• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Geez DVC boards are really in truth meek...

lisaviolet

DIS Veteran
You know some people talk about how these DVC forums can get rough!! And that some of us get mean and aggressive.

Well sometimes (rarely) I go to the CB and have to take a break and sneak back. Tonight I thought what the heck I'll post. Just let's say DVC forums you got nothing on that CB board.

I'm just not cut out for that board. No wonder some of us lamented the demise of DVC-CB!!

I'm pleased to be back home. Canadian Board, DVC forums .....don't make me return to the CB. Some of us simply don't have the genes for it!!! And that's okay. Can't be everything, can we?

Do any DVCers feel like they are too sensitive for the general CB ?

Yeah DVC forums! Am I going to get deleted for not *really* asking a question about DVC?

Maybe I'm a Canadian at heart...... Well actually my heritage is French Canadian. Maybe I'd be appreciated over there. I'll have to check it out. Is it the same mods?

As moderators, we try to keep the DVC boards pretty civil, and everyone is doing a good job of cooperating. Even when posters disagree, it's usually very constructive, and not a lot of name calling. We're also much more strict that all posts must be relevant about DVC. There's no general DVC-clique "community board".

Did you ever surf the DIS when we still had the general Debate board? That got so bad we had to discontinue the whole board. Compared to that, the CB board is fairly civil...(sometimes) :rotfl:

Maybe I'm a Canadian at heart...... Well actually my heritage is French Canadian. Maybe I'd be appreciated over there. I'll have to check it out. Is it the same mods?

Wait. You didn't think I meant CB as in Canadian, did ya? It's civil there. Unless we are complaining about passport lines. I meant the Community Board (CB). But come on Dumbo you know you are "appreciated" everywhere that you go. Mais oui.

Did you ever surf the DIS when we still had the general Debate board? That got so bad we had to discontinue the whole board. Compared to that, the CB board is fairly civil...(sometimes) :rotfl:

I'm laughing. Holy cow. Debate board. Possible flashback. I think I snuck on once in the beginning and ran like heck. I'd never last a minute. But I certainly remember its demise.

I guess when DVCers go off, even if it's on me, I guess at least I feel like I "know" them. Weird, eh? And it doesn't feel quite the same. CB. I don't know I have to get a backbone. It's rough.

I've only looked at the Community Board a few times. Haven't found anyone with anything to say over there yet. Seems like mostly a bunch of people yelling loud because there is no content to what they're saying.

It's not that argument is not in my genes -- I just don't find it interesting over there.

I ventured over to the CB for the first time a couple of days ago and will never go back! I'VE NEVER READ SO MANY... "Can-you-prove-that-show-me-a-link-and-you're-still-wrong-no-matter-what-you-say-or-show-me-I'll-never-believe-it-and-I'm-smarter-I-have-a-college-education-which-makes-me-an-expert-in-everything!"...IN MY LIFE!!!:rotfl2:

I'd rather :laundy: than go to that board again. Those people are :dance3:!

Sounds like another forum I frequent (for the British scifi show Doctor Who). A show with a multigenerational history and cliquish (read: slightly geek) following. Just imagine a group of Trekkies with college degrees arguing over everything from the film technology used to the made-up wacky science for a family tv show.

"Prove to me, show me, I don't believe you, you're an idiot, yeah you have no social life, but Y + Z / the coefficient of X is always greater than the circumference of a polydecadedron" discussions go on daily. And then to lighten it up they have sections to discuss religion, politics and sex.

These DVC boards are like a breath of sanity. My compliments to the Mods. Keeping misread assumptions from blowing into outright conflicts is hard.

When you go over there just take a bag of popcorn:: with you and enjoy the entertainment. You can't take it to seriously and it's mostly good for lurking.:thumbsup2

I don't know about people being meek here. There are some passive-aggressive people. For instance there is one OKW owner who constantly bashes SSR.:confused3 That poster always makes the questions/statements sound like a nice thing but that poster is actually being smarmy! Stay around awhile and you'll catch it.

Once the Disboard people took the Games and Exchanges out of the CB, I hardly ever go there. When I go, it's usually to ask a question and it's usually answered quickly and then I leave. There are some very nice people who post there, Dan Murphy for one and I know there are others.

Bobbi

I don't know about people being meek here. There are some passive-aggressive people. For instance there is one OKW owner who constantly bashes SSR.:confused3 That poster always makes the questions/statements sound like a nice thing but that poster is actually being smarmy! Stay around awhile and you'll catch it.

I was being facetious with the meek. And I'm around. In fact, I think I'm absolutely addicted to the DVC forums.

Just nothing like the general CB. Nothing.

I was being facetious with the meek. And I'm around. In fact, I think I'm absolutely addicted to the DVC forums.

Just nothing like the general CB. Nothing.

You know what would happen on the CB instantly. Someone would pounce in and argue either about the meaning of facetious and have the definition ready :rotfl: or at least have incriminating "proof" that I simply was lying about being facetious and really did mean meek!:lmao:

There are some very nice people who post there, Dan Murphy for one and I know there are others.

Bobbi

Absolutely Bobbi. The majoriity.

It's just funny to read some thread, find it interesting, and then suddenly it becomes so argumentative. It reminds me of staff meetings where you are discussing one thing and suddenly it's every staff members' hidden emotion of the last twenty years.

I guess I'm missing DVC-CB forum or whatever we called it. Not the clique of it at all. Just smaller amount of posters...that's all.

Do any DVCers feel like they are too sensitive for the general CB ?
We are not too sensitive. We just don't like to stoop to the posting tactics of those "other people" who haven't figured out the beauty of DVC. :snooty:

Ah, I just love getting the chance to use the snooty smilie!

:snooty:

I used to practically LIVE on the CB way back when. That was when there was very little activity on the DVC (and there was only one) board. Now that the CB has gotten "weird", I can't stand to even look at it. All my DIS time is spent on the 3 DVC boards.

Absolutely Bobbi. The majoriity.

It's just funny to read some thread, find it interesting, and then suddenly it becomes so argumentative. It reminds me of staff meetings where you are discussing one thing and suddenly it's every staff members' hidden emotion of the last twenty years.

I guess I'm missing DVC-CB forum or whatever we called it. Not the clique of it at all. Just smaller amount of posters...that's all.

I'm smiling, because what I said wasn't "Well, that might be the case, but there's always another side" or whatever to contradict you. I have READ but not posted on some wild threads there. Mostly I comment on pet ownership/loss threads, or ask something in general, like "Has anyone seen a Willie Nelson concert?" I started a thread one day about that concert, and only titled it Willie Nelson, and people were afraid to read that he died. One has to be very careful!

Bobbi

I'm smiling, because what I said wasn't "Well, that might be the case, but there's always another side" or whatever to contradict you. I have READ but not posted on some wild threads there. Mostly I comment on pet ownership/loss threads, or ask something in general, like "Has anyone seen a Willie Nelson concert?" I started a thread one day about that concert, and only titled it Willie Nelson, and people were afraid to read that he died. One has to be very careful!

Bobbi

Too funny Bobbi. Too funny. I gotcha. I didn't think you were contradicting me at all regardless. I just wanted to acknowledge those CB nice people too. After all, CB people need love too!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter