Girls-Only Trip *OLD thread* Please see link to new thread in 1st post, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of more Feb. dates. Eventhough I know that many won't want to leave their hunnies during Valentines. I don't have a problem with it :laughing:.

Thanks for keeping track of this Jane :thumbsup2.

Ok, since a thread isn't complete with about them being real or being hit on by guys with velcro wallets, I have another awesome story for everyone. So I was at the farmer's market this morning with my mother. We were doing our thing when this lady comes over and starts chatting us up. Comes to find out she was sick, we thought a cold/flu, but in talking, turns out she is in remission from breast cancer. That is when I notice she has had a double mastectomy. So we tell her how sorry we are to hear about that, but thank goodness she is on her way to full recovery. Then she proceeds to let us know that her rack was once looking like mine. Would have been ok if she stopped there, but she practically felt me up. Right there in front of the avocados. She didn't grab at them, more like, rubbed in a circle motion over my shirt. Strange for sure. I know she didn't mean anything by it, and with all she went through, its just another body part. But really? So from now on I can always tell people that I was felt up by a stranger at the Farmer's Market. :)

Are you really expecting us to believe this was the first time you've been felt up at the Farmer's Market? I'm not buyin' it, lady.

Well, maybe it was the first time she was felt up by a WOMAN at the Farmer's Market!

Well, I solved the time change issue by just sleeping till when I would have anyway--but now it's 10 a.m. and I'm not even out of my jammies! Yikes. I want to play in the dirt today like Jill was going to do yesterday--need to re-plant my herbs--it's so nice to be able to walk out and pick what you need for dinner.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Good morning ladies! I had some multi-quotes but realized I don't have time to reply to them all. I'm heading out the door to do some grocery shopping. Anyone need anything??

Jane, quick clarification: We put a NO by the dates we absolutely CANNOT attend right? It has nothing to do with the dates we want or like, but rather the ones we cannot attend? Just making sure I'm understanding it properly. :)

Later ladies!! :hippie:

Jane, quick clarification: We put a NO by the dates we absolutely CANNOT attend right? It has nothing to do with the dates we want or like, but rather the ones we cannot attend? Just making sure I'm understanding it properly. :)

Beth: that is my understanding. We all have dates we prefer; the "reconciliation program" is to only choose those dates we can only NOT go to try to determine if there is a date that works for the vast majority of Divas.

Good morning ladies! I had some multi-quotes but realized I don't have time to reply to them all. I'm heading out the door to do some grocery shopping. Anyone need anything??

Later ladies!! :hippie:

Yes, could you get me some milk and bananas? Thanks ;).

As far as the dates, that's how I understood it too. There were only 2 dates that I could absolutely not go, so I only marked those ones NO.

Ok, since a thread isn't complete with about them being real or being hit on by guys with velcro wallets, I have another awesome story for everyone. So I was at the farmer's market this morning with my mother. We were doing our thing when this lady comes over and starts chatting us up. Comes to find out she was sick, we thought a cold/flu, but in talking, turns out she is in remission from breast cancer. That is when I notice she has had a double mastectomy. So we tell her how sorry we are to hear about that, but thank goodness she is on her way to full recovery. Then she proceeds to let us know that her rack was once looking like mine. Would have been ok if she stopped there, but she practically felt me up. Right there in front of the avocados. She didn't grab at them, more like, rubbed in a circle motion over my shirt. Strange for sure. I know she didn't mean anything by it, and with all she went through, its just another body part. But really? So from now on I can always tell people that I was felt up by a stranger at the Farmer's Market. :)

Well if they weren't so damn spectacular, you wouldn't have this problem, now would you?:laughing:

I do think it's strange to have anyone in public that you do not know touch your chest at all. Hummmm, she must have felt a connection with you that made her think it was ok.

I'm off to get my spreadsheet to Jane while I have the time.
Next weekend we go to the El Capitan for a tea party and the new Alice movie. Vicki went with her family and said it was a lot of fun. Other than the 1.5 hour drive each way, I cannot wait!:)

Beth - Could you pick me up some Diet Pepsi? ;)

Cheryl - YUM, fresh herbs right out of the garden to cook with! Enjoy playing in the dirt.
gardening.gif

I pretty much just slept in today until I was comfortable waking up. Sooo...that means I woke up at 11 :rolleyes1. It is BEAUTIFUL outside though and I just got back from a bike ride :yay:

I went to a St. Patrick's Dinner/Dance at my friend's grandma's church last night, and it was a hoot! A BUNCH of 80 year olds decked out in green and dancing cheek to cheek to Unchained Melody. It was spectacular. And my friend and I(being the youngest in the building) were "forced" to go up and teach the electric slide to them :rotfl: But those old couples can really party! We were there from 6pm to 11pm!! The food was DELICIOUS though. I get corned beef and cabbage twice this week :lovestruc

Am I the only one that doesn't like corned beef & cabbage and boiled potatoes? A blander meal I cannot imagine.

Although when Tina talks about rubbing the meat with brown sugar and cooking it with Guiness, it almost makes me want to try it (sans the boiled cabbage and boiled potatoes!) If someone posts or PM's me a really good sounding recipe, I might actually try it. Anyone so committed to their corned beef dinner that they want to make a convert?

My Mom bought corned beef, I'm going to have to ask Tina (or was it Heather?) for that recipe. I asked Mom to make some extra so we can make Rueben Sandwiches YUM!!!

Today I'm doing laundry. My parents went grocery shopping, so I'm alone with the dogs.

Stacie, you are a magnet for crazy, so I believe that happened to you.

Is there a reason we can't start earlier in Feb.? My preferred dates would be the first or second week of Feb, (away from President's day, away from Easter)

I was actually kind of wondering the same thing. A friend was asking me last night at work about going the 2nd week of February (mostly because she wants to be there for V-Day, which would be on a Monday) and I am dying to go with her, but I'm dying to make it to a meet as well.

The way we are looking at is now isn't what days you want to go, or prefer to go, but which ones you can't go. At least that is my understanding.

Am I the only one that doesn't like corned beef & cabbage and boiled potatoes? A blander meal I cannot imagine.

Although when Tina talks about rubbing the meat with brown sugar and cooking it with Guiness, it almost makes me want to try it (sans the boiled cabbage and boiled potatoes!) If someone posts or PM's me a really good sounding recipe, I might actually try it. Anyone so committed to their corned beef dinner that they want to make a convert?

I admit it....I'm a bad irish girl...... I don't like corned beef at all!!! In fact, I'd eat mexican food everyday if I could!! :rolleyes1

The way we are looking at is now isn't what days you want to go, or prefer to go, but which ones you can't go. At least that is my understanding.

Yup, Stacie. You're right. :goodvibes But the early Feb dates weren't on there to begin with, so Jane added them for consideration. (Thanks,Jane)
I've sent my PM to Jane with the dates I'm not able to come.

Well, maybe it was the first time she was felt up by a WOMAN at the Farmer's Market!

Well, I solved the time change issue by just sleeping till when I would have anyway--but now it's 10 a.m. and I'm not even out of my jammies! Yikes. I want to play in the dirt today like Jill was going to do yesterday--need to re-plant my herbs--it's so nice to be able to walk out and pick what you need for dinner.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Wow, glad to see my rep is holding me up. lol

I wish I was in my jammies till 10. I was up early, doing laundry, and out the door by 8ish. Lots of errands. I wish I enjoyed gardening. But I don't.

Well if they weren't so damn spectacular, you wouldn't have this problem, now would you?:laughing:

I do think it's strange to have anyone in public that you do not know touch your chest at all. Hummmm, she must have felt a connection with you that made her think it was ok.

lol!!

Yes, it is a bit strange. I do get the, people have connetions with me thing all the time. I guess because I smile, people think that's an invite. And really, they do stick out some, so they are out there. And to me, its just another body part.

I pretty much just slept in today until I was comfortable waking up. Sooo...that means I woke up at 11 :rolleyes1. It is BEAUTIFUL outside though and I just got back from a bike ride :yay:

I went to a St. Patrick's Dinner/Dance at my friend's grandma's church last night, and it was a hoot! A BUNCH of 80 year olds decked out in green and dancing cheek to cheek to Unchained Melody. It was spectacular. And my friend and I(being the youngest in the building) were "forced" to go up and teach the electric slide to them :rotfl: But those old couples can really party! We were there from 6pm to 11pm!! The food was DELICIOUS though. I get corned beef and cabbage twice this week :lovestruc

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I want to see some pics.

Boiled potatoes, ack!

My Mom bought corned beef, I'm going to have to ask Tina (or was it Heather?) for that recipe. I asked Mom to make some extra so we can make Rueben Sandwiches YUM!!!

Today I'm doing laundry. My parents went grocery shopping, so I'm alone with the dogs.

Stacie, you are a magnet for crazy, so I believe that happened to you.

Yep, I do suppose I am a magnet for crazy sometimes. Just see how it brought you to me. HAHAHA!!:rotfl2:

Instead of boiling the potatoes, I roasted them with some olive oil, garlic, rosemary and s&p. So yummy!

That is correct. But I think it might be helpful if we also included our 1 or 2 top choices in the PM. With that info, we can not only figure out the worst date, but also see when people really want to go.
Sound good?

Instead of boiling the potatoes, I roasted them with some olive oil, garlic, rosemary and s&p. So yummy!

Okay, roasted potatoes sound delish, what do you do with the cabbage (please don't tell me you boil it.)

Okay, roasted potatoes sound delish, what do you do with the cabbage (please don't tell me you boil it.)

I did boil it in water and Guinness, but I'm really in it for the meat and potatoes. I actually poured some of the meat juices over the cabbage and served it in the same chafer as the corned beef.

And I steamed carrots, but not too many people ate them. :confused3

Hmmmm...there seems to be something missing from this new thread...

:love1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter