Gift Suggestion for 9 yr. Old Girl in the $25 Range (A gift has been purchased.)

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
One of the kids I have left to buy for is a 9 yr. old girl. Her parents & grandmother say she loves everything, but the ideas I've mentioned have been shot down. To be fair, the child probably does like everything. It appears to be her Mom that doesn't want her to have them, which is fine.

Although she supposedly likes everything, her parents & grandmother don't have any suggestions. I already tried that. I'm hoping you guys can help with some ideas. :flower3:

Please, ignore my attitude tonight. As you can probably tell, I'm getting really stressed out over having so many gifts left to buy & no idea what to get.

Last edited:
My granddaughter is just turned 10 & loves anything & everything unicorn. I pick up anything unicorn related all thru the year & fill up a gift bag with it.
This year tho I also ordered a jewelry kit that includes enough charms/beads/and string to make 2 or 3 bracelets for around $15.00. I ordered from Temu but all the pieces are super good quality & also comes with a nice jewelry case.

What types of gifts have they shot down, other than stuffed animals? It sounds like they want some particular type of gift without coming right out to say it. Maybe we can figure out what they are looking for from what they have rejected.

Squishmallows would have been high on my suggestion list also. :sad1:

My granddaughter is just turned 10 & loves anything & everything unicorn. I pick up anything unicorn related all thru the year & fill up a gift bag with it.
This year tho I also ordered a jewelry kit that includes enough charms/beads/and string to make 2 or 3 bracelets for around $15.00. I ordered from Temu but all the pieces are super good quality & also comes with a nice jewelry case.
I ordered one of my great nieces unicorn themed slime (with her Mom's blessing) & the older sister of the girl in question a clay bead jewelry kit. Neither was suggested for the 9 year old, but I could ask.

What types of gifts have they shot down, other than stuffed animals? It sounds like they want some particular type of gift without coming right out to say it. Maybe we can figure out what they are looking for from what they have rejected.

Squishmallows would have been high on my suggestion list also. :sad1:
Stuffed animals & hair chalk with temp. extensions were rejected. One of the great nieces likes the hair stuff, but I was told not to get it for this one. Again, that's fine. They may be worried that it will damage her hair. I don't know.

A gift card to a specific store in a town that I don't live in was suggested. I would try to make that work, but I hate to give one child a gift card, when I've bought gifts for the other 17.

For that age, there are a lot of fun & cute craft kits - make your own snow globe, make your own soap, make your own jewelry, etc.

Is she a Taylor Swift fan? A Friendship Bracelet Kit could be fun.
This and the unicorn post reminded me that I saw a cute unicorn terrarium. I've never bought a terrarium. What do you guys think about that?

I don't know, if she's a Taylor Swift fan. She probably is. I appear to be one of the few that doesn't know her songs. :laughing:

Stuffed animals & hair chalk with temp. extensions were rejected. One of the great nieces likes the hair stuff, but I was told not to get it for this one. Again, that's fine. They may be worried that it will damage her hair. I don't know.

A gift card to a specific store in a town that I don't live in was suggested. I would try to make that work, but I hate to give one child a gift card, when I've bought gifts for the other 17.
Is there anything at that specific store you could buy in lieu of the gift card? Do they have a website?

Is there anything at that specific store you could buy in lieu of the gift card? Do they have a website?
Great minds think alike. :teeth: I tried that. It's an independent store in a small town with a FB page, but doesn't have any kids items listed.

Last edited:
I
One of the kids I have left to buy for is a 9 yr. old girl. Her parents & grandmother say she loves everything, but the ideas I've mentioned have been shot down. To be fair, the child probably does like everything. It appears to be her Mom that doesn't want her to have them, which is fine.

Although she supposedly likes everything, her parents & grandmother don't have any suggestions. I already tried that. I'm hoping you guys can help with some ideas. :flower3:

Please, ignore my attitude tonight. As you can probably tell, I'm getting really stressed out over having so many gifts left to buy & no idea what to get.
It Is really kind of you to buy a gift for this child who is distantly related to you! Sounds like you have a plan now, but I was going to share my two cents as the parent of a young child. Kids have so much stuff now and so many people buying them gifts it can be hard to think of things for everyone to buy them. I have often recycled unused presents my child received as gifts to other children and have also donated brand new items to charities. For children’s parties now I give cash - not very personal, but the child can have a fun day out with their parent and pick out something they like.

I

It Is really kind of you to buy a gift for this child who is distantly related to you! Sounds like you have a plan now, but I was going to share my two cents as the parent of a young child. Kids have so much stuff now and so many people buying them gifts it can be hard to think of things for everyone to buy them. I have often recycled unused presents my child received as gifts to other children and have also donated brand new items to charities. For children’s parties now I give cash - not very personal, but the child can have a fun day out with their parent and pick out something they like.

I understand kids having everything. That's one of the reasons I've suggested we draw names. The problem is the people who want us to buy for everyone are the same people who don't want to offer suggestions for their family. It gets really frustrating, but I'll get over it. We do have fun, when we're all together on Christmas Eve.
Just My opinion here,,
A gift comes from the heart. ❤️
Sorry you have to deal with grouchy people.
I would just tell them that you are not giving Gift Cards as you prefer to give an actual gift.
I love all the unicorn terrariums. 🦄
These are a few I looked at in Canada
https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=terrarium...519607&tag=googcana-20&ref=pd_sl_7nnwkptjv1_e

Best wishes for a great Holiday.🎄
:scared1: I saw the one I ordered on your link. I feel sorry for you having to pay those prices. It was $41.99 on your link & $22.99 (after coupon) on the US site. I didn't look to see, if it was CAD vs. USD.

Does your niece like books and horses? You could try going to Amazon and look for some horse book series. And a series I recommend is Golden Filly by Lauraine Snelling and the books are out of print but they have all the series in two volume book collections and the same author writes the High Hurdles series too which are also in two volume book collections

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter