"Get your elbows off the table!!!" A marathon weekend TR completed 3/22

I so agree with you on FOTLK show. It is such a wonderful show. I skipped going to it the first couple of times I went to AK and then went to it for the first time last year and was kicking myself for skipping it. It's just wonderfully done and I walk out from it singing and happy.

The shot of your grandma on Dinosaur is sort of hilarious. Poor woman. But the shot of her and your aunt is lovely. :cloud9:

I so agree with you on FOTLK show. It is such a wonderful show. I skipped going to it the first couple of times I went to AK and then went to it for the first time last year and was kicking myself for skipping it. It's just wonderfully done and I walk out from it singing and happy. The shot of your grandma on Dinosaur is sort of hilarious. Poor woman. But the shot of her and your aunt is lovely. :cloud9:

Yes I won't skip that show. We keep laughing at that dinosaur photo, just wait for test track.

You know it's weird, I was right there by that snowman in December and I don't remember seeing it at all. Wonder if it wasn't out yet or I was just completely oblivious to it?

Is it wrong that I laughed out loud when I saw the ride photo of your grandma? She looks scared out of her mind!

I love, love, love Festival of the Lion King and your pictures are amazing. I have an awful time getting good ones in there but of course I only have a point and shoot.

Thanks for posting all the pictures of FOTLK. I'm trying to decide if we should see that or the Nemo show at AK so this is helpful. :thumbsup2

You know it's weird, I was right there by that snowman in December and I don't remember seeing it at all. Wonder if it wasn't out yet or I was just completely oblivious to it?

Is it wrong that I laughed out loud when I saw the ride photo of your grandma? She looks scared out of her mind!

I love, love, love Festival of the Lion King and your pictures are amazing. I have an awful time getting good ones in there but of course I only have a point and shoot.

No it's not wrong she laughs at it as well. Thanks, I'm really loving my new camera hopefully I can continue to learn more about it and different ways to use it.

Thanks for posting all the pictures of FOTLK. I'm trying to decide if we should see that or the Nemo show at AK so this is helpful. :thumbsup2

I would definitely try and see both if you can. If not definitely FOTLK, we didn't go to nemo this time but it's still a good show.

Looking forward to reading more of your trip report. We were at Disney for a few days the same time, and it was very cold - especially Friday. We also really enjoy the FOLK.

Looking forward to reading more of your trip report. We were at Disney for a few days the same time, and it was very cold - especially Friday. We also really enjoy the FOLK.
Thanks for following along. I agree it was quite cold but still better than wisconsin.

After the show we realized Expedition Everest has reopened. We headed back towards it and saw a really long FP line. My grandparents and aunt decided to sit this one out. We tried to convince my aunt but she wouldn't go on. We hopped in line an edit actually moved very quickly so we were in, in about 10 minutes.

As soon as the ride went backwards my uncle said Pauline would have not liked this one. Which is why I didn't tell her it went backwards when trying to convince but that still didn't work.

We took some more Photopass photos near the tree and Expedition Everest. These were actually before our ride on everest and FOTLK but I forgot to put them in.

I don't know what my uncle was looking at.

Out last FP was for Kilimanjaro Safaris one of my favorite things to do in all of WDW. I have to say that this was one of the most active safaris animal wise that I have been on.

We left AK after that. It was close to 3 PM and I needed to get to the expo to pick up my stuff and do some shopping before the race.

Up Next: Just take all of my money! and a Surprise...

Sounds like a great day at Animal Kingdom! You definitely made some good FP+ picks...we didn't make it there for our marathon weekend trip and I definitely regret it. :(

Great pics from the safari. Love that ride. You got some awesome photopass pictures too.

Sounds like a great day at Animal Kingdom! You definitely made some good FP+ picks...we didn't make it there for our marathon weekend trip and I definitely regret it. :(

Yes it was a great day at AK. I just love that park.

Great pics from the safari. Love that ride. You got some awesome photopass pictures too.
We tried to take advantage of as many photopass photos as we could because we had memory maker.

Great family PP shots! Interested to see what you purchased at the expo! :thumbsup2

I didn't buy a lot but I definitely could've.

So we got back to POR. Everyone was tired from our first full day even though it was only 3:30 but my grandpa decided he wanted to go with me to the expo. We were on a bus to the expo at 4:30. I headed in and got my bib #63414. It was kind of ironic that our area code where we live in Wisconsin is 414. I looked at the merchandise in the HP Pavilion and I bought something from there but I don't remember what it was out of the things I bought. Then I headed to the Jostens center for T shirt pick up and to look around.

So I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't more merchandise for the 10k. But with that said it motivated me to do the bigger races in the future which I really want to now. I'm really interested in running Goofy or even Dopey but we'll see.

I did buy a pair go the goofy shoes because they had my size luckily and where else can you get disney shoes. My mom also gave me money to get her a pair of the women shoes, she even said I'll fit into a kids size if I have too. They were sold out of everything in women and biggest size in kids was a 4.

I bought a 2015 WDW marathon weekend shirt and the 10k pin as well.

I really wanted the runDisney magicband but of course they were sold out. I collect Vinylmations so I had to get the 2015 runDisney one. I also have the 2014 one even though I didn't run that year but I knew someone who did that got it for me.

My mom also really wanted a Dooney and Bourke marathon purse. She wanted the letter carrier but they didn't have any so she settled on the cross body.

We headed out of the expo by 6:30. If I was running the half or full I would've definitely bought more there is no doubt about it. We decided to meet the rest of the group and the food court. I had a little surprise in the works anyways.

My grandmas birthday is in January and since we would be there a week before it I decided we would celebrate it while we were there. I of course did my research prior and decided to order a cake. I wanted something that had a bit more customization but when ordering I decided on just getting the Mickey Shaped cake. The cake cost $54 but it was totally worth it because she was really surprised. You only turn the young age of 78 once!

We ate dinner before the cake obviously but the cake was really quite delicious. We had leftovers and even took some home on the plane. It was an early bed time because tomorrow was Race Day!!!

Up Next: My first ever runDisney event!

It really must have been cold the day you were there, I see gloves in that EE picture!

You got some really nice PP pictures. I was about to ask what your Uncle was looking at when you mentioned it. You aunt seems to have the same problem in the next set. Of course it is Disney and there are lots of things to look at! :rotfl:

Awesome pictures from the Safari. It always seems to me that the cooler it is, the more active the animals are.

Oh, I really want that Pluto lanyard. :thumbsup2 I love all the stuff you got, especially the shoes. I have several of the Dooneys but didn't care for the race one because it doesn't have Pluto on it. Got to have my priorities straight. :lmao:

That is a really cute cake that you got for your Grandma!

It really must have been cold the day you were there, I see gloves in that EE picture! You got some really nice PP pictures. I was about to ask what your Uncle was looking at when you mentioned it. You aunt seems to have the same problem in the next set. Of course it is Disney and there are lots of things to look at! :rotfl: Awesome pictures from the Safari. It always seems to me that the cooler it is, the more active the animals are. Oh, I really want that Pluto lanyard. :thumbsup2 I love all the stuff you got, especially the shoes. I have several of the Dooneys but didn't care for the race one because it doesn't have Pluto on it. Got to have my priorities straight. :lmao: That is a really cute cake that you got for your Grandma!
It was cold and we didn't really prepare that well for it. All of our PP photos someone is looking elsewhere oh well what can you do. I've always gone in the dead heat of July so they aren't as active then that does make sense tho. The shoes are expensive but I think it was worth it. She lived the cake and it was really good.

Nice cake for grandma! :thumbsup2 What a good grandson you are!

Yeah, I don't understand why runDisney doesn't have 5K- and 10K-specific merchandise. I mean, I'm sure people would buy it. :confused3

That stinks that there weren't any good shoe choices for your mom! Glad you got a pair for yourself though.

Looking forward to your 10K recap! :)

Nice cake for grandma! :thumbsup2 What a good grandson you are! Yeah, I don't understand why runDisney doesn't have 5K- and 10K-specific merchandise. I mean, I'm sure people would buy it. :confused3 That stinks that there weren't any good shoe choices for your mom! Glad you got a pair for yourself though. Looking forward to your 10K recap! :)
Thanks!
I was kind of bummed out that they didn't have much more for the 10k but I didn't care I still bought a bunch of stuff.

The cake is adorable and so thoughtful of you!!

I also can't understand why they don't have more merchadise for the 5 and 10K. You know they would sell it. :confused3

Glad you got a pair of shoes though and a Dooney for your mom. I know I love my little Dooney that I bought.

So excited to read about your race! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter