• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Girls Only Disneyland Trip ~ Old thread, link to new one in first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ladies, glad to see the new thread! :)

I spent the morning at the zoo with my kids and a neighbor girl who needed babysat this morning, and then this afternoon I've had a lovely time dealing with health insurance on the phone for 3+ hours. I am so mad I could spit! :mad:

All this because I turned 40, and the past few mornings I have had a tender spot on my breast and felt a pea-sized lump that I thought I should have checked out. I haven't been to a regular MD or DO in over 3 years and now I know why!! It really shouldn't be this hard to get some basic health care.

Ok, enough of my fun life. Excited to see the new poll! (not that I'll be participating):rolleyes1

Oh Callie! I hope you can get this taken care of soon. That is so scary! I hate the whole medical/insurance fields!

And where is the Poll! I want to vote now!!!!!!!!

I spent the morning at the zoo with my kids and a neighbor girl who needed babysat this morning, and then this afternoon I've had a lovely time dealing with health insurance on the phone for 3+ hours. I am so mad I could spit! :mad:

All this because I turned 40, and the past few mornings I have had a tender spot on my breast and felt a pea-sized lump that I thought I should have checked out. I haven't been to a regular MD or DO in over 3 years and now I know why!! It really shouldn't be this hard to get some basic health care.

Ok, enough of my fun life. Excited to see the new poll! (not that I'll be participating):rolleyes1

You are 40? Congrats! :cheer2: You look much younger!:)
In all seriousness, I hate dealing w/ insurance companies. They make you run around in circles to get anything done. Hoping for the best!:hug:

BETH>>>> Bring on the poll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to know whether or not the timing is going to work out for me to be able to go next year!

I so want to go next year! I may have to forgo my birthday trip in September in order to make it.
We'd love to have you join us! It's a lot of fun as any of these gals will tell ya. :)

Tracey asked us to write her emails (or PMs) detailing our complaints, which I did. Anyone else on the VIP tour, please do that, so she has something to work with in her complaint. Considering we tried to stop the tour at 1 hour and 10 minutes in but got the runaround for the next couple of hours ("we're working on it"), the tour was not as advertised, and they took away the priority passes to Aladdin and Fantasmic, and Tracey and Jane lost valuable park time, we probably should get a full refund.
I hope so.

LuUUUuuuUUUcyyyyyyyy

I'm hommmmmmmmmmmeee!

:lmao:
:rotfl: Did you at least bring dinner??

Other than that, I think the VIP tour should RIP from now on for our meets.
I couldn't agree more.

Hey, Becci, for the right price YOU could be the first post after Beth's get-go, ya know. :teeth:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hey, Becci, for the right price YOU could be the first post after Beth's get-go, ya know. :teeth:

WHAT?!!! :eek:

Laptop, laptop, have my wish.....who's the fastest on the Dis?!! Me, that's who!!! Mwahahaha!!!
moty_angry_computer.gif

I say Callie, Stacie, and I track down that nice plaid at customer relations (what was his name again?), and beg for him. He was sooo nice, and gave Callie and I the inside scoop on some Club 33 things.
Heather

His name was Peter, but he said he wasn't a "tour trained plaid." :confused3 I've had two separate Lilly Belle conductors who could give a better VIP tour than Ryan or Ginger. Vern and D.J. from the DLRR SHOULD give VIP tours. They are both awesome!!!

Hope you're feeling better today, Heather! :hug:

You got it, Molly and Capri! To clarify, we originally were supposed to get the priority seatings for Aladdin and Fant, but for some reason they were taken away from us (punishment?) because we were cutting the tour short of our scheduled 6 hours.

The kicker, Mary Jo, is that after the first ride (IASM) which the guide rode in the back of the boat but never said a word - someone asked her, tell us something about Disneyland (rather than lead us in silence).

She said, "I don't know that much. This isn't the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. Why don't you all tell me what you know?"

Now I hope your reaction there at the computer is like ours - our jaws dropped. We paid $750 to hear that?????:confused3

Okay, enough of that. We were of the mind that we were not going to let this disappointment (it was to be the bulk of our Friday) spoil an otherwise wonderful diva meet.

KERRY and BETH, thank you for the confirmation about the visa discount. I will straighten out that other person pronto. Strangely though, it will not work in east coast WODs - I tried NY yesterday. The manager said they are run by a different corp than the DTD one.

Wow, I've never known MaryJo to tout her super secret moderator powers like that. Very scary. . . :scared1:
I like it. :banana: It's fun to have friends with powers. :rotfl:

Actually I think she used her powers to delete a post I saw on the front page. Either that or I'm seeing things!! :eek:
Princess Sitka I think it was. Come back! We weren't trying to scare you off, we just like to keep the first few posts for info. that's all. We'd love for you to join us. :)

We'd love to have you join us! It's a lot of fun as any of these gals will tell ya. :)

I have no troubles believing that! It's been so much fun just to follow along and I only wish I had jumped back in here in time to take part in this trip. But it will be made up for in two weeks when I go. I am definitely keeping my sights on going!

If your AP says "good through Aug 1" that means you can go to the park on Aug 1 on that pass?

I have no troubles believing that! It's been so much fun just to follow along and I only wish I had jumped back in here in time to take part in this trip. But it will be made up for in two weeks when I go. I am definitely keeping my sights on going!
Two weeks? Lucky you! Have fun!! :wizard: And vote for next year's dates if you haven't already. :thumbsup2

Sorry about the insc hassle, not a fun way to spend an afternoon.
I hope you got it all straightened up so you can get in for an appt to get that checked out. :hug:

I voted! I voted!:banana:

We are so bad, we can barely wait a week to start planning again! :rotfl:

Callie :hug: Get that taken care of, sorry the process is such a pain in the neck.

And I love that we added a day to the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter