Genie+ pricing?

BcIcemen

DIS Veteran
For anyone who has used this since the price increase how much was it per day? I saw that it flucuates by day but is the weekend more than a midweek day? TIA

I don’t know, but am hoping someone will. We tried it for a few of our park days last Dec., it (or we) were an epic failure, & we didn’t get the LLs we wanted & got very few total, felt like a total waste of money maybe because it was so crowded. But I tried it one day at DL/CA this month - again insane crowds, but we got lots of LL returns - & it really worked well for us.
I’m trying to wrap my head around the concept that at WDW I’ll likely have to pay more on crazy crowded days, but will be unable to get the LLs I want because of the competition for them - thus I’ll be paying more for an inferior product 🤷‍♀️.

I believe the highest price so far for WDW has been $22 per day. The new policy has only been in place for about 10 days. $22 was mentioned as an upper limit, but no way to know how long that will hold.
I’m trying to wrap my head around the concept that at WDW I’ll likely have to pay more on crazy crowded days, but will be unable to get the LLs I want because of the competition for them - thus I’ll be paying more for an inferior product 🤷‍♀️.
The benefit to guests is that a higher price should create a better experience. Higher prices means fewer people buying. Which means that each person who buys should find increased availability of passes throughout the day.

On the surface we may not like higher prices but that's kinda how it works: lower prices increases consumer demand while higher prices reduces demand.

I saw this on a www.wdwmagic.com thread:
1666454233251.png
Post in thread 'Disney Genie, Genie+ officially introduced along with confirmed details of how it will work'
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...ails-of-how-it-will-work.974530/post-10420103

“9 days of data with the new dynamic pricing on G+. The G+ line is hiding behind the ROTR line.
Also the blue line is price for a 1 day base ticket, but divided by 10 so it fits on the graph better. Interesting to see the ILL and G+ prices are not following the daily ticket price.
Guardian's is always $14 or $15. FOP is always $1 lower, 7D is always $4 cheaper. ROTR and G+ seem a little more volatile”

Last edited by a moderator:

Think Disney said $22 would be top price in October. Think we’ll have a better feel in November when you have a few busy weeks.

Genie+ was $20 on Wed 10/19, $18 on Thursday 10/20, $20 on Fri 10/21. I did not experience a lower crowd level on Thursday than on Wed or Fri. All three days were very crowded.

Steve

It jumped last week when we were there. As far as I could tell, they still sold a LOT of them as it was still difficult to get good times for many rides.
Sadly, that probably means prices will still go up more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter