Girls Only Trip. OLD THREAD! Please see first post for link to new one, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
.... the Costco DL Deluxe annual pass special with the $50 gift card.

It's a SoCal special right?

So can I have my MIL buy it?

Will they ask me for a SoCal ID when I activate it?

Also I noticed that for the Deluxe AP from Dec. 20 on, it's blocked out until New Year or there about.

But if I'm using it for the very first time, do those block out days still apply? :confused3

Thanks to anyone who has the answers! :flower3:

From the info I have seen, yes it seems that it's only being sold at Southern CA stores, but no one checks IDs at purchase or redemption.

You can buy an AP or redeem a pre-paid voucher on a blockout day, yes.

From the info I have seen, yes it seems that it's only being sold at Southern CA stores, but no one checks IDs at purchase or redemption.

You can buy an AP or redeem a pre-paid voucher on a blockout day, yes.
Really? So even though it's a Deluxe and is supposed to be blocked out, because I am activating that day, they'll let me use it to get in?

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Thanks so much Molly!!

:lmao: I like how you put them to work first. :thumbsup2

I'm having Ruben bring home The Strangers after work. Not for the kids, just me and him. Have you seen that?

That's a great movie. I was watching it through my fingers!!! EEEK. I might rent it again or watch it on netflix.

Don't let you kids watch it, it's too scary!!

Of course I put them to work first. My economics teacher in high school told me "there is no such thing as a free lunch". And boy was he right. So I am just sharing my knowledge with the next generation. They are almost finished with the car. When they are done, they will help me make the pizzas.

I tried to get the Strangers today, but they were all out at the Blockbuster. I heard its pretty good. I checked it out on th IMDB site and got some reactions from it. Which led me to the site Cabin28. Creepy true story. I have been checking into sites about that site all week long. Can't get it out of my mind. Check that site out, but during the day when there it lots of daylight. Otherwise it can give you the heebee jeebees.

Let me know how the movie is.

The cabin 28 is VERY creepy and gave me the heebie jeebies.

Just thinking about it now creeps me out.....

Three movies down, two pizzas made, and one very exhausted aunt. Thank goodness DBF was here to help me with them. My nephews are asleep and DD is catching up with her tivo. Its been a long day!

I'm planning on heading over to the parks today. I need to do some walking, and I just don't feel like hopping on the treadmill.

Mel - so what's the shirt idea?

Cristabel - the Cabin 28 thing still gives me the heebee jeebees. Did you go to the Keddie Murders movie site? I guess there is a documentry movie about it. I just went to the site and checked around, did not attempt to look for the actual movie though. Scared me too much. How's your dog doing?

Anyone make pumpkin fluff before?

Cristabel - the Cabin 28 thing still gives me the heebee jeebees. Did you go to the Keddie Murders movie site? I guess there is a documentry movie about it. I just went to the site and checked around, did not attempt to look for the actual movie though. Scared me too much. How's your dog doing?

Yes I did go tot he keddie murders site. I was to creeped out to look through the entire sight.

Osita is doing very well. She has the surgery on Friday and yesterday the anesthesia was totally worn off so she ate and drank very well. She just has trouble with her cone head (e-collar) and is wary of going down stairs. She waits for someone to pick her up and carry her down. Smart dog! :laughing: Other than that she is acting her usual silly self, except she hasn't barked at all. Which is REALLY wierd since she ALWAYS barks but she has been whining a bit. We have pain medicine for her but I don't think she needs it, not by the way she's acting.

I don't understand my dog. We bought her this big comfy bed from Costco that is full of the cedar pine so it has a nice smell and everything but she doesn't like it. She'd rather sit on this tiny, somewhat padded liner bed.
:confused3

Take a pic of her with the cone on. I think pups look cute with it on. Well, more like dogs from mars, but still. When I got my Izzie I would have taken pics of her in her cone. But she came straight from the pound and was so icky dirty I couldn't do it.

I hear you about being creeped out at that site.

Good morning ladies!

Awww, cute doggie. Poor cone head though. Glad to hear she's doing ok.

I checked out that site. Wow, so sad. I'd love to go there though. I'm sure it has a really creepy vibe to it.

I didn't watch The Strangers yet. They were watching the new Indiana movie which I wasn't interested in.

Stacie! You got your tags back!! :thumbsup2

Have a good day everyone. This weekend is going by too fast.

Awww poor puppy. I always feel sorry for them in those cones. They look so sad!

Well we lost our 2nd game yesterday. :( We played a 2nd year U10 team and they kicked our butts. My middle dd Katy plays goalie and they really kept her on her toes. They were at the goal the ENTIRE game and she held them off the entire first half but the 2nd half they finally scored a goal against her and then it was like our team just gave up and then they scored like 3 more in a row. It was awful. They were all like a whole head taller than our girls and it was really tough. The girls all left really dejected. We lost our first game too but at least we scored two goals so it was a little more even. I just hope we have it a bit better today but I don't know. I'll just be glad when this weekend is over!! DSD worked yesterday (first full day). She went in at 11:30 and wasn't on till noon but they started her right in and we decided to eat since we were there but we didn't get her register. Then she got in trouble cuz she didn't put my cookies on my tray and gave the lady after me cookies before me. Oh well. :) They never told us when she was getting off but she did work an 8 and got off at 8 last night so dh went and picked her up. After our game we went to the store and bought our pumpkins finally but didn't carve them cuz we were too busy watching journey to the of the earth (the orig from 59!) it was great!

Then she was to call this morning when she got up to find out if she was working and she made the mistake of putting her uniform in the wash well the told her to come in right then and she hadn't dried it yet. Well she is there now and she will get off while we are at our last game so she will have to chill and wait till we get done. Did I say yet it is going to be another LOOONG day! :)

Anyway we have a game at 11:30 and then another at either 2:30 or 3:30. WHEW! Did I mention I will be glad when it is over! Oh yeah I did!

Oh and I just found out it is supposed to rain on Halloween. BOOOO!!!!

Anyway I better run. My day is about to start. Have fun and don't talk to much. I can't catch up! ;)

I can't really complain since I've been on vacation all week, but waking up this morning and realizing it was SUNDAY made me a little depressed. I had to get up at o'dark thirty to take my mom to the airport so she could catch a 0650 flight.

So my week of Disney fun is officially ended and now I can switch gears to looking forward to the March trip (unless I sneak another one in before that...gotta make use of my new AP you know..).

The tote bags sound like fun, I'm just worried about putting it off until the last minute, but then again I might suprise myself. I do like the ideas others have suggested about a small gift exchange, kind of like the "secret sister" exchanges or "secret santa" exchanges done at work, so that would be my preference over the tote. I think it would be a great way to get to know someone, and it wouldn't require any shipping, etc, just a trip to the Disney Store (and who doesn't want an excuse to go there!!!).

We could make a list of questions (fav Disney movie, favorite Disney character, item(s) collected, favorite color, favorite snack, etc) and have each person who wants to participate fill them out, then we could randomly assign each person a "secret sister". We could set a price limit and each person would use the questions/answers as a guide for shopping, and a way to get to know each other. Each person participating would get a gift from their secret sister at the LO trip. And at some point, they would find out who their secret sister was. "Sisters" may want to send emails/cards leading up to the trip too.

Anyways, just some thoughts. I am totally ok with whatever the group decides and will participate in anything.

Amy

We could make a list of questions (fav Disney movie, favorite Disney character, item(s) collected, favorite color, favorite snack, etc) and have each person who wants to participate fill them out, then we could randomly assign each person a "secret sister". We could set a price limit and each person would use the questions/answers as a guide for shopping, and a way to get to know each other. Each person participating would get a gift from their secret sister at the LO trip. And at some point, they would find out who their secret sister was. "Sisters" may want to send emails/cards leading up to the trip too.

Anyways, just some thoughts. I am totally ok with whatever the group decides and will participate in anything.

Amy

Good idea, Amy! I was thinking somewhere along the same lines. I wouldn't want to get my "secret sister" something she didn't truly enjoy. Favorite characters are a must!

The tote bags sound like fun, I'm just worried about putting it off until the last minute, but then again I might suprise myself. I do like the ideas others have suggested about a small gift exchange, kind of like the "secret sister" exchanges or "secret santa" exchanges done at work, so that would be my preference over the tote. I think it would be a great way to get to know someone, and it wouldn't require any shipping, etc, just a trip to the Disney Store (and who doesn't want an excuse to go there!!!).

Amy

That's a great idea! Kind of like the exchanges they do on the Community Board. If no one else wants to, I volunteer to do the "assigning". My DD would love to help me do that!

Cristabel, that's exactly what my dog looked like. How do they get that "feel sorry for me" look???

and the little bed she likes to curl up in.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

poor Osita! what a cutie! I feel so bad for them when they have those cones on--they just don't understand why. She'll be better all soon.

and the little bed she likes to curl up in.:rolleyes:

poor Osita! what a cutie! I feel so bad for them when they have those cones on--they just don't understand why. She'll be better all soon.

I can't wait until she is because she is STINKY and I can't bathe her for 2 weeks!

Anyway I better run. My day is about to start. Have fun and don't talk to much. I can't catch up! ;)
Sorry to hear they lost the game. Sounds like it wasn't a fair one though.

Hope things go well today! Do you ever stop to catch your breath???? You are always on the go woman! LOL You're making me tired.

I

Amy
Do you have vacation let down? Or whatever you call it? I had so much fun that coming back to reality just really stunk! Why can't we be on vacation all the time? ;)
I hope you get to sneak back again before March. Really milk those APs! :wizard:

I like the secret sister idea! I've never done anything like that!! Not that I can recall anyway. So we'd fill out a list of our favorite things, and then each person who's participating gets someone to buy something for? We'd set a spending amount right? At least $X but no more then $X?

Would we give them their gift at the onset of the trip? :confused3 And then do a reveal at the end? :confused3

Oh boy, so many good ideas! Now I'm torn between the totes and the secret sister! :rotfl: Would we do both? Or shall we make a poll asking which one people prefer? :confused3

Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions?

I like the secret sister idea! I've never done anything like that!! Not that I can recall anyway. So we'd fill out a list of our favorite things, and then each person who's participating gets someone to buy something for? We'd set a spending amount right? At least $X but no more then $X?

Would we give them their gift at the onset of the trip? :confused3 And then do a reveal at the end? :confused3

Oh boy, so many good ideas! Now I'm torn between the totes and the secret sister! :rotfl: Would we do both? Or shall we make a poll asking which one people prefer? :confused3

Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions?

Hmmm, I think she should "ask the audience" :laughing: I like polls because they force you to be active in the group. So if some ladies don't get anything it's because they are not being active in the decisions.

We did secret sisters in my sorority in college and it was a lot of fun (more like a big sister-little sister thing in that case). The big sister would get little trinket gifts each day leading up to initiation and then on the last day was the big reveal. In this case, the apartment complex where all the sororities and frats were had ribbons leading all over the place. You were each given the appropriate ribbon and you had to follow it until you got to the end and found your big sister!

Obviously a gift a day isn't going to work in this case--but maybe a card or little something each MONTH between when we start and the trip? Just to let your secret sister know you are thinking about her?

One issue we will have is mailing things might give away who is who. For example, if it has an Orange county postmark it will most likely be me or Stacerita. Las Vegas--again a couple of choices. So, we will have to think about that and if there's a way around it.

I am up for totes, secret sisters or both.

Hmmm, I think she should "ask the audience" :laughing: I like polls because they force you to be active in the group. So if some ladies don't get anything it's because they are not being active in the decisions.

Definitely a poll... Beth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts