• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Ghislaine

I don't disagree with your assessment, but I do have to wonder why you would seek to watch the trial if you think it might make you sick. I would generally advise avoiding anything that might cause distress.
Then let me help with the wondering, it goes like this: If all were to follow this recommendation then evil everywhere would just keep blossoming in the darkness. I'll watch for the victims sakes.

You are completely misreading what this person is saying. Based on this thread as well as past threads it is clear that these situations affect you. While some of us are fortunate to have avoided such experiences, we should be able to discuss matters and have opinions without the condescension. Be as angry as you wish, but don't berate others for not being as angry as you think they should.
I don't think others should be angry, I get and can understand apathy in the world. WHat I have a problem with isn't apathy, it is offering some sort of life preserver to a condemnable enterprise.

I don't think others should be angry, I get and can understand apathy in the world. WHat I have a problem with isn't apathy, it is offering some sort of life preserver to a condemnable enterprise.

...and who tossed the life-preserver?

I read somewhere this thing is going to drag on for SIX weeks! Ugh.

I think lots of people feel the way you do about holding back but to me the whole innocent until guilty rule is how it works for the authorities, but neither I nor is anyone else in the public (including you) is under any such an obligation. We really shouldn't declare opinion as fact, but our opinions and feelings are free to roam and land wherever they want, that is still within our rights.

Sure. But other than law enforcement and prosecutors, there are professional standards in journalism about people being accused vs convicted. I don’t know of anything that requires that the public can’t make assumptions about guilt or innocence based on what is known. As far as I can tell, the knowledge of what Ghislaine Maxwell did to enable Jeffery Epstein is just overwhelming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter