Gas Prices

If you will be traveling through Georgia during the summer months, don't expect $1.38/gallon. We, too, have a "summer mix" of gasoline and the price always goes up during the summer months and usually drops after the summer is over.

I really don't want to make this a political debate, but mention was made that the price of gas has gone up since we got a new president. The price of gas had begun to escalate before the election. I recall our former president was considering temporarily discontinuing the federal gasoline tax (only about $.05/gallon) to reduce the cost of gas. He also, if you recall, released a large quantity of the Nation's fuel reserves to lower the cost by increasing the supply. This temporary infusion has been used up and the supply vs. demand has caused an increased in the rate of cost escalation.

Whether the shortage is real or fabricated is anyone's guess. My wife drives an Expedition and I drive an F-150 pick-up and neither of us is happy about the price of gasoline these days, but fuel economy was not our primary criteria for selecting the vehicles we drive. Again, I'm not trying to start a debate over SUV's vs. economy cars so please don't flame me on this one. Debates belong on the Debate Board .

Super Walmart has 1.39 a gallon right now!!!!!!! I never thought I would get excited about that price but I was and have been telling everyone about it.
FYI for anyone going to Disney and has a Sams Credit Card.....There is a Sams club in Ocala near the Disney Station and their gas is cheaper than the stations around there.On one trip in April it was 10 cents cheaper but in May it was only a few cents less.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

believe it or not.....here in Pa gas prices just dropped
.03 per gallon............whoa.....what happened!!!!

Well I just returned from the World and onsite prices were 1.74 per gallon for reg unleaded...off site 1.56per gallon. I thought they were great compared to lovely old OHIO which was 1.89per gallon when we left and still that high when I returned. Anytime I can get gas on Dis property cheaper than home, it kind of scares me a little. Espcially when avis offers to fill your tank for less than you pay at the pumps at home....whew....what the heck is up with this anyway. I mean if I drive to Pa, one hour away I save 40 cents per gallon....not fair....

cindy

I tanked up yesterday and paid $1.63. I think I can help you all on saving money on gas. It seems everytime I fill up the prices take a dip the next day or even hour. From now on I will post when I fill up and then you guys will know to wait a bit to get your gas. No need for thanks. I just like doing my civic duty. LOL

Slightly Goofy (Linda):p

I was told that if you log into this website www.wbre.com and type in your zip code it will tell you what the cheapest gas station near you. Hope this helps!:p :p :p :p :p

Gas prices are high for the United States, that's a fact. However, there are a few things we should all take into consideration when discussing the rising costs.
1. The USA has not built any new refineries in a long time.
2. The USA has the cheapest gas prices in the WORLD.
In Europe and other areas, they pay much more for a liter. A liter is a smaller amount than a gallon.
3. Any oil exploration in US territory has been halted or slowed in the past. If we don't want to be dependent upon foreign sources for oil, we must explore our own borders/waters. By the way, I have from a reliable source that the USA does not even own a very large percentage of the Alaskan refuge area. It's been purchased by BP - BRITISH PETROLEUM.
4. We (government and the people)have let our mass transit systems die. In preparing for the future, we should have (as a country) kept our transit systems up. Instead, we all fell into the trap: cars and trucks. Cars to drive, trucks to ship things across country.

I work in the oil industry and can honestly say I don't know all the reasons that the prices are increasing. I can only wonder WHY it hasn't happened before?

Don't even get me started on the electrical deregulation. What a political snafu!

I have no doubt that those things are true (my father was in the oil business) however I do wonder - If the gas stations are not making more money during these times how come so many new ones are being built all over the place? We have corners in our medium size town that have a gas station on each of the four corners. Just find it interesting. We are lucky as we are retired and can choose how much we want to spend on gas but I remember the horrors we suffered in the 70's when my DH was driving 84 miles a day in a car that got 8mpg just to get to work and feel for all the young working people who have been caught in this crunch.

Slightly Goofy (Linda)

Also have been wondering about this and maybe someone can help me. We hear reports of mandatory conservation and upcharges for overuse in CA. We have always been very conservative (turn the furnace down to 50 at night etc.) and wonder how you can conserve more when you are already doing your best. The people who have been 'wasteful' have lots of places to cut down but not the people like us. Just wondering.:pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce:

Here in MA gas is going for $1.69/1.79/1.89. When I drove to WDW in April I thought paying $1.52 on the NJ turnpike was outrageous. I can hardly wait until the summer trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter