• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Geez DVC boards are really in truth meek...

When you go over there just take a bag of popcorn:: with you and enjoy the entertainment. You can't take it to seriously and it's mostly good for lurking.:thumbsup2

I totally agree!! It can be a real hoot reading that stuff. :laughing:

Absolutely Bobbi. The majoriity.

It's just funny to read some thread, find it interesting, and then suddenly it becomes so argumentative. It reminds me of staff meetings where you are discussing one thing and suddenly it's every staff members' hidden emotion of the last twenty years.

I guess I'm missing DVC-CB forum or whatever we called it. Not the clique of it at all. Just smaller amount of posters...that's all.

YES!!!

I'm pretty new posting on the DIS (I've lurked for years). It's like you post something innocently or nonchalantly, and then all of a sudden you're pounced (and not by little Simba either).

I thought maybe it was just me, because it seems like every thread I post to ends up being nastiness and snide remarks. And, even when I just post an opinion innocently, there's someone there to jump all over it.

I'm all for strong opinions and actually learn a lot when I hear the other side of an issue, but geez, some people are just bloody rude about it.

I'm off to grow a thicker skin :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well, I've sworn off the CB.

The DisBoards is my happy place, and I want to keep it that way! If I get the urge to argue, I'll just call my MIL.:rolleyes1

You know some people talk about how these DVC forums can get rough!! And that some of us get mean and aggressive.

Well sometimes (rarely) I go to the CB and have to take a break and sneak back. Tonight I thought what the heck I'll post. Just let's say DVC forums you got nothing on that CB board.

I'm just not cut out for that board. No wonder some of us lamented the demise of DVC-CB!!

I'm pleased to be back home. Canadian Board, DVC forums .....don't make me return to the CB. Some of us simply don't have the genes for it!!! And that's okay. Can't be everything, can we?

Do any DVCers feel like they are too sensitive for the general CB ?

Yeah DVC forums! Am I going to get deleted for not *really* asking a question about DVC?

Actually, you have me confused.... I think you are talking about the community board? If so... I lurked there a few times and WOAH! Those people get downright nasty. AND when you post something you are like automatically 5 posts down because there are 10,000 other people posting too. I can't go there any more. I stay in the DVC boards.

I ventured over to the CB for the first time a couple of days ago and will never go back! I'VE NEVER READ SO MANY... "Can-you-prove-that-show-me-a-link-and-you're-still-wrong-no-matter-what-you-say-or-show-me-I'll-never-believe-it-and-I'm-smarter-I-have-a-college-education-which-makes-me-an-expert-in-everything!"...IN MY LIFE!!!:rotfl2:

I'd rather :laundy: than go to that board again. Those people are :dance3:!

AMEN!!! ITA:rotfl2:

Sometimes the News and Rumors board gets a little carried away. It can get somewhat nasty over there. DVC boards are a friendly place to hang out. Mods have always done a good job of keeping peace here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter