work out better. Alicia will be in Studios on Saturday too.

The Covid restrictions feel like a lifetime ago to me.

Yes they do. It took me a real long time to stop reaching for a mask every time I got ready to get out of the car.

The historians really do make that show! They are always my favorite part and I love that it can be a different show every time.

We just keep going back because of the Historians.

My oldest daughter (9) doesn't like 3D or 4D either! I keep hoping she will grow out of that and enjoy them someday, but she might not.

Danielle still hasn't grown out of it, but she is more tolerant when we really want to go.

I've cancelled Oga's 2 years now because we just couldn't face the possibility of not having a seat there. We're usually looking for an afternoon break to sit and relax! One day I will keep a reservation there.

I'm going to give it another try when we go next week. My friend who is going with me has never been.

That sounds like a fun gig! I know there are down sides but it sounds like really great experience with some fun perks too. Thank you for sharing her background, it's so interesting and I'm already telling my daughters they can work at Disney when they are in college :) I wish I had known about the program when I was in school.

I think it's a great experience for young adults. I wish they had it when I was young. There is no age limit you just have to be in college when you apply. There are older adults who do it too.

I hope she gets to move where she wants next!!

So far she hasn't had any luck. :sad2:

At first I read that as "stoker".
Hard day of shoveling coal into the furnace, huh?

Most people hear it as "stalker". Not the same thing at all.

Ah! I wondered if that would be open for early entry. :)

It was on this trip.

It did? I'm surprised at that. I do know TOT is your fave.

I was doing the "people pleaser" thing again.

I like that one. I should re-watch that movie.

I need a re-watch too.

How was that?

It was ok.

Whoa! Big meal!

He can put away some food.

What was her name?

:duck:

Easily fixed. I also found the tree on the left a bit distracting...

Thank you! I have saved it to my Photo pass file.

I think DHS has the best Christmas decorations!
It looks a fun day and getting on Rise with a minimal wait is awesome 🤩
I’m with you, RnRc is a time for me to chill and get a beverage while Andi rides it!
I love a good hotdog 🌭 and I am excited for the new corn dog stand to open on the Boardwalk! Every time I see a hotdog on a trip report I want one! :laughing: Even at 6am!

Looks like it was a beautiful morning at DHS!
Glad everyone was able to find something they wanted to eat. That's always a challenge when you have more than 1 person together. You were wise and grabbed yourself something while on your own. ::yes::
I've never noticed the footprint in the cement. I'll have to keep an eye out when I'm there next weekend!

I think DHS has the best Christmas decorations!

Something else we agree on!

I’m with you, RnRc is a time for me to chill and get a beverage while Andi rides it!

Even more in common.

I love a good hotdog 🌭 and I am excited for the new corn dog stand to open on the Boardwalk! Every time I see a hotdog on a trip report I want one! :laughing: Even at 6am!

I'm looking forward to the new corn dog stand too.

Try this next time. "Have fun on RNRC... meet me <here> later, I'm going on TOT."

I did think about, but Danielle likes TOT too. It's our thing.

I've never noticed the footprint in the cement. I'll have to keep an eye out when I'm there next weekend!

Just remember to look down.

Monday, November 29, 2021-More DHS

When Iast I left off, we were headed to the 12:30 Frozen Sing-Along. Since it was Christmas time the show was the Holiday version. It's just as entertaining as the original show. The Historians really do make the show.

1712978738486.png

The Big Surprise is that Olaf shows up in the Christmas show, but sadly still no Sven.
1712978840040.png

After singing at the top of our voices it was time to use our LL for Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railroad. This is a really cute ride and had really grown on me but I will always miss The Great Movie Ride. Does anyone else have the song stuck in your head? "Nothing can stop us now"

1712978949689.png
1712978979180.png
We next made our way to Galaxy's Edge to look around some more and ride The Millennium Falcon. Every time I go through GE I see something different. It really is a very detailed area.

1712979128853.png
1712979151690.png
1712979178668.png
It was about 2:45 by this time and I was hungry. My breakfast wasn't near as filling as the hot dog and burger meals Dennis & Danielle had. We stopped so I could get one of my favorite snacks in GE, the Ronto Wrap. It may not be pretty but it sure taste good to me.

1712979478929.png
We looked around a little more before joining the Millennium Falcon line.

1712979548513.png

I not a big fan of the Millennium Falcon since I have motion sickness issues but I do okay as long as I'm kept busy pushing buttons. I have no interest in being one of the pilots. The line is pretty interesting and we actually saw Chewbacca and Vi Moradi. I think they were repairing the Falcon.
1712979801496.png

Continued in next post. . . .

1712980046341.png

1712980072273.png

1712980099055.png
I didn't have to worry about being a pilot on our ride since that position was already filled.

1712980177298.png
After we finished our ride Danielle had to leave. She was working a shift in Epcot that night.

We exited GE through the back entrance into Toy Story Land. We slowly started making our way out too but of course I had to stop for photos of some of the 50th statues.
1712980315272.png

1712980337615.png

1712980370408.png

1712980400532.png

And more decorations.
1712980463338.png
I think these dancing Minnies are one of my favorites. They were Red before but since the parks were celebrating the 50th they made them Gold. I'll have to go back and look but I think they may still be Gold. I just checked and they were still Gold this past December. I remember them being Red on our first Christmas trip in 2019. I did buy myself the cutest Christmas ornament of a Red one and the arms and legs move when you pull the string.
1712980855555.png

Just a little bit more. . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter