• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

General Star Wars Discussion

Currently watching the Obi-Wan miniseries and episode 3 is by far the darkest episode so far...good god.

I really liekd it, but it does have some really dark stuff on the part of the Empire - as it should be.

I really liekd it, but it does have some really dark stuff on the part of the Empire - as it should be.
was sick at home a week or so back and itching for the Bad Batch to start so I rewatched Obi Wan. It was a lot of fun again.
That last interaction between Obi and Anakin was so well done.
Would love for another season

... and bring back Maul.

Last edited:
Busy day - I almost didn't ahve time to squeeze in the Batch before work this morning. This was a cool and interesting episode.

The gambling den and corrupt officer was fun. I thought it odd that he actually paid them, but then it's like, "Oh, by the way, there's a fine - for gambling!" Slick move.

Oh, those poor stormtroopers when Omega let's Crosshair do things his way. Fellas, you are outmatched. Also, I kept cheering, "Open the big one!" Looks like a Rathtar was in there - whelp, that's what happens.

I am very much enjoying Bad Batch. Things are progressing a lot faster than I expected, and I like that. Shed a few tears this morning.

It's hard for me to rank the live action. Like Obi-Wan, We just re-watched also, and I LOVED a lot of it, but definitely didn't like a lot of it. I have started not looking at these series as whole, but at each episode. Plus I do think rewatching helps a lot.
I do the same with the movies. I don't lump all the prequels or sequels together.

I would put Andor at the top, WAAAAAY at the top. It was the best Star Wars since Star Wars and Empire. I've probably rewatched the prison episodes 5 or 6 times. DH said the other day, he thinks he's rewatched it all about 10 times now.

Ahsoka next, also great. LOVE Ahsoka, and seeing her storyline progress like that was wonderful. DD"s favorite character.

Mandalorian season 2-especially the Tragedy episode. Boba Fett in that one was the absolute best

Obi Wan and Mandalorian season 1, probably tied, different experiences.

I dont' even want to think about Book of Boba Fett.....I just keep hoping they'll make a season 2, and fix it. I should probably take my own advice, and rewatch, but I just don't want to. It should've been so much better. I did love Fennec Shand, and a couple of the early episodes

But back to Bad Batch. Another wonderful episode, Great music, great creature cameo, and unexpected ending so soon. I will surely miss this when it's gone.

Busy day - I almost didn't ahve time to squeeze in the Batch before work this morning. This was a cool and interesting episode.

The gambling den and corrupt officer was fun. I thought it odd that he actually paid them, but then it's like, "Oh, by the way, there's a fine - for gambling!" Slick move.

Oh, those poor stormtroopers when Omega let's Crosshair do things his way. Fellas, you are outmatched. Also, I kept cheering, "Open the big one!" Looks like a Rathtar was in there - whelp, that's what happens.
those were the best!
I loved those scenes, especially with the creatures, and that Rathtar. I thought it was going to be a Rancor, but this was better

Last night, DS finally got around to watching Bad Batch ep 4. He's enjoying it. He's not the same level of SW fan the rest of are, but he does enjoy SW ,and has watched all the TV series. He's the generation that grew up with Clone Wars, and prequels.
Anyway, just chiming in to say that as a casual fan, he's enjoying Bad Batch, but he's also so very surprised at the pace of the plot. He said it's moving along so fast, I am too. but we dont' mind it. Just thought it would take longer to get to these events. We'll be in WDW when the 2 episodes drop next week, so will have to make some time for those. Already packed the Roku and Fire sticks

Question for us: If we agree that Andor had very consistent cinegraphic tone and expository voice throughout the series, then does that consistency cause us to examine more critically those series that drift? For example, Book of Boba Fett appears to drift in its exposition, its palette, and especially its narrative premise. Would we have reacted as strongly to that series, Obi Wan and others if we didn't have a series like Andor to compare against?

Last night, DS finally got around to watching Bad Batch ep 4. He's enjoying it. He's not the same level of SW fan the rest of are, but he does enjoy SW ,and has watched all the TV series. He's the generation that grew up with Clone Wars, and prequels.
Anyway, just chiming in to say that as a casual fan, he's enjoying Bad Batch, but he's also so very surprised at the pace of the plot. He said it's moving along so fast, I am too. but we dont' mind it. Just thought it would take longer to get to these events. We'll be in WDW when the 2 episodes drop next week, so will have to make some time for those. Already packed the Roku and Fire sticks

I honsetly can't believe that WDW doen't have native Disney+ access in their rooms. Give guests a taste, then offer them a sign-up deal if they subscribe. It's a no brianer.

Question for us: If we agree that Andor had very consistent cinegraphic tone and expository voice throughout the series, then does that consistency cause us to examine more critically those series that drift? For example, Book of Boba Fett appears to drift in its exposition, its palette, and especially its narrative premise. Would we have reacted as strongly to that series, Obi Wan and others if we didn't have a series like Andor to compare against?

I don't know. I liked them all. The only real issue with Boba Fett is the couple of episodes that become the Mandalorian. I'd have just left all of that out, and then it's pretty consistent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter