4. MAJPLO: along w/ DW, DS (7), DD (5);
2nd cruise; 9th anniversary :love: ; DD and DW Birthdays

5. tiggerb: along w/ DH, DS (almost 14), DS (10.5);
1st DCL cruise; 18th anniversary :love:; DS Birthday

6. pixiehallow: along w/ DH, DS (17), DS (13);
5th cruise; DH :bday:; DS Graduation

7. pouncingpluto: alond w/ DH, DD (2.5) and Parents
7th cruise and 1st cruise for Parents :yay:

8. Roxy217: along w/ DH (kids @ home ;))
20th anniversary :love:

9. actnkidz: along w/ DH, DS (12), DD (9)
14th anniversary :love:; DD Birthday

10. Viking: along w/ DW
6th DCL cruise; 20th anniversary :love:; and Viking's Birthday

11. JeanC: along w/ DH
11th cruise :dance3:

12. papa: along w/ DW
9th DCL cruise :goodvibes

13. CorEeyore: along w/ DBoyfriend :love2:
7th cruise and 2nd cruise

14. ARLO1: along w/ DH
11th cruise :cool1:

15. JGamy: along w/ DH (kids @ home)
5th cruise; 25th anniversary :love:

16. fridayfun: along w/ DH
Both have Birthdays; and anniversary :love:

17. Kenai1972: along w/ DFriend :cheer2:

18. Moranofam: along w/ DHoney :love:
3rd cruise

19. Monami7: along w/ DH, DD (7), DD (6)
10th Anniversary
[/CENTER
more to come later as new friends are added :)

FE Info to read ;)

Hi Everyone!

Here is some info/corrections regarding the whole FE ...

1) It is NOT necessarily giving in secret... This is up to EACH person as to how they want to do it ~ unknown (secretly); w/ name used on Dis boards (ex: tiggerb); known w/ Dis name and real name (you can choose just first name, last name , or both). Often, it sounds like people will also put their town &/state (or country ).

2) There is not a price limit on it... it is up to each person to decide what their limit is.

3) The gifts/treats can be homemade and crafty; store-bought (if food--- must be store bought for customs); cheap and inexpensive; something representing your town, state or country; or more. The sky is the limit for ideas and such....

4) You as the giver can decide if you would like to give one gift /cabin (or family- even if in more than one cabin) or a gift for each family member in each cabin.

5) You deliver the gifts usually just once during the cruise (yet I have read some deliver a few times ) so that it does not feel like a MUST and takes time from you enjoying the cruise yourself. (Just if it is specific for something happening on the cruise ~ ex: Pirate Night and you have pirate trinkets/related items, you will want to deliver them anytime before Pirate Night Day so they may be used and enjoyed.)

6) There is usually a SPECIFIC date for a cut-off date (many say 75-90 days out from cruise date) so you know how many have joined. Yet, some groups allow others to join in later, as long as the person(s) understand they may not get gifts from EVERYONE on the FE list ~ as people may choose to give to only those who joined by the cut-off date.

7) SOME, but not all FE groups may split off into smaller groups if the numbers get too large. ( I have heard of cruises w/ 50+ to over 100+ cabins participating (usually back-to-back, holiday, or summertime cruises --- I know I could never afford to give to that many cabins).

8) You can opt out, but as courtesy to others, the sooner the better as some people make personalized gifts/treat bags.

9) Sometimes, the DISboard cruise link members meet on the first day or so for about an 1 hour to introduce themselves and meet, give any room # changes, etc. ~ I have read where a few people actually give out their FE gifts at this time. ~

10) This is meant to be FUN and EXTRA PIXIE DUST & MAGIC for all involved, NOT added STRESS !

Oh, and 11) I have heard people get their FE gifts onboard via shipping a box (specific size limit) ahead of time, pack them on their carry-ons, or some have used a suitcase/duffel bag for them and then have the room for all those recieved and souveniers.

OK... now I am done. Any questions, feel free to post or ask.

Hear Ye, Hear Ye... Here are those who have decided to take the plunge and join in on the FE (Fish Extender) Fun!

pixiehallow
tiggerb
TamaraH
Calitexan mouse
Roxy217
Viking
actnkidz
MAJPLO
CorEeyore
ARLO1
Mercinursi
Kenai1972

We will post info here as things get added... includes pre-trip meets too :)

Let the Fun Begin! :thumbsup2

1. Wine Meet: Share a bottle of wine that is from your own "local area" with the others :drinking:

As ideas get going, we will post info here so you can find something you may like to do. :)

This will be for anything actually scheduled or if other members head up a meet or activity (ex: a run on CC, adult meet in one of the bars, etc). We will list the event and who the contact person will be for that event. It will be up to you to make arrangements or notify them if interested. :)

I read somewhere on disboards that groups of women will get together and dress in pink while drinking champagne. I can't recall what the group calls themselves but I think this sounds really fun! princess:

I also recently became the general manager of a winery in MN and am beginning to get really into the wine scene. I think it would be really fun if we did some kind of a tasting, like each of us bring a bottle from a "what is considered for that person" local vineyard or something. Does anyone else think this would be fun!? :confused3 :cool1:

Sounds good to me! We have a local one that is my fav. What winery in MN? May have to come visit you!

CorEyeore~That sounds like fun to me! Just starting to learn about wines. Would love some expert instruction.

Debbie-

Was it hard to find this thread? You let me know what you would like.

I will add the wine meet idea to the post :goodvibes

TiggerB,

It wasn't hard for me, but I had the link and started the original thread. (shrug). Not hurt or concerned about losing the original, just want to make sure others can find us.

TiggerB,

It wasn't hard for me, but I had the link and started the original thread. (shrug). Not hurt or concerned about losing the original, just want to make sure others can find us.

If I had a "LIKE" button I would have pushed it! :rotfl: Totally agree!

I would love to do the wine meet. I am not much of a wine drinker but live in an area that produces a ton of wine. This might give me an excuse to go on a wine tasting tour of the Willamette Valley here in Oregon.

Count DH and I in:thumbsup2

We also live in an area with a large number of Wineries. And the reports are that this is an excellent year for wine in Texas:drinking1

Funny thing is, we had been talking about a week or so ago about bringing some wine from the area and inviting some of the friends we were making to a get together during the cruise.

One point to consider here is the corking fee. We are allowed to bring wine on board, but if we consume it in a public area, we have to pay a corking fee for each bottle opened (I think it was $25 a bottle). There is a way around that fee. We can have the tasting in someone's cabin, or on their verandah and our Winery manager may be able to bring a nifty electric bottle opener:hyper:
Or as DH just suggested, we could open, and pour in the cabin, and then take the gathering out and about;)
~Tink~

Oh great I'm so excited about this! Can't wait to try everyone's local wines! :cool1:

I work at Cannon River Winery in Cannon Falls, MN : ) Definitely feel free to come by! It is a cute winery and we love to have a good time! :banana:

Pixiehallow that is a VERY good thing to know. Thank you for finding that out! :worship: We would have been in pretty big trouble otherwise! I'd host in my room but it is going to just be the standard verandah size. $25 per bottle would be a bit ridiculous I think. I'm all for figuring out ways around this :rolleyes1

3rd Cruise. Just me and my honey.

Welcome to the group!!!

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

I am sure TiggerB will get you onto the roll call shortly.:jumping1:

Now, Watch your PM for a special invite for our Yahoo Group page:surfweb:
and get ready for some planning and fun:cool1:

OH!!!!!! I almost forgot. Are you interested in joining the FE ????

Well, while I procrastinate finishing parade signs for tomorrow, ok, back issues are delaying them to be made :headache:... I will come check in on here. :)

Welcome to our newest member :banana:. You are added to the Roll Call list.

If any errors are found, let me know!

I have heard about Cannon Falls Winery. We may have to road trip down... Maybe in the Fall with all the Fall colors. :thumbsup2. Winehaven is my favorite. I am a sweeter wine sort of gal. I think we can TOTALLY come up with a plan for wine tasting.... I thought the corking fee was for i:moped: in the dining room use. :confused3.

We have time to plan and strategize!

Well, time to finish signs. Baseball tourney all day tomorrow in mid to upper 90's as well as high dew points and humidity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter