Gideons cookies..OMG

It depends what time of year. If they are doing a virtual queue, then it could be anywhere from 1-3 hours before they call you back to the actual queue. Once in the actual queue or if they are only doing a real queue, then it's 15-45 minutes.

Thank you. It’s next week.

Thank you. It’s next week.
May not be too terrible then. It's not like Thanksgiving or xmas. I would stop by a soon as you get to Disney Springs and find out about the queue. They can usually give you a good estimate about how long the actual line is or when they will call you to return. You can always sign up for the virtual queue and cancel if it's not working out.

My problem with Gideon's right now is they are being very stingy with their use of the virtual queue. We stopped there after our cruise on 10/20 and arrived at around 10:30 am. The line was wrapped around the building and the girl walking around with the postcards said the wait was 90 minutes. When we asked about the virtual queue, she told us, "we continue to assess and will decide if we need it." I said, "with a 90 minute wait, you need it now."

We would have been happy to put our name on a list and then shop around a bit and come back, but we didn't have the time to stand there for 90 minutes. I'm not sure why they think this is a great way to conduct business.

It's not a contest. They're both lousy FOMO creations. :laughing:

We would have been happy to put our name on a list and then shop around a bit and come back, but we didn't have the time to stand there for 90 minutes. I'm not sure why they think this is a great way to conduct business.
Because people will do it. I agree, 90 minutes is a long time to stand in line for cookies, but if the line was 90 minutes long clearly enough people were willing to do just that. So from a business perspective it's clearly a great way for them to conduct business.

I thought I had heard that there was a cutoff, that if the line hit a certain physical point that's when they switched. I think it had something to do with blocking the entrance to Morimoto's? I could be wrong there, but I'm pretty sure there's an actual spot at which they switch to virtual.

I checked the virtual queue time last week and it was 3 1/2 hours. Granted that might be because a new cookie and merch was releasing but I've seen it get that long during holidays.
Yeah they had a ton of exclusive stuff last week, so that's not quite the norm for virtual queue wait (though yes it can get that long at peak times!).

Because people will do it. I agree, 90 minutes is a long time to stand in line for cookies, but if the line was 90 minutes long clearly enough people were willing to do just that. So from a business perspective it's clearly a great way for them to conduct business.

I thought I had heard that there was a cutoff, that if the line hit a certain physical point that's when they switched. I think it had something to do with blocking the entrance to Morimoto's? I could be wrong there, but I'm pretty sure there's an actual spot at which they switch to virtual.
I don't know if it is an actual spot that triggers the virtual line, but if so, its not the entrance to Morimoto. My partner has waite din the standby line many times when it stretches well past the Morimoto doors. I have always assumed the virtual line is triggered by the standby line reaching a certain estimated wait, but I do not know that for certain

I don't know if it is an actual spot that triggers the virtual line, but if so, its not the entrance to Morimoto. My partner has waite din the standby line many times when it stretches well past the Morimoto doors. I have always assumed the virtual line is triggered by the standby line reaching a certain estimated wait, but I do not know that for certain
I thought I read somewhere that they no longer use the virtual queue at all on weekdays now. I could be wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter