Girls Trip #1 (check in daily for any plans being finalized or changes/updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested. I'm local and also have AP's, I'll only be able to do Friday evening to Sunday evening since I won't be able to miss work. I'm already taking 3 weeks off to go to WDW during Thanksgiving and then again the beginning of April.

I may have some extra DVC points to use and I could get a room at one of the Disneyland hotels for 2-nights. If I do, I'll start soliciting for roommates soon :rotfl: .

Just some background on me: I'm a 30 year old partially single mom of 2 (DD10 & DS12). I say partially because my husband & I have been on and off seperated for 2 years. My kids and I are Disney fanatics and go to WDW twice a year and Disneyland every other weekend.

:thumbsup2 ,
Katie

I'm interested. I'm local and also have AP's, I'll only be able to do Friday evening to Sunday evening since I won't be able to miss work. I'm already taking 3 weeks off to go to WDW during Thanksgiving and then again the beginning of April.

I may have some extra DVC points to use and I could get a room at one of the Disneyland hotels for 2-nights. If I do, I'll start soliciting for roommates soon :rotfl: .

Just some background on me: I'm a 30 year old partially single mom of 2 (DD10 & DS12). I say partially because my husband & I have been on and off seperated for 2 years. My kids and I are Disney fanatics and go to WDW twice a year and Disneyland every other weekend.

:thumbsup2 ,
Katie
Hi Katie!! Do you want me to write you a note so you can miss work? :rolleyes1 I'm not a doctor but I can play one on the DIS. ;)

I just turned 36 ( :scared1: ) last week, and I have a DD who is 10 and my DS is 12. Well, they both have birthdays coming up in Nov and Dec, but for now they are 10 and 12. I also have twin girls who are 7.

I'd love for you to join us!! I think the more the merrier. :thumbsup2

I would be interested in a trip. I am quite old though!! (going next week with my DD7 for my 46th birthday..egads!!!). I am from San Diego and have AP's for the first time this year!!
I'd likely only make it a few days...but sounds fun!!

Amy

We had fun, I was bummed that we didn't get to say HI though!! That's what I get for turning my phone ringer off at night. LOL Keep me posted on this.....and I hope we can at least say in December when we are there!!

I would be interested in a trip. I am quite old though!! (going next week with my DD7 for my 46th birthday..egads!!!). I am from San Diego and have AP's for the first time this year!!
I'd likely only make it a few days...but sounds fun!!

Amy
Oh, your not old! If you like Disney then you must be a kid at heart right?? :thumbsup2

I love San Diego. We used to live in SoCal and would go there all the time. It's such a fun, pretty place. Were you effected by the fires at all??

I think if we make the trip a Thurs-Mon, then people can either come the whole time or just for the week-end. Whatever works best for them.

We had fun, I was bummed that we didn't get to say HI though!! That's what I get for turning my phone ringer off at night. LOL Keep me posted on this.....and I hope we can at least say in December when we are there!!
I know, me too. It just seemed to fly by. I mean, we did alot but I could have easily stayed there another couple days!! LOL

I'll keep you posted, and we'll be back in Dec. so maybe things will work out then. :)

Thank you for your interest! Luckily we were not at all threatened by the fires, live closer to downtown than that. Our backyard is on a canyon, so if a spark hits it, our house will be gone. Santa Ana's are awful, everything is dry as tinder!!
A Thursday-Monday would fit my schedule as I typically work on Saturdays, so thursday and Friday would be the days for me!!
And, I do love Disney and am a kid at heart. How did my knees get so old??????
I wil check back on this thread regularly, find out the scoop!! I will say hello to DL on Thursday for everyone!! Amy

Thank you for your interest! Luckily we were not at all threatened by the fires, live closer to downtown than that. Our backyard is on a canyon, so if a spark hits it, our house will be gone. Santa Ana's are awful, everything is dry as tinder!!
A Thursday-Monday would fit my schedule as I typically work on Saturdays, so thursday and Friday would be the days for me!!
And, I do love Disney and am a kid at heart. How did my knees get so old??????
I wil check back on this thread regularly, find out the scoop!! I will say hello to DL on Thursday for everyone!! Amy
Well, I'm glad to hear that you and yours were safe. I agree, the Santa Ana's are awful. I always hated them.

As for your knees, well, I'm only 36 and I already have several body parts that I'm beginning to wonder what the heck happened to them!!! :rolleyes1 :sad2: :rotfl2:

Hi this sounds like it's going to be so much fun. Count me in!

I've missed some of the other meets, and really wish I had gone. We have always had so much fun at Disneyland meets (right, Tink33? :teeth: )

I'm local, about 25 miles from DL, and have a premium AP. If this is one of my 3-day weekends I can join you guys Fri-Sun, if not then Fri evening-Sunday.

I've missed some of the other meets, and really wish I had gone. We have always had so much fun at Disneyland meets (right, Tink33? :teeth: )

I'm local, about 25 miles from DL, and have a premium AP. If this is one of my 3-day weekends I can join you guys Fri-Sun, if not then Fri evening-Sunday.
Hi Mary Jo! Glad you can join us! Although I noticed you're a moderator. I hope that doesn't mean we have to be on our best behavior. :rolleyes1 That won't be any fun..... :lmao:

And lucky you, living so close to DL! :thumbsup2

Hi Mary Jo! Glad you can join us! Although I noticed you're a moderator. I hope that doesn't mean we have to be on our best behavior. :rolleyes1 That won't be any fun..... :lmao:

And lucky you, living so close to DL! :thumbsup2

I promise to keep my mod hat in the virtual world at the DIS. :goodvibes

And join in on the rascally fun... :lmao:

This sounds like so much fun! I'm in the Phoenix area, with a Deluxe AP, so I'm all in! Just depends on which weekend. I'll already be out there in March over Spring Break. Is the 21+ rule hard? My daughter goes to college in La Mirada, about 15 minutes from DL (I planned that well!) but she will only be 19 in May... just wondering.

Grrrrr Mary Jo I really wish I would have seen you on the last meet!

This sounds like so much fun! I'm in the Phoenix area, with a Deluxe AP, so I'm all in! Just depends on which weekend. I'll already be out there in March over Spring Break. Is the 21+ rule hard? My daughter goes to college in La Mirada, about 15 minutes from DL (I planned that well!) but she will only be 19 in May... just wondering.

Hey there!! I see you are originally from MI. Where abouts? I lived there for 3 years from 2004-2007. We just moved to Vegas this summer. Anyways, we were in the Traverse City area, the northern part of the lower peninsula.

Anyways, I'm glad you an join us!! We'll seem to have a few interested now. Guess we need to start thinking of a date. :cool1:

As for your DD19, I suppose it's up to you. I only say 21 and over, because when we went to WDW there was drinking involved and once you let a bunch of wild ladies out on their own, you just never really know what will follow in terms of conversation and humor. :eek: :lmao:

So I guess, it would be up to you. I just wanted to throw out that word of caution; that you just never know what to expect.
Mainly we don't want any young children around that we'd have to watch what we say or do. Does that make sense? LOL

I'd be interested. I'm upgrading to an AP this month, and I have NEVER been on a ladies only trip! Beginning of May sounds great to me!

I'd be interested. I'm upgrading to an AP this month, and I have NEVER been on a ladies only trip! Beginning of May sounds great to me!
Hi! And welcome aboard!! If you've never been on a ladies only trip, then I'd say it's about time. ;) :rotfl2:

Another bonus to going then is I believe the Food and Wine Week-ends will be going on at that time.

This was the info from this year's event:

Celebrate the palate pleasing flavors of California cuisine and spirits as the Disneyland Resort plays host to a food-lover's festival that showcases the diverse tastes of the Golden State. Join celebrity chefs, noted sommeliers and fellow culinary connoisseurs in a series of demonstrations, seminars, and epicurean adventures that will have your mouth watering every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from April 27 — May 20, 2007 at Disney's California Adventure Park.

Another reason to be there without kids and hubby's..... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter