Girls Only Trip. OLD THREAD! Please see first post for link to new one, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is if we get some ladies out here, I am sooooo going to Chippendales!! :banana:

Hmmm, maybe even Olympic Garden.....:rolleyes1 (It's ladies down stairs but men up top)

:yay: Yes, yes, yes we should!!! What's near there? Wait, are you talking about the one at the beginning of the Strip? I don't know street names but it's not in a mall or anything. It's a corner shop?

I've never been to that one but I've heard about it. I've only been to the one in the outlet mall over by charleston. I think the one you're talking about is supposed to be better but I'm up for anything. I've found such great deals for Christmas presents for my munchkins shopping at the Disney outlet!!

Amy

All I know is if we get some ladies out here, I am sooooo going to Chippendales!! :banana:

Hmmm, maybe even Olympic Garden.....:rolleyes1 (It's ladies down stairs but men up top)

Are both of those better than Thunder? I've never been to any. But the one I always hear about is Thunder.

Amy

I've never been to that one but I've heard about it. I've only been to the one in the outlet mall over by charleston. I think the one you're talking about is supposed to be better but I'm up for anything. I've found such great deals for Christmas presents for my munchkins shopping at the Disney outlet!!

Amy
The one in the outlet mall is nice but seemed more expensive, almost like a real Disney Store.
The other one, the Character Warehouse type one, has more true outlet things, but sometimes it's crappy stuff. Things no one wanted. LOL I've been there before and spent a ton and then other times, nothing. It depends on what they have and they get shipments every month.

Anyway, I'd be up for either. The other one at the start of the Strip has some restaurants near it but I can't recall what they were..... I think there was an Applebees and some other things like Panda Express, a chicken place, etc.

Awww thanks. I don't know what to do with myself this week. It is so weird to have been off all week! But it was such a blast at Disneyland!!
I'm glad you guys had fun! I wish we could have at least overlapped a little bit so we could have met up. Oh well. We'll both be there in March! :thumbsup2

Are both of those better than Thunder? I've never been to any. But the one I always hear about is Thunder.

Amy
I think Chippendales is more elaborate. I saw their traveling show when I was in MI and it was good. Their one here is huge, like a stage show almost. But they have the Flirt Bar inside the theater and the dancers will come out sometimes before the show to mingle and take pics.
http://www.chippendales.com/

Olympic Garden is a strip club. Downstairs it's females but on certain days upstairs they have men dancing and you can get lap dances and what not. It's definitely more hands on and "in your face" so to speak, so if anyone is shy then a stage show might be a better option. LOL

Men on top? Ummm, seems like there should be something funny to say about....:confused3

Oh lord the visions in my head!! You guys are killing me!!

Oh Beth you KNOW I would love to come to Vegas but my kids are MAJORLY into swim team and summer is my WORST time of year. They have practice 5 days a week and meets EVERY saturday that last pretty much ALL day long. Dh and I BOTH volunteer and both little ones are on the team and now that dsd has a job it is going to get REAL interesting getting her to work. I haven't even figured THAT out yet. One of us may not be able to work on the swim team like we did last year or have to do a different volunteer job so that we can take her to work, at least until she gets her own car.

Just TOO much all at once! BUT I am def up for a trip once things get a little bit calmer. Their swim team ends in August but I bet Vegas is hotter than a firecracker by then. I know the one and only time I went was July and I swear it was about 120 in the shade. And with a bum leg and no car (we had to WALK everywhere) I was NOT a happy camper! I remember practically crying just walking from our hotel (the Aladdin) over to the New York New York. It was so hot it felt like my lungs were on fire!

I would actually like to go in like Feb or something. That is when my anniversary is. But I digress! That wouldn't exactly be a ladies trip now would it!

I swear SOMEDAY I AM going to make it to sin city!

By the way our first tournament game was good and my baby scored a goal!! And I even got it on video!!! I took my camera to finish off a tape so I could have all brand new ones for DW. I have not taped a game yet all season and Wa La she scores a goal the ONE time I film a game! But we ended up losing the game but that's ok. We are about to go back for our 2nd game so wish us luck! We need it! ;)

Oh yeah, got to make an appearance at OG's. :banana:

Men on top? Ummm, seems like there should be something funny to say about....:confused3

I was thinking the same thing. :rotfl2:

Got my hair done today. Thank goodness. Got rid of all my gray, went a shade deeper in color, and got a little trim. I feel like a breck girl.

And I am cool with totes if that's what everyone wants to do. Pillowcases can be pretty cheap though. We can go with majority. Totes would be used more I think. Just need to make sure everyone gets relatively the same size tote so its all equal for the exchange. Let me know what you guys want and I will organize it.

Now I am just waiting for my nephews to show up.

Yes. There is. But I was too lazy to go back and change it.

I swear SOMEDAY I AM going to make it to sin city!

;)
Well when you do, give me a call. We'll hang out!! Oh and good luck!! :wizard:

Oh Pillowcases can be pretty cheap though. We can go with majority. Totes would be used more I think. Just need to make sure everyone gets relatively the same size tote so its all equal for the exchange. Let me know what you guys want and I will organize it.

Now I am just waiting for my nephews to show up.
Yeah, we'd have to research that and see where we can find totes that we can all go buy that aren't too expensive. White pillow cases are easier to find. And cheaper. Not saying we shouldn't do the totes, just that it will require more work.

What are some other exchange ideas just in case we can't get anyone to agree to the "artsy" aspect of it?

What about items that could be used during or after the trip? We could set a price and theme.
Maybe an "Anything For the Trip" exchange? :confused3
Things like a hat to wear on the trip or a photo frame for after? I dunno. Then people could still make something like the tote OR have the option to buy something. Tell me what you think. It's your idea so I don't want to step on any toes, just tossing out ideas. :flower3:

I really love the exchange idea though. :yay: Such a great one! And I'll do whatever. I'm easy! :rolleyes1

Have fun making the pizzas and watching the movies!

Well... Why not?

I'll talk to my most brilliant sparklaicious roommates about how we might be able to organize a scavenger hunt at Disneyland.

Sounds like it will be fun.

Alrighty, i've pmed the roomies...we will see what they think.

So it would be coming up a scavenger list.
Printing out cards with the list on it for each participant.
{whoever wants to play can play, whoever doesn't it's cool}
We would have 1st, 2nd and 3rd place disney related prices.
Once the list is made a time limit of several hours could be set.
Along with a meeting place to find out who the winners are.

I'm going looking around the web for things that could be on the list.. i already have a couple of things in mind.

The one in the outlet mall is nice but seemed more expensive, almost like a real Disney Store.
The other one, the Character Warehouse type one, has more true outlet things, but sometimes it's crappy stuff. Things no one wanted. LOL I've been there before and spent a ton and then other times, nothing. It depends on what they have and they get shipments every month.

Anyway, I'd be up for either. The other one at the start of the Strip has some restaurants near it but I can't recall what they were..... I think there was an Applebees and some other things like Panda Express, a chicken place, etc.

There are a ton of restaurants down in that area--along with the ones Beth already mentioned, there is an IHOP, Buffalo Wild Wings, Raising Canes, a pizza place and lots more. Let's start to look at calendars and find a time!

I love the tote bag idea. There is so much room for creativity and having everyone be able to put their own spin on the bag. Also, there is lots of room to either be crafty and creative yourself (not always my strongest suit) or there are several places that you can go to have some one make it for you!

Not even! No one will be rooming alone. Well, unless they want too of course. LOL

Thanks! I'm so glad they still had your wallet! Whew! Close one. I hope you feel better soon.

So you wanna be my roomie? :flower3: I don't hog the bathroom and I don't snore :thumbsup2

I'm SO glad they had it. One time I lost a little wallet with $70 of my birthday money and we called the restaurant and they had it. When we called back they couldn't "find it". So someone at that restaurant STOLE my birthday money. I was SO sad.

Alrighty, i've pmed the roomies...we will see what they think.

So it would be coming up a scavenger list.
Printing out cards with the list on it for each participant.
{whoever wants to play can play, whoever doesn't it's cool}
We would have 1st, 2nd and 3rd place disney related prices.
Once the list is made a time limit of several hours could be set.
Along with a meeting place to find out who the winners are.

I'm going looking around the web for things that could be on the list.. i already have a couple of things in mind.
Sounds like fun! Let me know what they say. I'll help if you need it or want it. I'd be happy to donate the prizes if you'd like. Just let me know. :goodvibes

There are a ton of restaurants down in that area--along with the ones Beth already mentioned, there is an IHOP, Buffalo Wild Wings, Raising Canes, a pizza place and lots more. Let's start to look at calendars and find a time!
:yay: Sundays and Mondays work best for me because Ruben is off and can deal with the kiddos BUT given enough notice, I can make any day work. I'm so excited to meet up! :)

http://www.jiffyshirts.com/bags/tote/harriton/M905/?idcust=796095205

Here is one idea for the tote if we go that route. Everyone can order their own from a site similar to the link and then decorate it however they choose.
Wow! A $1.69?? Did I read that right? That is dirt cheap. I thought they'd be around $5 - $10.
I'm game if everyone else is.

I do. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:
Sure! If January can't make it, then it will just be us. Is that ok? And if she does, I've already reserved a roll away and I can sleep on that. :thumbsup2

Oh, don't worry Beth. I will sleep on the roll away. I know you're not old but your my "elder" (even though I don't really like that word) so I won't make you sleep on the roll away.:goodvibes It's this whole "respect" thing ingrained into me...yeesh. :laughing: I can pretty much sleep on anything, except airplanes. SO uncomfortable. :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter