• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Girls Only Disneyland Trip ~ Old thread, link to new one in first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry babe. I think my post slid in right before yours. Lets call it a tie.:thumbsup2

By the way, did you see my new award? :rolleyes1

First-place.jpg

:rotfl: :rotfl: Very cute! :thumbsup2
Yes, I bet you were just sitting at the computer hitting refresh until Beth gave us the green light to post. :surfweb: (not that I did that or anything;) )

Hi ladies, glad to see the new thread! :)

I spent the morning at the zoo with my kids and a neighbor girl who needed babysat this morning, and then this afternoon I've had a lovely time dealing with health insurance on the phone for 3+ hours. I am so mad I could spit! :mad:

All this because I turned 40, and the past few mornings I have had a tender spot on my breast and felt a pea-sized lump that I thought I should have checked out. I haven't been to a regular MD or DO in over 3 years and now I know why!! It really shouldn't be this hard to get some basic health care.

Ok, enough of my fun life. Excited to see the new poll! (not that I'll be participating):rolleyes1

I bet you were just sitting at the computer hitting refresh until Beth gave us the green light to post. :surfweb: (not that I did that or anything;) )
:rotfl:

I guess not! But that thread about laundry has gotten me up off my butt several times today, along with E's usual needs etc etc etc...and now the laundry is calling again! Ack!
There is a thread about laundry? :confused: It's bad enough I have to do laundry, why would anyone want to read about it? :rotfl:

Ok, enough of my fun life. Excited to see the new poll! (not that I'll be participating):rolleyes1
Well, the zoo sounds like fun. The 3-plus hours on the phone does not. :mad:
I'm sorry you are having to deal with that. You are right, it shouldn't be that hard. I hope you are able to make some head way and get things checked out. :hug:

(and yes, you need to participate in the poll!)

I'm here...and ready for another trip back to DL! Maybe I can talk DBF into going on Sunday...

I wanna go this time!!! I'm gonna start looking for a sitter now!!!
:rotfl: Well, it's good to be prepared. Might want to wait for the actual dates though. ;) :rotfl:
Glad you'll be joining us!!

I'm here...and ready for another trip back to DL! Maybe I can talk DBF into going on Sunday...
Me too. Sadly I can't hop over there like you can. I am so jealous. :p
I doubt I'll get back there before sometime in June. :rolleyes:
BTW, I forgot to tell you how much I loved your hair. It was pretty before but it's very striking now. :thumbsup2

I so want to go next year! I may have to forgo my birthday trip in September in order to make it.

Callie, I know health insurance is the biggest pain but good for you for planning to see the doctor about that lump. Earlier is always better and most of the time they are cysts but we have to know.

From the last thread, there was some discussion about the VIP tour that I can't quote now. Beth, you are so right. And Tracey had sent several emails and maybe even spoke on the phone with them about our needs, so this should have been clarified earlier. They had plenty of opportunity to say what that CM said -- that the VIP tour is for celebrities or a clueless first-timer (perhaps from a non-English speaking country) who needs to be shown where the rides are.

Tracey asked us to write her emails (or PMs) detailing our complaints, which I did. Anyone else on the VIP tour, please do that, so she has something to work with in her complaint. Considering we tried to stop the tour at 1 hour and 10 minutes in but got the runaround for the next couple of hours ("we're working on it"), the tour was not as advertised, and they took away the priority passes to Aladdin and Fantasmic, and Tracey and Jane lost valuable park time, we probably should get a full refund.

Did everyone who did the walk in Walt's footsteps enjoy their tour? I take it the headsets were so they could hear their tour guide? And were they mic'd up so they could ask questions of him?

...I've had a lovely time dealing with health insurance on the phone for 3+ hours. I am so mad I could spit! :mad:

...I haven't been to a regular MD or DO in over 3 years and now I know why!! It really shouldn't be this hard to get some basic health care.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time; you'd think they should be THANKING you for not using the dollars you've been paying in for you! When hubby was so so sick before his diabetes diagnosis, he was in the same boat, and we just went to our local MultiCare urgent care place...then over to the family doc side for the next appt (then we said "forget that dude" and self-referred to an endocrinologist who knew what he was talking about!). Any urgent cares with an attached "normal care" side you could go to?

They had plenty of opportunity to say what that CM said -- that the VIP tour is for celebrities or a clueless first-timer (perhaps from a non-English speaking country) who needs to be shown where the rides are.

I just went to the Tours page of disneyland.com.

Experience the VIP treatment as only Disney can provide! Our VIP Tour Services team customizes your vacation so you spend your time playing, not planning. Prepare to be pampered with a Disney VIP Tour!

From the moment you arrive, your personal VIP Guide is there to take care of everything:

* Creates your ideal personalized itinerary
* Serves as your personal guide, host, concierge and storyteller
* Obtains priority seating at some of our premier restaurants
* Arranges preferred seating for certain shows, parades and nighttime spectaculars

Your vacation, your itinerary, your storyteller. Priority seating, preferred seating.

Did this person not even read their own information??????

Furthermore, when looking at the other tours, when it IS for a newbie they tell you.

The Welcome to Disneyland tour states quite clearly: Additional Information

* This tour is intended for first time Guests and Guests who have not recently visited the Disneyland® Resort.

So they do know how to differentiate if necessary.

Ha! Thought you girls could hide from me over here huh?!?!

Well, I found you!!! You can't get rid of me that easily. :rolleyes1

I say Callie, Stacie, and I track down that nice plaid at customer relations (what was his name again?), and beg for him. He was sooo nice, and gave Callie and I the inside scoop on some Club 33 things. Other than that, I think the VIP tour should RIP from now on for our meets.

OK, talk with you all later!

Heather

I just went to the Tours page of disneyland.com.

Experience the VIP treatment as only Disney can provide! Our VIP Tour Services team customizes your vacation so you spend your time playing, not planning. Prepare to be pampered with a Disney VIP Tour!

From the moment you arrive, your personal VIP Guide is there to take care of everything:

* Creates your ideal personalized itinerary * Serves as your personal guide, host, concierge and storyteller
* Obtains priority seating at some of our premier restaurants
* Arranges preferred seating for certain shows, parades and nighttime spectaculars

If "creates your ideal personalized itinerary" is the same as a guide asking the group "So, what do you want to do now?".....then I need a better college education.:dance3:

I'm glad to see a new home and some new gals willing to join the craziness! :goodvibes

All this because I turned 40, and the past few mornings I have had a tender spot on my breast and felt a pea-sized lump that I thought I should have checked out. I haven't been to a regular MD or DO in over 3 years and now I know why!! It really shouldn't be this hard to get some basic health care.
Things we just don't understand. :sad2: I hope everything gets resolved, Callie, and that everything's okay. Please keep us posted.

I so want to go next year! I may have to forgo my birthday trip in September in order to make it.
Start planning, girl. It's so worth it. :)

From the last thread, there was some discussion about the VIP tour that I can't quote now. Beth, you are so right. And Tracey had sent several emails and maybe even spoke on the phone with them about our needs, so this should have been clarified earlier. They had plenty of opportunity to say what that CM said -- that the VIP tour is for celebrities or a clueless first-timer (perhaps from a non-English speaking country) who needs to be shown where the rides are.

Tracey asked us to write her emails (or PMs) detailing our complaints, which I did. Anyone else on the VIP tour, please do that, so she has something to work with in her complaint. Considering we tried to stop the tour at 1 hour and 10 minutes in but got the runaround for the next couple of hours ("we're working on it"), the tour was not as advertised, and they took away the priority passes to Aladdin and Fantasmic, and Tracey and Jane lost valuable park time, we probably should get a full refund.

Did everyone who did the walk in Walt's footsteps enjoy their tour? I take it the headsets were so they could hear their tour guide? And were they mic'd up so they could ask questions of him?
I'm so bummed for you guys that the VIP tour didn't work out. From what I get in your posts, you guys informed Disney in plenty of time what you wanted, and they knew your expectations. They should have either given you a guide worth the money, or refunded you right away. That's just crazy.

I was one of the ones on the WIWF tour, and thought it was pretty good. The earphones did help us a lot. When Ilagged the earphones started to crackle, so I knew to stay close to him. Also, the tour is pretty much set, with accompanying music and anecdotes about Disney from Walt's own words. I did ask the guide some questions that he didn't know the answers to, but I figured that the normal guest who is interested in a more personal aspect of Disney would really enjoy the tour, and didn't worry that my own questions weren't answered. I knew I could come here and ask ;). One of the things that I DID like on the tour was that we went on a few attractions - Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, the train - without having to wait, and got to hear some nice tidbits about those attractions. We also got to go in the lobby of Club 33 (even if it was to look longingly up the stairs to the dining area we weren't allowed to go to) :p. I have to say that our ride on the Jungle Cruise was great. Our skipper was really funny. I am easily amused, but I also sat next to Sarah, who was really cracking up. So I was laughing at the corny jokes, and laughing because Sarah was having so much fun it was contagious, and I couldn't help but laugh.

Hey, Becci, for the right price YOU could be the first post after Beth's get-go, ya know. :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter