Gideons cookies..OMG

People aren't sheeple just because they line up for something that you don't like. I'll agree they're pricey, but what isn't at Disney World or anywhere really? I don't get the appeal of Mickey Bars especially at over $6.00, or Crumbl Cookies (which I had to try as well :teeth:), but everyone has different likes and tastes, and it's completely okay to recognize that.

Exactly! We got there early one day last March after reading their cookie reviews online. You won't know if you like something unless give it a try right? My weakness is baked goods, cakes, cookies, you name it, so I had to get one cookie as a taste test, not because the long line of people made me want to go in there. :rolleyes2 After realizing I loved everything about that chocolate chip cookie, I knew I was a fan, but now we go to their Orlando location when we're in the area instead. So am I a sheeple or just someone who loves cookies?
Maybe ... possibly ... you're both!!!!!
1694718698201.png

I don't remember a smell but I wasn't a huge fan of their cookies for the wait! It's also a lil too spooky in there for me! :laughing:

I really like the pistachio one. Good combo of sweet and salty. The others I have tried are good but a bit overwhelming. The small chocolate covered ones are really good. Cold brew is good too. Crumbl is ok. They ticked me off last time we went there. The chocolate chip cookie was barely warm. It would have been warmer if I had left it out in the Texas sun. I actually like to get those disgusting mass-produced frosted sugar cookies from the grocery store maybe once a year. My family calls them the scary cookies, because how do the cookies and frosting stay soft for so long. Miracle of modern chemistry 🤣 I do love a soft cookie and frosting though. Each to his own. Makes me think a certain poster is just constantly bitter about everything. I rarely see a nice or positive post from them. More cookies for me🤣

To each their own. We absolutely LOVE their cookies! We had them for the first time last April (from the Disney Springs store), and have been going back ever since. If the line's too long we head over to their Orlando location because the wait is non-existant and the menu's exactly the same.
My teens dragged me there and I complained the entire time in a hot and humid line. I complained inside in the 10 minute Air Conditioned line and I complained when I saw the cash register tally the total. Then we went outside and I ate the coffee cake cookie. A few days later on our "pool day", the wife and I went alone and each brought 1/2 dozen to bring back to the room. Then I read the History of Gideon's from London on their website. I GET IT NOW. Love waking up at Disney to a pot of Joffrey's and a cold Gideon's coffee cake cookie from the fridge.

Can anyone compare the cookies from Gideon's to those from Levain Bakery? I love the ones from Levain but I don't know that I'd stand in line more than 10-15 minutes for them. I'm lucky that my son lives in Manhattan and he just orders Levain cookies through Door Dash a few hours before he's leaving to come visit us and brings the cookies with him. No line waiting involved. :)
They are comparable in size. I like the softness of Gideon’s cookies because they are meant to be “underbaked” without actually being that way.

Levain cookies are good, but I really only prefer them warmed up. Once they are soft, I’d say the texture is a little closer to Gideons, but Levain’s texture and crumb feels “more baked”, if that makes sense.

We love that Gideons cookies freeze really well and defrost quickly. It’s a nice treat months after coming back from WDW.

I see a Gideons cookie and it doesn't look the least bit appetizing to me.

Many of them look like they are covered with a handful of uncooked chocolate, or butterscotch chips. How do they even bake a cookie and leave the chips covering it unmelted?

I would give one a chance, but, I doubt it will happen because if there's even 2 people in line I wouldn't wait for one.

1694956340564.png

same here, we went once and never again. they're way too thick, too dense and cake-like for our taste. the shop is super cute though, I love the aesthetics and theme.

Gideon's is FOMO ground zero. The cookies are gummy and expensive (fact, not opinion), and the sheeple keep lining up.

Aw, c'mon. It's OK to admit you felt just the slightest twinge of jealously and excitement when you saw all those people leaving with the much coveted large Gideon's brown paper shopping bags! 🤓

PS: It's sheeple: sheep + people.

That's because the DS location is essentially just a brick-and-mortar food truck. There's no baking happening at that particular bakehouse. Anything bought there came in on a truck, ready-to-sell. Gotta love 'em, though, they keep the FOMOs standing in line.

It's MAGIC! Better get in line now. 🪄
We get it. You don't like the cookies at Gideon's Bakehouse.

Maybe allow for the fact that some people DO like them and are willing to wait a while in line to get them instead of every post condescendingly mocking those folks as lemmings?

I'm sure there are foods, rides, shows, etc. that you enjoy but others wouldn't wait 5 minutes for (some would make that argument about WDW as a whole!). To each their own.

Last edited:
We’re not fans either, which makes me happy that I never care that the line is ridiculously long.
I am not a fan of anything I need to line up 40 minutes for. Queuing for rides is bad enough. :)

Those Pillsbury dough cookie sheets of dough you can get in the yogurt area of the supermarket. I've yet to find a better cookie! haha

I have to say, the peanut butter chocolate cake was fabulous at Gideons. I’d line up for that again and again.
Ooo...that sounds good. I've only been once and I got a slice of Andes mint chocolate cake. It was delicious. It wasn't virtual queue "return in two hours" delicious, but it was yummy.

I went to Gideon's earlier this month - second time there (first time was last year). Waited total of around 40-50 minutes in line, got the September flavours (orange pecan and lemon poppyseed) as well as the bites (cold brew covered in chocolate).

Orange pecan - OK, not too bad.

Lemon poppyseed - I tried really hard to like this but got through less than half the cookie before I threw the rest away. I think it felt a bit too underbaked for me.

Cold brew bites - OK.

Overall - I think I'm quite lukewarm on the cookies, some have been good but I really did not like the lemon poppyseed cookie. I'm not sure if I'll be back on future trips (as I think I prefer Ben's cookies which I can get where I live - which are cheaper and only need a few minutes' wait at most!)

Can anyone compare the cookies from Gideon's to those from Levain Bakery? I love the ones from Levain but I don't know that I'd stand in line more than 10-15 minutes for them. I'm lucky that my son lives in Manhattan and he just orders Levain cookies through Door Dash a few hours before he's leaving to come visit us and brings the cookies with him. No line waiting involved. :)
I find Levain to be better in terms of quality and overall taste. Gideon’s is comparable in size but for me that’s where the similarities end. Gideon’s are a lot denser and have borderline too much going on to taste much of any of the flavor. I’d take Levain 10 times out of 10 - not to say that Gideon’s cookies are bad, they’re just definitely overhyped.

The cake slices and cold brews, however, now THOSE are worth any wait.

What kind of wait should I be expecting, if I enter the queue before dinner at T-Rex? It’s on a Monday night with dinner at 7.

What kind of wait should I be expecting, if I enter the queue before dinner at T-Rex? It’s on a Monday night with dinner at 7.
It depends what time of year. If they are doing a virtual queue, then it could be anywhere from 1-3 hours before they call you back to the actual queue. Once in the actual queue or if they are only doing a real queue, then it's 15-45 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter