~~ Genie's Magic Carpet Tours ~ Oct. 5, 2013 Eastern Fantasy Ship ~~

pixiehallow said:
Welcome to the group!!!

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

I am sure TiggerB will get you onto the roll call shortly.:jumping1:

Now, Watch your PM for a special invite for our Yahoo Group page:surfweb:
and get ready for some planning and fun:cool1:

OH!!!!!! I almost forgot. Are you interested in joining the FE ????

What's FE ?

What's FE ?

Moranofam~
Here is a post I placed on the groups Yahoo page about that question.

An FE is a Fish Extender.
I am not an expert on this, and I am counting on those of you who may be to add
to this with your expertise.

What I do understand is that when you join an FE, you are signing up for a
magical gift exchange. On your own type of Ship Board Detective Agency, you
will secretly deliver prizes to other group member's staterooms, and place them
in bags, similar to shoe organizers, hung on the fish outside the stateroom.
Thus the name fish extender.

If you go to the DIS board and search FE lists, you will get several posts to
look threw. On these different posts, there are pics of FE's and gifts
received.

If anyone has pictures of their own FE or gifts please post them here.

Then as a follow up to my post, TiggerB added some more helpful info:teacher: (you can find her answer in post #2 of this thread)

I hope this helps answer your question.:flower3:

~Tink~

I was incorrect about the corking Fee. It was $20 a bottle.

The following was copied from the cruise site:

Beverage Policy

Question
What is the policy regarding bringing alcoholic beverages on board?
Answer

Alcohol is permitted on board. However, any fragile items (including alcoholic beverages) must be hand-carried on board in the carry-on of an adult Guest – age 21 or older (dimensions can't exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep).

Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.

Guests who arrive in the dining room, including Palo and Remy, with a bottle of champagne or wine will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.

Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from checked luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.

But, as TiggerB stated, we have time to figure the fine details out.

Howdy from Texas Everyone

Our surprise trip for our 12 year olds birthday is officially planned:D
We are heading to Disneyland / Carsland mid-September.

Why am I sharing you ask :-/

Well, I have 2 reasons.......

1st, I was thinking that if anyone was going to be in either Las Vegas (it was cheaper to fly into and out of Las Vegas and get a rental car), or Southern California, that maybe we could plan a meet.

and

2nd, If anyone has any special picture requests (you know like of the new Carsland), or anything, they could post them and let me know.

***It may not be the cruise, but it will still give me my Disney-Fix :x (you know - being a Disney - aholic and all -{gotta share my new shirt design for that one with y'all later})****

P.S. TiggerB, do you think I need to post this on the old thread as well????
:confused:

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :cool1:

Have a great cruise!

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :cool1:

Have a great cruise!

We are going to celebrate our 10th anniversary! it is DH and I and dd (7) dd (8)

so excited!

I am up for a wine tasting too!

monami7 said:
We are going to celebrate our 10th anniversary! it is DH and I and dd (7) dd (8)

so excited!

I am up for a wine tasting too!

That's exciting!
We are just celebrating !

Please add us to the list!! Sooooo excited about our FIRST Disney Cruise!!:yay:
It will be me, DH, DS 11, DD 9, and DS 7.
And glad we found out about the FE's early enough...I love crafts and can't wait to start making stuff! :cheer2:

We will post info here as things get added... includes pre-trip meets too :)

Let the Fun Begin! :thumbsup2

1. Wine Meet: Share a bottle of wine that is from your own "local area" with the others :drinking:

Okay, All of the halloween stuff is in the stores, and that has got me thinking about next years pirates night on our cruise. I am pretty sure we mentioned this on the other thread, but I thought it would be good to get it posted on our one stop cruise shop as well.

Who is interested in meeting up Pirate Night pirate: and sharing our Disney Magic talents to make over some pirates.
We could do our own Pirate lair (and save $30 a pirate).
Who knows how to make the make up look like a stubble beard, or a black eye? :artist:
My oldest thinks he remembers how to make realistic scars from theater class.
Any other ideas?????:crazy:

Our group calender is now available on our group page.:cool1:
So head over and start adding birthdays, meets, and any thing else that comes to mind. :hyper:

~Tink~

Count us in for the FE too :-)

Disboard name: Epfootballcutie04
Real Name: Crissa (27 at time of sailing) and Tim (23 at time of sailing)
Celebrating: 2nd wedding anniversary (met while working at disney world- got married at disney world- went on the dream for our 1dt anniversary and on the fantasy for the 2nd anniversary for this cruise!)

State room number for this cruise will be: 6058
No kids with us.
This will be my 5th Disney Cruise (6th if you count the big red boat) and hubbys 2nd disney cruise :-) **I'm already starting to spoil him!** :-)

Let me know if you need any other information from me!!

Oh great I'm so excited about this! Can't wait to try everyone's local wines! :cool1:

I work at Cannon River Winery in Cannon Falls, MN : ) Definitely feel free to come by! It is a cute winery and we love to have a good time! :banana:

Pixiehallow that is a VERY good thing to know. Thank you for finding that out! :worship: We would have been in pretty big trouble otherwise! I'd host in my room but it is going to just be the standard verandah size. $25 per bottle would be a bit ridiculous I think. I'm all for figuring out ways around this :rolleyes1

Well, while I procrastinate finishing parade signs for tomorrow, ok, back issues are delaying them to be made :headache:... I will come check in on here. :)

Welcome to our newest member :banana:. You are added to the Roll Call list.

If any errors are found, let me know!

I have heard about Cannon Falls Winery. We may have to road trip down... Maybe in the Fall with all the Fall colors. :thumbsup2. Winehaven is my favorite. I am a sweeter wine sort of gal. I think we can TOTALLY come up with a plan for wine tasting.... I thought the corking fee was for i:moped: in the dining room use. :confused3.

We have time to plan and strategize!

Well, time to finish signs. Baseball tourney all day tomorrow in mid to upper 90's as well as high dew points and humidity.

Wow! Got some good ol' MN folk in here :-) I grew up in Eden Prairie, MN and lived there for 23 years before taking my college internship at Disney World and then moving to Indianapolis after that!!

Hi there-just thought i would intoduce ourselves as we will be cruising with you all. Its myself-Alison and my husband Craig (leaving the kids at home lol) This will be our 2nd fantasy cruise-we just recently did the western and fell in love with cruising. We are from yorkshire inthe UK. We are cruising with a group of friends we made from a disboard/fb group on our last trip-i think so far about 22 of us rebooked and 4 families booked cabins in a row so it should be fun. Anyway will pop in from time to time to see how your plans are going.

btw our stateroom number is 7158. At the moment we have our own little FE group going but even if we dont join in with yours we may still pop along to any meets if thats ok?. If this group is half as much fun as the last one its going to be amazing!

Wow! Got some good ol' MN folk in here :-) I grew up in Eden Prairie, MN and lived there for 23 years before taking my college internship at Disney World and then moving to Indianapolis after that!!

I saw in your signature that you did the college program in the Spring of '09! I did mine in the Fall of '09 :cool1: One of the best times I've ever had!

I saw in your signature that you did the college program in the Spring of '09! I did mine in the Fall of '09 :cool1: One of the best times I've ever had!

YES! That's where I met my husband :-) *Naturally had to get married there, too :-)* If I didn't do the CP who knows where I would be right now lol!!

Where did you work?

YES! That's where I met my husband :-) *Naturally had to get married there, too :-)* If I didn't do the CP who knows where I would be right now lol!!

Where did you work?

Aww very sweet! My first program I was a lifeguard and cabana hostess and the Grand Floridian and Polynesian :) (Fall of '09) and my second program (Fall '11) I worked the Kim Possible Secret Agent attraction in Epcot :yay: (which I think has been changed to something with Phineas and Pherb now).

My first program I went alone but for the second my boyfriend and I went down together :love: and had a blast! Strange enough, he was placed in recreation at the Grand Floridan and Polynesian!

Where did you work!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter