Get your bridal butt in gear! Motivational thread!

Well I did it...even had DF measure me afterwards...i had taken measurements a couple weeks ago and it looks like i lost 2 inches in the waist and 1 on the arms!

Well I did it...even had DF measure me afterwards...i had taken measurements a couple weeks ago and it looks like i lost 2 inches in the waist and 1 on the arms!

thats awesome!!!! :cheer2:

I think i need to get a Wii Fit! Does it really help? I'm going to go do soem research on it!

I am thinking of joining WW on Monday or Thurs of next week (those are the only days the meeting times will work for me) My prblm with WW is, I always start off great, then fizzle out and fall off the wagon.

I am the same way! We all need to keep eachother motivated to stay on track!:thumbsup2

My wedding's in 51 days. I'm working full time plus overtime as a nurse on nights in an icu stepdown, scrambling to get my stuff together so I can start my dream job of Labor & Delivery in 10 days, the fiance and I are house hunting so we have a place to live after the honeymoon, and showers/bachelorette parties/final wedding planning stuff is everywhere.

I am exhausted and have zero motivation to do anything. Oh yes, and my dress has SHRUNK (haha denial is nice) and i have 3 weeks to get into it

I have NO motivation. HELP.

My wedding's in 51 days. I'm working full time plus overtime as a nurse on nights in an icu stepdown, scrambling to get my stuff together so I can start my dream job of Labor & Delivery in 10 days, the fiance and I are house hunting so we have a place to live after the honeymoon, and showers/bachelorette parties/final wedding planning stuff is everywhere.

I am exhausted and have zero motivation to do anything. Oh yes, and my dress has SHRUNK (haha denial is nice) and i have 3 weeks to get into it

First, YOU CAN DO IT!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I thought that my dress had shrunk too but apparently the bridal shop ordered it a size smaller by mistake. Well instead of taking it back i decided that I like a challenge! I am now down 14 lbs and 22 inches. And trust me if I can do it, you can do it! :lmao: Not that I'm lazy or anything... I just don't like to exercise and I love to eat! Can't wait to hear about how you fit into you dress!!!!!!

:banana::banana:YAY!!!!!!!!:banana::banana:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

You can do it!! Good luck!

Okay, I've been ignoring this thread, because I dont want to be here!! :sad2: Please, all you DISbrides that have those months ahead of you, it goes by FAST, and pretty soon, your wedding is just around the corner, and you're thinking "I had all those months, now my wedding is in 6 weeks, and I still haven't lost any weight!!".

Oh, and when I say "you", I mean "me". :rolleyes:

Please learn from my mistake!!

Anyway, my name is Kelly, and I know I'm not going to lose any massive amount of weight before May 16th, but I'd still like to lose at least 10 (of the 40) I need to lose. I've joined Curves, which really does give me a good workout. I've also started going to Walmart every Monday morning and stocking up on Healthy Choices for lunch for the week (we have a freezer at work), so I'm not tempted to eat out. Oh, and my biggest weakness is PEPSI!!!

Good luck to us all! :banana: (If we all dance like this banana 24/7, we will reach our goals before we know it)

Kelly, I am in the same boat! I thought that I would lose the 30lbs I need to lose. Instead I put on 10 stress eating. I am 5 weeks away and hoping I can get the dress zipped. YIKES!

I joined curves too.... and I didn't go for a month. YikeS! :scared1: But I have decided that I have 3 months so now is the time! Kelly I'm sure you will look fabulous on your wedding day! Even at sunrise, which is a hard thing to do! :rotfl2: The wonderful ladies at curves told me that it only works if you go so apparently you have to go! WE CAN DO IT LADIES!!!!! :goodvibes

Kelly, I am in the same boat! I thought that I would lose the 30lbs I need to lose. Instead I put on 10 stress eating. I am 5 weeks away and hoping I can get the dress zipped. YIKES!

Doesn't it drive you crazy, that you had "all the time in the world", and now it's just around the corner? I've been kicking myself for the last couple of weeks, which I know is counter-productive. :sad1: Gregg really doesn't get it....he says he was happy with the person he proposed to. :) Sweet, but clueless :rotfl: I feel your pain, I'm a stress eater too. Hopefully, we'll be able to talk each other away from the donuts! :upsidedow

I joined curves too.... and I didn't go for a month. YikeS! But I have decided that I have 3 months so now is the time! Kelly I'm sure you will look fabulous on your wedding day! Even at sunrise, which is a hard thing to do! The wonderful ladies at curves told me that it only works if you go so apparently you have to go! WE CAN DO IT LADIES!!!!!

Imagine that!! :rotfl: I thought the inches were suppose to melt off when we pay them! :lmao: Wouldn't that be nice? Seriously though, you know what I like about it? I love plugging my card in after the workout and seeing how many calories I burned while exercising, and it really is an appitite suppressant. Let's hear it for us!! :cheer2:

What helps motivate me when I am down is this.....Imagine yourself looking at those wedding photos....What do you want to see or feel?

Gregg really doesn't get it....he says he was happy with the person he proposed to. :) Sweet, but clueless :rotfl: QUOTE]

You know what though, Gregg is right. If only we weren't so weight obsessed.

I was just thinking about it this way. I am 8 lbs heavier then I was when DH and I started dating. Who cares? He loves me regardless and it's not like it is 80 lbs or some crazy huge number. It's 8lbs...:rotfl:

But unfortunately, I have 33 days to get my dress to zip up (yes it still has 2 inches to go :scared1:) and be comfortable in it. That is my goal. To lose some back and stomach fat and just be comfotable in the dress. I could care less about losing so much that the dress needs to be taken in. I think I will look great regardless what weight I am cause I get to marry my sweetheart in WDW!

We can all do this. We have strength in numbers.:banana:

thats great! I actually did okay this weekend....food didnt go so great but I worked out T, W, Th and increased my times and reps each day..... Something that helped me yesterday on the elleptical that i hadnt tried b4 was my ipod...it really motivated me and I want to make a playlist this weekend :) Most motivating song? Maneater by Nelly Furtrado LOL

You know what though, Gregg is right. If only we weren't so weight obsessed.

I was just thinking about it this way. I am 8 lbs heavier then I was when DH and I started dating. Who cares? He loves me regardless and it's not like it is 80 lbs or some crazy huge number. It's 8lbs...

But unfortunately, I have 33 days to get my dress to zip up (yes it still has 2 inches to go ) and be comfortable in it. That is my goal. To lose some back and stomach fat and just be comfotable in the dress. I could care less about losing so much that the dress needs to be taken in. I think I will look great regardless what weight I am cause I get to marry my sweetheart in WDW!

We can all do this. We have strength in numbers.

I know Gregg's right...and you are right too, we shouldn't be so obsessed. But like you, I have a dress I need to fit into! :headache:

You know what I'm looking forward to? (This is bad) Going on my honeymoon and eating all that wonderful Disney food, and not thinking a thing about my weight!! That is helping me through these next 6 weeks...no I can't have my Friday donut, BUT, I am having that Banana Foster at Ohana's in One month, two weeks, and 1 day!

Morning Gals!! Hope you are waking up energized and ready to watch those calories and exercise! :banana::banana: Uh, you don't need to shoot me, I'll just go hang myself. :lmao:

Seriously tho....this is how my normal Friday goes. Every Friday is Gregg and My "Date night". We have "our" steakhouse (The Point), that is in the middle of nowhere, Missouri, that we go to, and we are treated like royalty (Gregg tips well) Actually, we've been so often, we've made friends there and the staff are so friendly and fun. Anyway, every Friday, we go to The Point and I have a glass of red wine, and we sit and catch up on the week while eating appitizers (usually onion straws, yum), and then on to a big ol fully loaded baked potato, and medium-rare T Bone.

Anyway, on date night, because I know we are having a big dinner, I skip lunch....and because I know I'm skipping lunch, I eat two donuts in the morning. :rotfl2: :sad2:

Well, in honor of this thread, today I skipped my donuts, and informed Gregg that until we get married, we are going to The Point every-other Friday, instead of every Friday (hey I'm not a saint!).

I'm missing my donuts and steak already!! :rolleyes: But, oh boy, I have a three cheese ziti Healthy Choice in the freezer for lunch! :dance3:

What are your plans for the day?!

Morning Gals!! Hope you are waking up energized and ready to watch those calories and exercise! :banana::banana: Uh, you don't need to shoot me, I'll just go hang myself. :lmao:

Seriously tho....this is how my normal Friday goes. Every Friday is Gregg and My "Date night". We have "our" steakhouse (The Point), that is in the middle of nowhere, Missouri, that we go to, and we are treated like royalty (Gregg tips well) Actually, we've been so often, we've made friends there and the staff are so friendly and fun. Anyway, every Friday, we go to The Point and I have a glass of red wine, and we sit and catch up on the week while eating appitizers (usually onion straws, yum), and then on to a big ol fully loaded baked potato, and medium-rare T Bone.

Anyway, on date night, because I know we are having a big dinner, I skip lunch....and because I know I'm skipping lunch, I eat two donuts in the morning. :rotfl2: :sad2:

Well, in honor of this thread, today I skipped my donuts, and informed Gregg that until we get married, we are going to The Point every-other Friday, instead of every Friday (hey I'm not a saint!).

I'm missing my donuts and steak already!! :rolleyes: But, oh boy, I have a three cheese ziti Healthy Choice in the freezer for lunch! :dance3:

What are your plans for the day?!

YAY! Kelly way to be on top of things although a steak and a loaded baked potato and donuts sound really really really good. I was telling my mom that I used to have grilled cheese sandwiches all the time and now i haven't had cheese in like a month. It's Crazinesss!!!!!! Well anyways I had to tell DF the same thing. Just because he is a Marine and he exercises all the time and he can eat what he wants doesn't mean that I can. Although I wish I could :rotfl2:

So for me every Friday I work at a spa and the owner is also trying to lose weight so on Friday nights we pick a healthy meal option and do take out. Last week we had chinese and i got everything steamed and sauce on the side and it was still really really good. :thumbsup2 So anyways this morning I went to Curves as soon as I woke up, which should have been a lot earlier, and I worked out. This is the first time that I have been three times in one week and I was kinda worn out. So it wasn't the best workout but hey at least I went there and I did my thing!

SO HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES! :banana: REMEMBER YOU CAN DO IT! :banana:

YAY! Kelly way to be on top of things although a steak and a loaded baked potato and donuts sound really really really good. I was telling my mom that I used to have grilled cheese sandwiches all the time and now i haven't had cheese in like a month. It's Crazinesss!!!!!! Well anyways I had to tell DF the same thing. Just because he is a Marine and he exercises all the time and he can eat what he wants doesn't mean that I can. Although I wish I could :rotfl2:

So for me every Friday I work at a spa and the owner is also trying to lose weight so on Friday nights we pick a healthy meal option and do take out. Last week we had chinese and i got everything steamed and sauce on the side and it was still really really good. :thumbsup2 So anyways this morning I went to Curves as soon as I woke up, which should have been a lot earlier, and I worked out. This is the first time that I have been three times in one week and I was kinda worn out. So it wasn't the best workout but hey at least I went there and I did my thing!

SO HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES! :banana: REMEMBER YOU CAN DO IT! :banana:

Yay for you getting your exercise early!! :banana: I guess I'll hit Curves after work today. Does your curves have the little card things that you plug into the machines? I love seeing how many calories I burn (except then, I want to go eat the equal amount of calories burned, in french fries)

Uh, maybe I'm not the most inspirational person for this thread! :confused3

Have a good healthy lunch Ashley, you're doing great!!

Yay for you getting your exercise early!! :banana: I guess I'll hit Curves after work today. Does your curves have the little card things that you plug into the machines? I love seeing how many calories I burn (except then, I want to go eat the equal amount of calories burned, in french fries)

Uh, maybe I'm not the most inspirational person for this thread! :confused3

Have a good healthy lunch Ashley, you're doing great!!

:rotfl: Kelly I totally agree with you about wanting to eat those calories! MMMMM.... French Fries! I have been baking them at home so they aren't so bad for you.

I have the card thing at my curves and I did really well all week but this morning my numbers went down a bit but thats ok. It's been a long week!

I can't wait because in 3 months and 1 day I will be sitting at the pool bar at the GF and drinking a nice big MARGARITA!!!!!!! :dance3: But until then I will stick to the plan. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter