• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Genie+ at DLR starting on 12/8

Anyone know if ILL purchases also include PhotoPass? We have 4 days next week in the parks, and one day is just my littlest guy (5) and me. As many of the rides he won't be tall enought for (or will have already experienced day 1 with the fam) I was thinking we'd hit up Fantasyland and all the kiddie stuff (crowd level: 3/10), and hop over after lunch to ILL RSR. Would love if the ILL also included Photo Pass.

My strategy for our upcoming trip is to ILL ROTR and do Standby our first day (crowd level: 4/10) and then use Genie+ on our day 3 (crowd level: 6/10) to accomplish whatever we didnt/re-ride, etc. Then our last day (6/10) it’s whatever goes. Might do ILL, might standby. I think with Rider Swap and Genie + on certain days we will be fine and my boys will get to re-ride plenty.

Depending on crowd levels, I'm definitely interested to see how this works in combination with rope drop. The "next available time" will be really interesting to watch in the coming weeks. Would love to get the guniea pigs take on this! :) Specifically when does the next available time transition to afternoon/evening times? Do the Genie+LL's all book immediately, like prior to 10am? Or are you still able to find times in the late afternoon/evening? That will be a major decision in whether we bother with purchasing for our next trip.

Has it been confirmed that the DLR hotel guests will not ever be allowed the 30 minute EMH? I'm still crossing my fingers that eventually comes back. I get that they probably aren't rolling it out tomorrow, but hoping for something more than the 15-20 minute head start on the security/gate lines once it's up and running smoothly!

We’ll be there on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, so definitely plan to utilize Genie+! Looking forward to hearing all about it in actual practice before we go!

I literally bought photopass+ week pass for 80 bucks 4 hours ago. Now this comes with free photopass included. Photopass terms clearly state non refundable, non transferable. Did I just get screwed out of 80 dollars??
As an update for anyone else who may be in this situation, I spent 90 minutes on hold with the Disney photopass service last night, but when I did get through they cancelled my purchase as a "1 time good will gesture".

I'm here the 8th and 9th. Both of those days are my DCA start days. Does anyone know if this would pose any issues with getting a ILL $ for Rise? Like, what if my return time is prior to 1pm? Also, you have to be in the park--does that mean in the park where the ride is or just scanned into any disney park?

I'm here the 8th and 9th. Both of those days are my DCA start days. Does anyone know if this would pose any issues with getting a ILL $ for Rise? Like, what if my return time is prior to 1pm? Also, you have to be in the park--does that mean in the park where the ride is or just scanned into any disney park?
Those are my days as well except start at DL.
I *believe* (I can’t remember where I heard/read it) ‘be in the park to purchase’ just means any park and you can purchase ILL for either park. However, the timing can be an issue. If ROTR return is before 1:00, that would be a problem because you’d be stuck in DCA. maybe wait a few more minutes and try again to see if a later time shows up?
I have a slightly similar issue in that I randomly scored a Lamplight Lounge reservation for noon on the 9th, but since we are starting at DL, if I can’t modify for a later time, I’ll have to throw that one back.

At Walt Disney World the system recognizes park hopper tickets and will only show return times for the second park AFTER the park hopping time. For you, if you want to book Rise of The Resistance Individual Attraction Lightning Lane before the 1pm park hopping time, it will only show you the next available return time AFTER 1pm.

Ugh. I'll be there the 10th. I was kind of hoping it would wait until after my trip! At least I get a chance to check it all out when it's just me, so not much skin in the game!

will you be doing a trip report? I went right after you did back in June, and your report was helpful. We get there January 1.

Yes there is still single rider. Space, Star Tours (never open), Matterhorn, Indy (never open), Splash, Falcon, Cars (closes at night), Incredicoaster (absolutely terrible except in the morning), Goofy, and Grizzly.

Indy single rider never seems open, but if you go up to a CM and ask, often they had you a single rider card.

Indy single rider never seems open, but if you go up to a CM and ask, often they had you a single rider card.
Do you have recent experience with this? In my July trip it was open the 1st day we were there but every time after that they weren’t even holding the cards and when we asked they always said it was closed. So on my November trip I would look over and see if they were holding the cards but they never were

Do you have recent experience with this? In my July trip it was open the 1st day we were there but every time after that they weren’t even holding the cards and when we asked they always said it was closed. So on my November trip I would look over and see if they were holding the cards but they never were

I was last there in June. They didn't always say yes when we asked, but sometimes they did even though the srl didn't appear to be open. All you can do is ask I guess.

Guinea pigs who are park hopping tomorrow, can you report on what times show up for the other park prior to 1 PM?
Not sure the exact question. Are you wondering what times for rides at the 2nd park are being listed?
I’m not sure how much help I’ll be because we will not be rope dropping tomorrow as tonight is at daughters place near campus. Probably arriving around 11, enter DL then purchase Genie+. I will see what rides are offered at both parks and the times, but as a middle aged, menopausal woman, my memory isn’t what it used to be. 😜 Meanwhile the 25 year old daughter will probably help me keep track.
Im sort of rambling, sorry. Off to catch my flight.

Not sure the exact question. Are you wondering what times for rides at the 2nd park are being listed?
I’m not sure how much help I’ll be because we will not be rope dropping tomorrow as tonight is at daughters place near campus. Probably arriving around 11, enter DL then purchase Genie+. I will see what rides are offered at both parks and the times, but as a middle aged, menopausal woman, my memory isn’t what it used to be. 😜 Meanwhile the 25 year old daughter will probably help me keep track.
Im sort of rambling, sorry. Off to catch my flight.
Yeah I’m just wondering for example if you start in DCA and want a LL for Indy if it’ll give you the next available time or something after park hopping starts at 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter