Girls Trip #1 (check in daily for any plans being finalized or changes/updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been on a ladies only trip either unless you count the last two with the daughter/her friend.

I'd love to come along, but I'm not sure how well May will work for me. We already have plans for March and I'm not sure I'll be able to afford to go again so soon. I'm a single mom and that single paycheck only stretches so far. :3dglasses

Another bonus to going then is I believe the Food and Wine Week-ends will be going on at that time.

This was the info from this year's event:

Another reason to be there without kids and hubby's..... ;)

Hey-yyyyy!! I am all over that! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Beth this is shaping up so GREAT!!!! I would love to invite my DD19 too, she will be 20 by May and she's used to me getting crazy. LOL She's actually my Designated Driver when I need one...LOL We actually go to the same club to go dancing!! We are pretty close as I was really young when she was born, I know she'd love to join in and wouldn't get upset or offended by anything we did or said. LOL I'd also like to invite my BFF, she's a ton of fun too, if she can do it she will. I may have to bring my DBF and kids.......I'll just split with them and hang out with all the ladies for a while. Since it's a 6 hour drive for us we really try to come together.....but it won't be an issue for me to leave them behind for at least a day...or 2. LOL Besides it's DL, they may not understand me wanting to go alone. LOL But they wouldn't interrupt us, not at all!!

The more I think about it, the more I want to make this happen (me going, that is). DS is still attached at the hip (well, with the extended nursing that is traditional in my family he's attached a bit further up, LOL) so it makes me so nervous to jet off without him, but he'll be almost 4 by that time, practically a different child altogether, and DH continues to convince me that it will be OK.

I was talking to a friend about it, and she is not into message boards, or even really Disneyland, but even she gave me a "hmm, that might be fun" reaction when I told her. I told her she should go, even though she's not "one of us". :) She said she'd rather go to Vegas with me, and all i could think was...we don't like being around smoke, she doesn't (can't) drink at all, we don't gamble...what, exactly, would we be doing in Vegas? :upsidedow

Ohhh, sounds like fun!!! Wait, you mean I could actually eat a meal in peace and not have to ride Its a small world 50 times??? Or better yet, ride a roller coaster:laughing:

I'm hoping if this works out we can make it an annual thing. Especially with so many DISers living close to DL and having APs. :thumbsup2

I'd love to meet you while you are in Vegas! I'm always up for an excuse to get out and have a good time. :rotfl:

It will be fun to meet up with you in Las Vegas ::yes::

Well, we are planning our DLR trip for Nov. 2008, so I will have an AP for the next year (we do the 2 trips in a year thing and get APs), so that helps make it more likely to get that extra trip in :teeth:

I've never been on a ladies only trip either unless you count the last two with the daughter/her friend.

I'd love to come along, but I'm not sure how well May will work for me. We already have plans for March and I'm not sure I'll be able to afford to go again so soon. I'm a single mom and that single paycheck only stretches so far. :3dglasses
Hi wvnative! Okay, I'm going to give you my two cents for what it's worth.

I hear you on the money issue. Trust me. I'm not a single mom, but we are a family of 6 with one income. I'm a SAHM and while my DH is a hard worker and has supported us just fine over the years, we aren't exactly raking in the millions. LOL Things are definitely tight around here.

BUT having said that, as a mom, I think it's so important to take time for yourself. And especially as a single mom! Women, whether they work or not, do most of the work around the house. Caring for kids, cooking, shopping, making holidays special, helping with homework, meeting with teachers, making appointments and playdates, keeping track of schedules, etc. The list is endless. LOL

So I think if there's any way possible to make this happen, you should do it for yourself. There are ways to do it cheaper. Do you have an AP? If so, then that would save having to buy a ticket. We can bring water and snacks into the park, and/or eat some meals cheaply. We can stay off site, at a hotel within walking distance to avoid shuttle fees, and at one with a free breakfast. Maybe even find a roomie here on the boards to cut the room cost in half.

And even doing those things, you'd still have fun because you'd be at Disney with a bunch of other fun ladies who are just out to have a good time!! :woohoo: Also there is at least 6 months between now and then to save up for it.

I'm not trying to pressure you at all, don't get me wrong. I just think if someone wants to go, I hope they are able to find a way to make it happen. We all deserve a break and to just go off, have fun, and come back refreshed, with some new friends! :)

Good luck with your decision. :wizard:

Beth this is shaping up so GREAT!!!! I would love to invite my DD19 too, she will be 20 by May and she's used to me getting crazy. LOL She's actually my Designated Driver when I need one...LOL We actually go to the same club to go dancing!! We are pretty close as I was really young when she was born, I know she'd love to join in and wouldn't get upset or offended by anything we did or said. LOL I'd also like to invite my BFF, she's a ton of fun too, if she can do it she will. I may have to bring my DBF and kids.......I'll just split with them and hang out with all the ladies for a while. Since it's a 6 hour drive for us we really try to come together.....but it won't be an issue for me to leave them behind for at least a day...or 2. LOL Besides it's DL, they may not understand me wanting to go alone. LOL But they wouldn't interrupt us, not at all!!
I know, I'm already excited!! LOL

Your DD19 sounds fun! By all means, bring her along as long as she's used to a little wildness. :rolleyes1 :lmao: And your BFF too! The more ladies, the merrier! :dance3:

As for your DBF and kids, I understand about the drive and all. We had two of the ladies last year bring their family/kids and they just would leave them and meet up with us solo for meals or a few hours of hanging out. That's no problem as long as they don't mind you "ditching" them. :rotfl2:

Whoo hoo! A mod with a "naughty" side.... ;) :rotfl2:

Sounds good to me then! :yay:

Well at a Disneyland meet a few years ago, someone (who shall remain nameless) persuaded a stranger to don a lime green thong while we stuffed it with dollar bills. And Disneyland security posed with us for the picture. :rolleyes1

I am sure MaryJo has a copy of that photo.

The more I think about it, the more I want to make this happen (me going, that is). DS is still attached at the hip (well, with the extended nursing that is traditional in my family he's attached a bit further up, LOL) so it makes me so nervous to jet off without him, but he'll be almost 4 by that time, practically a different child altogether, and DH continues to convince me that it will be OK.

I was talking to a friend about it, and she is not into message boards, or even really Disneyland, but even she gave me a "hmm, that might be fun" reaction when I told her. I told her she should go, even though she's not "one of us". :) She said she'd rather go to Vegas with me, and all i could think was...we don't like being around smoke, she doesn't (can't) drink at all, we don't gamble...what, exactly, would we be doing in Vegas? :upsidedow
Hey, how are you?? I was wondering when I'd see you over here. ;)

I don't know you little boy obviously but I think by 4 most kids are ok with mommy taking off for a little while. And honestly, if your DH is behind this, then I say go for it!! He clearly realizes that you need and deserve to have some fun for yourself. Smart man! :thumbsup2

As for your friend, if she's interested, bring her along!! Even people who aren't into the magic of Disney, would have fun I think. It's just different with a group of ladies because you are there to just kick back, shop, have a nice meal, some drinks, and just get away from it all. :cloud9:

Well at a Disneyland meet a few years ago, someone (who shall remain nameless) persuaded a stranger to don a lime green thong while we stuffed it with dollar bills. And Disneyland security posed with us for the picture. :rolleyes1

:eek: :lmao: OMG, that is too funny!!! I think I need to see that pic......:rotfl2:

Ohhh, sounds like fun!!! Wait, you mean I could actually eat a meal in peace and not have to ride Its a small world 50 times??? Or better yet, ride a roller coaster:laughing:
YES!!! You can do whatever you want too! (just don't get us thrown out of the park!) :rotfl:

Imagine a nice meal without kids saying they spilled their chocolate milk, or they don't like their food, etc. Or a shopping spree without a husband asking if you really need that or wondering why Disney prices are so high. :rotfl2:

There are alot of shops in DTD that I would love to visit, but I know my DH and kids have zero interest in doing that. Same with some of the restaurants, I'd love to try them, but my picky kids would have something to say about that. :rotfl:

I love doing Disney with my family. It's very special and nothing can replace that. But going with a bunch of friends or other Disney loving ladies is really a blast too in a totally different way that I think everyone should do at least once.

At least.... ;)

It will be fun to meet up with you in Las Vegas ::yes::

Well, we are planning our DLR trip for Nov. 2008, so I will have an AP for the next year (we do the 2 trips in a year thing and get APs), so that helps make it more likely to get that extra trip in :teeth:
Whoo hoo! Extra trips are always nice. ;)

YES!!! You can do whatever you want too! (just don't get us thrown out of the park!) :rotfl:
But I heard about the Disneyland jail. Do you think it has a hidden mickey in it :lmao:

Imagine a nice meal without kids saying they spilled their chocolate milk, or they don't like their food, etc. Or a shopping spree without a husband asking if you really need that or wondering why Disney prices are so high. :rotfl2
:

Ohh, that would be great!!! I don't think I would know how to act.

I thought the only DL jail was in Pirates? LOL Too funny!!!!!

I think this would be a ton of fun and no, my family wouldn't mind me ditching them for a while to get in some big girl time. They would be fine with it! Micah could pin trade all he wanted and the kids could ride all the coasters they want. LOL My age is catching up with me, I'm not able to do as many coasters as I used to! LOL My kids are in school in May though so we (my group) would likely be a weekend gang....maybe we could toss in a Friday or Monday but we would have to see.

But I heard about the Disneyland jail. Do you think it has a hidden mickey in it :lmao:

Ohh, that would be great!!! I don't think I would know how to act.

A hidden Mickey?? Well, there's really only one way to find out for sure.... :rolleyes1 Any volunteers? :rotfl:

Oh, and if it helps at the meals, I can spill something and ask you to cut my meat so you'll feel more at home. :lmao:

I thought the only DL jail was in Pirates? LOL Too funny!!!!!

I think this would be a ton of fun and no, my family wouldn't mind me ditching them for a while to get in some big girl time. They would be fine with it! Micah could pin trade all he wanted and the kids could ride all the coasters they want. LOL My age is catching up with me, I'm not able to do as many coasters as I used to! LOL My kids are in school in May though so we (my group) would likely be a weekend gang....maybe we could toss in a Friday or Monday but we would have to see.
What's that you said.... a Friday AND a Monday. :rolleyes1 Oh good thinking!! :rotfl:

So this is a group of women, all of whom, love Disney, some live in Las Vegas, and if I read the boards correctly some have twins too! I embrace you sisters!!! Count me in! We can even carpool from Vegas. Road Trip!!!

Jill, living in Las Vegas

DD's 15 (identical)
DS 19 (away at college in WI)
DFi 50 (more of a a Disney Geek than I am)

ps How do you get all those cutesy things on your signatures?
We are proud DVC owners at SS.
?

Ok these HAVE TO BE MADE PUBLIC!!! :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter