General Star Wars Discussion

That's going to be a great addition to Star Tours! bummer will miss it this trip, but glad it's coming. I do try and manage at least 1 ride on Star Tours each trip, but I often 'forget how much I hate space travel.....' the ride makes me SO nauseous!!!

Question for us: If we agree that Andor had very consistent cinegraphic tone and expository voice throughout the series, then does that consistency cause us to examine more critically those series that drift? For example, Book of Boba Fett appears to drift in its exposition, its palette, and especially its narrative premise. Would we have reacted as strongly to that series, Obi Wan and others if we didn't have a series like Andor to compare against?
I don't think so, at least personally. Andor is far and away my favorite series. But I see drift and change in Clone Wars, which precedes any of the live action series. The problem I have with Boba Fett is that they spent an entire episode doing the Mandalorian instead. That's not just narrative drift, that's straight up ignoring the premise.

I don't think so, at least personally. Andor is far and away my favorite series. But I see drift and change in Clone Wars, which precedes any of the live action series. The problem I have with Boba Fett is that they spent an entire episode doing the Mandalorian instead. That's not just narrative drift, that's straight up ignoring the premise.

The thing is, they did connect it, but a lot of streaming shows do that thing where each episode is super-defined and they like to toss in this one-off episode where everything is weird and we don't check in with the A-plot at all. If they had done it more like we cut-away to check in with Dinn in small snippets spread throughout several episodes so he could dovetail in for the finale, it would have worked.

I’m so excited for the Star Tours updates!!! That Ahsoka one was exactly what I was expecting tbh after watching the show.
lol my daughter said the exact thing when we watched it

I will be able to catch it on my upcoming Halloween trip, so excited to experience it.

Good Batch today!

It's nice to see that Batcher is not just cute but also quite helpful and smart!
Crosshair has shown growth, though he is in denial about his medical status.
Monster of the week was typical, but it was good to see the team working together and trusting each other.

It was a double-dose of Batcher and her Amazing Friends this morning, which I did not know. Good thing I got up a little early to watch before work!

Interesting to see Wolf still working for the Empire.
I wonder who that shadow operative is - I think he's someone....
I like Omega's new crossbow pistol thing - it's very appropriate for her.

I kinda wish they weren't burning through these so quickly!

Question for us: If we agree that Andor had very consistent cinegraphic tone and expository voice throughout the series, then does that consistency cause us to examine more critically those series that drift? For example, Book of Boba Fett appears to drift in its exposition, its palette, and especially its narrative premise. Would we have reacted as strongly to that series, Obi Wan and others if we didn't have a series like Andor to compare against?
My issues with BoB were expansive, but nothing was as bad as the mod squad (aka the Power Rangers).

The only thing worse Disney+ has done in my opinion is the Jack Black and Lizzo cameos in Mando 3.

My issues with BoB were expansive, but nothing was as bad as the mod squad (aka the Power Rangers).

The only thing worse Disney+ has done in my opinion is the Jack Black and Lizzo cameos in Mando 3.
Oh goodness, I had blocked out/forgotten those cameos. Though the cosplay part of me enjoyed looking at those costumes quite a bit!

That certainly looks like Star Wars for adults. Very excited for the trailer. Also excited to see a new era of Star Wars that hasn't been touched on yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter