• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Girls Only Trip (old planning thread, see link to new one in 1st post)

Two screens helps. ;)
Ahhh, so that's your secret.

Is there tater tots and cupcakes on this thread? I'm freaking hungry!
I wish there was cupcakes!!
We had In-n-Out for dinner, but cupcakes still sound good. Forget Jello, I say there is always room for cupcakes.

I am still trying to write this damn essay!!!!!!!!
Good luck!!

I hope to have a Disney corndog tomorrow. :woohoo:
Lucky you! Have fun.

I just read about the Vegas mini-meet. Oh, my you ladies are FRISKY!:lmao:Especially Amy!
Yeah, Amy was a wild child last night.

Just wanted to say you guys had way too much fun last night at Chippendales. I also wanted to say you all look very pretty - cute clothes, hair and makeup. We don't do much of that when we're at DL.princess:
It was fun to "dress up" a little bit and go out for a night on the town.
I can't wait for Stacie to come home and post her pics. She has lots more of us in ummmmm, interesting poses. :rotfl:

This is how the Photo sharing works, please read ALL of this:

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER:
Do NOT open your own account to look at your photos. Once they are in one account they can't be put into another one.

1. I am going to create an email and a brand new account before we leave in October. Once the first pictures are put into the account, we will have 30 days to edit/embellish the pictures before ordering the CD. PM me with your DIS name, name, and address. Once I create the account, I will send you the login information.

2. When you have pictures taken by the DL photographers, the first one you use will give you a Photo card (like a gift card). Each time after that you get them to take your pictures you will let them scan your card. This keeps all your pictures together – if one day you forget your card, it's OK, you can get a new one, but your pictures will be on more than one card – not an issue. The website will let you add multiple cards (which is how we are able to share). This thread is pretty current and may help you find Photo spots: Disney's Photo Locations. You DO NOT have to do anything other than have them snap pictures and scan the card – no uploading at parks or anything. Just find the photographer, hand them your card and have them take pictures – it is that easy. There is also information on the website Stitch Kingdom. One thing I would recommend if you have a digital camera is to take a picture of the back of your Photo card, where the number is printed, just in case some of the pictures don't turn up online or you lose your card.

3. Each of us will have our own card(s). So keep them with you.

4. Once you return from the trip, you can log onto the account and add your Photo card numbers.

5. I will create our very own account to share. You can ONLY add your card numbers (pictures) here. To add the picture you log on and add your Photo card numbers (if you have any issues when that time comes, I can help you). Once they are up you can edit them/add embellishments. Only add your Photo card pictures here, not your personal camera ones. If you add your cards (pictures) to another account they will not be able to be added to our shared account – the website will only let you have your card on one account.

6. You can add your pictures as soon as you return home; remember, we have 30 days from the date the first pictures are uploaded.

7. After 30 days, I will order our CD(s), unless we all agree on an earlier date.

8. Once I receive the CDs, I will burn you a CD/DVD and mail it to you for the cost of the materials (DVD, envelope, postage), which should be about $5 each. I'm assuming we will need at least one DVD or 2 CDs per person.

9. You can order other products from the website, and possibly have them shipped to you, but you will have to pay for those yourself. If they end up only being able to ship to me, I can include them with your DVD/CDs.

*** Pricing Information: The current price for the Disneyland Photo Share is $59.95 plus $7.00 shipping. The per person costs are listed below, which includes $5 for the DVD(s), envelope and postage. *** If these prices change, I will update as soon as I know the new prices. ***

6 people - $16.20
7 people - $14.60
8 people - $13.40
9 people - $12.50
10 people - $11.70
11 people - $11.10
12 people - $10.60
13 people - $10.15
14 people - $9.80
15 people - $9.50

You can look at your pictures at Disneyland before going home, and even order pictures if you want.

DO NOT MAKE AN ACCOUNT ONCE YOU GET HOME, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO ADD THEM TO OUR SHARING ACCOUNT.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

If you would like to participate, please PM me with your DIS name, name, and address.

°o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o° Current Disney Photo Sharers °o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o°
Stacie/stacielee
Debbie/jordansmomma
Stacie/Stacerita
Theresa/Queenbillabong
Heather/LittleBlackRaincloud
Linda/lulubelle
Michelle/Zoemakes5
Cheryl/toocherie
Jane/cheshiregirl
Tina/billyfan
Kelly/Mouse13

Hey Divas! For those in the know, do they take pictures at Sea World and the SD Zoo like they do at Disneyland? I figure if you can get your photo made at the Phoenix zoo, maybe they will have something like 'photopass' at these other parks.

Stacie, best friend of mine....how's the CD coming? :rolleyes1 No pressure, I can wait.....

is it ready yet? :tigger:

Good Night all!

And yes, you could say that the boy that I was standing with was rather "friendly" as he kept whispering in my ear in his Spanish accent to let me know exactly how we should be posed for the cameras :rolleyes1

That is so funny! :rotfl2: I'm not sure how I would have handled that! :eek:

I have a question about the meet in 2010. How does it work? Do we all stay at the same hotel, exchange cell phone #s or what? I'll be joining the group 2 days late. How far in advance do you book the hotel rooms? Is there anything else that I need to know?

I wish I knew everyone's names. Could you post your name in your next post so I can become aquatinted? Thanks!

I'm Bridgette :wave2:

Hello Bridgette and my name is Laurie. I have a ticker with my name so everyone can see it.

They will post the schedule of events eventually. You pick and choose what you want to do like some did the VIP tour and some had to skip the pizza party. Most of the ladies stay at the same hotel or hotels. They are still discussing which ones. Probably Hojo and one on site hotel. It is to early for booking the hotel right now.

Just set back and have fun with the divas. Everything will unfold and be explained. On the first page of this thread is links to the previous events that you can look at. I had fun with the Divas and it was nice to be with them. They are all really nice ladies.:hug:

Hello Bridgette and my name is Laurie. I have a ticker with my name so everyone can see it.

They will post the schedule of events eventually. You pick and choose what you want to do like some did the VIP tour and some had to skip the pizza party. Most of the ladies stay at the same hotel or hotels. They are still discussing which ones. Probably Hojo and one on site hotel. It is to early for booking the hotel right now.

Just set back and have fun with the divas. Everything will unfold and be explained. On the first page of this thread is links to the previous events that you can look at. I had fun with the Divas and it was nice to be with them. They are all really nice ladies.:hug:

Thanks Laurie! I know I'm jumping the gun... I'm just so excited!

I have a question about the meet in 2010. How does it work? Do we all stay at the same hotel, exchange cell phone #s or what? I'll be joining the group 2 days late. How far in advance do you book the hotel rooms? Is there anything else that I need to know?

I wish I knew everyone's names. Could you post your name in your next post so I can become aquatinted? Thanks!

Hi Bridgette,

I think the ladies are still deciding on the hotel to stay at. Last year, almost everyone stayed at the Howard Johnson's, and they're deciding if they want to do that, stay onsite, or stay someplace else.

I'm local, so I haven't stayed in any of the hotel rooms, however, you'll see posts pop up when they start booking - maybe in the summertime?

The person who started all of this, mommau4, or Beth, always puts the details on the first page of the threads, so if you go there you will see a list of the ladies who are going with their DIS names and real names. There should also be a group picture that identifies all of us, or most of us, so you can kind of get an idea of what some/most of us look like.

You will also see a list of events on the first page, who to contact for that particular event, and who is participating.

Oftentimes, Beth will update the title once something gets started. Sometimes these threads go too fast for me, or I get sidetracked doing "other" stuff, so I always check the first page to see what's happening. It is the best way to gauge how far along the planning is, and then join in whatever is happening.

Right now, we are basically in the "high level planning/ brainstorming/ bonding" part of the get-together, and during this time, mini-meets may happen, or investigation about things we can do.

Here's a little tutorial about booking a vacation at Walt Disney World, but these days it might also be appropriate for Disneyland.

Click on the pic below:

It's fine that you'll join everyone two days late. By the time of the meet many details will be posted, and you'll have a lot of fun with everyone once you get there.

btw, in RL I go by Mary Jo or MJ :flower:

Morning Diva's!!
I have such a busy day today! I have first aid class all day :sad2:
I just dropped Jordan off at school, he going to tour WSU (Washington State Univ), then go to the baseball game against Arizona. I officially feel old!! Touring a college in 7th grade??? Oh well at least he is choosing a good one, well a good party one that is, just kidding, he would get a GREAT education there.

Thursday night/early Friday morning in Tukwilla friend from high school, his sister was in a horrible wreck. :guilty: Jess was hit head on by a drunk driver who was going in the wrong direction. She is not doing so well. She was crushed from the neck down. She has a lacerated liver amongst other items. Its really a miracle she is still alive. From what I have heard, the drunk driver is in jail & ok. That totally ticks me off. So if you could just keep their family in your thoughts and prayers.

On to happier news....

Its super sunny & nice outside. John just sent me a text of the 49ers stadium. He is in San Fran this wknd, creep. Just kidding.

Ok I will stop rambling now.

Hope you girls are having a great day!

Morning Diva's!!
I just dropped Jordan off at school, he going to tour WSU (Washington State Univ), then go to the baseball game against Arizona. I officially feel old!! Touring a college in 7th grade??? Oh well at least he is choosing a good one, well a good party one that is, just kidding, he would get a GREAT education there.

Thursday night/early Friday morning in Tukwilla friend from high school, his sister was in a horrible wreck. :guilty: Jess was hit head on by a drunk driver who was going in the wrong direction. She is not doing so well. She was crushed from the neck down. She has a lacerated liver amongst other items. Its really a miracle she is still alive. From what I have heard, the drunk driver is in jail & ok. That totally ticks me off. So if you could just keep their family in your thoughts and prayers.

On to happier news....

Its super sunny & nice outside. John just sent me a text of the 49ers stadium. He is in San Fran this wknd, creep. Just kidding.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's sister. I'll keep them in my thoughts & prayers.

To the good news - wow, that is great that you're preparing for college right now w/tours. That should probably help keep his focus on the goal of high school (besides all the social stuff).

Have a good one today. :)

Morning Diva's!!

On to happier news....

Thoughts and prayers to her and her family. Unfortunately the drunk drivers usually walk away without a scratch (something seriously wrong with that).

Have a nice day!

steph

Hi Bridgette. If you look at the first post on the first page, it lists everyone who came this year - screen name and name :thumbsup2

Just a quick drive by posting to subscribe to the thread. Got a party to cook for today! Big hugs to everyone.

Good morning ladies!

I am up and at em...getting some ChaCha done. :surfweb:

Debra---I am so sorry to hear about your friend. She is in my prayers.:hug:

I hope you all have a great day!

Subscribing to the new thread :cool1:.

Hi Bridgette~ Like Queenbillabong/Theresa said, most of the ladies names are on the first page. I went to the first years meet but not this years so my name isn't there. My name is Katie or Kate & I look forward to meeting you :goodvibes.

This really hits home for me. My cousin was killed by a drunk driver & the driver only had a few scratches. He even escaped from the police station while they were processing him :scared1:.

She's in my prayers and I hope she pulls through :hug:.

Wow I am gone at a meeting last night and I come back to a new thread. WHEW!

First off Deb I am very sorry for your friends sister. Thoughts and prayers to all involved.

Secondly wow! Did I miss anything last night? Any new pics or craziness? LOL.

Well when the girls got home from school BOTH of them made 2nd time Star of the Week at school so they were both really excited so I was happy for them. Then we came home and hung out for a bit and then it was time to go to Girl Scouts and we stopped at Subway to grab a bite and the people there were REALLY rude. This is the Subway right up the street from our house and we know the owners and used to know all the kids that worked there but we haven't gone in awhile and so they have a whole new batch of people working there and it was pretty bad. They were really rude and went in the back as soon as they were done helping us and had other kids there that I am SURE the owners would NOT have approved of if he had known.

Anyway then we had our meeting at a park so it was nice for the kids cuz it FINALLY warmed up a bit and today it is supposed to be 90!! Last night the girls made posters for this local parade that were are in every year. Last year it was the night after Lynn got brought home from the police so THAT was fun to say the least. They brought her home and beat the door in at 3 a.m. and we had gone to a River Cats game and not gotten home till 11 as it was and it was SUPER hot the night before so we were really hot and beat as it was then we got this lovely wake up call from the cops beating our door in and then I was on the phone with my mom from 3 to 4 who was panicked cuz the cops had been talking to HER on the phone cuz Lynn had stolen MY phone when she ran off. It was the just ONE of her many stunts. We were pretty much up the rest of the night and then we had to be at the parade at 8 a.m. Then we had to march in the parade and it was over 100. It was brutal to say the least LOL.

But this year it should be better to say the least!

We won't be having to deal with any cops anyway LOL. But the girls made their posters and this year they are going to be reading in a trailer instead of walking but our leader said the parents would have to walk so I may just sit at the other end of the parade and wait this time.

Anyway TODAY we have to go do soccer signups and then last night I rented a few movies. We rented the day the earth stood still, Slumdog millionaire and Tales of Desperaux for the girls. There are SO many movies I need to catch up on. I haven't seen a lot of the newer movies. They had the reader and Doubt and Milk. All of the movies I want see.

Anyway I better run cuz lots to do today. Hope everyone has a good day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter