Gabby Petito

This lifestyle keeps getting more and more popular out here in the southwest.

I'm not going to speculate on what happened, but I'm sure a Lifetime Movie will come out about this in a couple of years.
Concurrent episodes of Dateline, 20/20 and 48 Hours first.

And also, her parents have done a LOT to get this story trending. Typical "cute white girl missing" angle. The parents are even using the hashing #americasdaughter, which, frankly, I find off putting. But it worked.

I agree. Also couldn’t help but thinking how black Americans must feel when watching the body cam footage.. especially the part where the officer told her to stop and think hard about her answer before responding when he asked her what she was intending/trying to accomplish in striking Brian. I don’t want to get too political on the forum, but it’s important to recognize, accept and work through biases.

I agree. Also couldn’t help but thinking how black Americans must feel when watching the body cam footage.. especially the part where the officer told her to stop and think hard about her answer before responding when he asked her what she was intending/trying to accomplish in striking Brian. I don’t want to get too political on the forum, but it’s important to recognize, accept and work through biases.

Yeah, that part of the body cam video made me uneasy. It's like they were practically coaching her how to answer so they could let her off the hook. And ironically, this ended up being the wrong thing to do. Had they cited her as they intended to, or arrested her, she likely wouldn't have ended up missing.

Probably nothing, but since news is slowed…

Both the murdered Utah couple and Gabby and Brian were followers of #VanLife on social media

The two turned a van into a camper, sharing photos on Instagram with #vanlife and #wifelife. They called the outdoors around Moab home.

Noticed that too. So that + the Gabby and Brian having met Kylen at the Moonflower coop where she worked and where they spent 9a-3p and has an “explosive fight” the day of the body cam footage (and where the owner confirmed Kylen was working that day). For all we know Kylen (one of the two woman murderee) was the witness that called the police when they say Gabby and Brian’s altercation getting physical. Coincidence? Sure, maybe. Grand County Sheriffs Office thinks so.

Noticed that too. So that + the Gabby and Brian having met Kylen at the Moonflower coop where she worked and where they spent 9a-3p and has an “explosive fight” the day of the body cam footage (and where the owner confirmed Kylen was working that day). For all we know Kylen (one of the two woman murderee) was the witness that called the police when they say Gabby and Brian’s altercation getting physical. Coincidence? Sure, maybe. Grand County Sheriffs Office thinks so.

Nope. The witness was a man. The police went to his house after the traffic stop to get an official witness statement.

So the family says they haven't seen him since Tuesday! So they've been covering for him all this time?

Gabby's family reminds everyone (through their attorney) that Brian is not missing. He's hiding.

The FBI is looking for Brian now, as well as Gabby.

Kylen was working that day but she left before 4:30, which was about when the altercation was called in. The person who called it in was a man.

If Brian takes himself out, they may never find out what happened to his girlfriend.

Law enforcement is searching the T. Mabry Carlton Reserve, a wildlife preserve adjacent to Myakka River State Park, for Brian Laundrie.

Carlton Reserve is just a few miles from Laundrie's home, and is apparently the most recent place where Laundrie is known to have been. News reports don't say when he was there, but it's presumably since Tuesday.

I need to watch the whole dashcam video, since I have only seen an abbreviated version, but one thing that occurred to me was that is usually take two to tango. If he is all laid back and Gabby is the unstable one, what is happening that makes her go off? She fought to get into the car that he was locking her out of when she hit him and she managed to get in on the driver's side door and climb over him to the passenger seat in order to not be left by him. Makes me think he has threatened or actually done that to her more than once. Maybe he's a narcissist and is really good at gaslighting. I don't know. Maybe he did leave her in a huff and now that he's home safe and she's not he's panicking and doesn't know what to do. I am very curious what transpired between 9/1 when he arrived at home and 9/11 when Gabby's parents filed the missing persons report. Did he and his family just ignore that fact that Gabby never came home and never mentioned it to her parents, letting them worry for another 10 days before they got desperate and made the call? Did Gabby's parent's know he was home that whole time before they made the call? So many questions, so few answers. I'm going to go check out that timeline someone posted a few pages back.🕵️‍♀️
I don’t know if you mean to but you’re basically blaming him for her physically assaulting him. This is why men can’t win for losing in domestic situations and part of the reason why they don’t speak up.

I’m not defending the guy. I mean at this point he looks pretty guilty but at the moment there’s no evidence a crime took place. In instances like this I always hope against hope that the missing person will turn up unharmed. I think of all the social media influencers that have been busted for making crap up to get their names out there. Really stupid, crazy stuff. I really want that to be the case here. Probably not but I can hope.

The police reiterated today that there is no indication that a crime took place and that this is now a dual missing persons case. Allegedly, his parents now think he is in danger (probably from himself). He left the house with his backpack and said he was going to the preserve. That is why his parents told authorities he was probably there. I guess they expected him to just go for a walk and come back.

This is all speculation, of course, but to me Brian Laundrie is not behaving like someone who killed his long-time girlfriend/fiancé.

If that were the case I would expect him to try to hide, maybe even try to leave the country. Or -- if he did kill her, he seems like more of a candidate for murder/suicide.

I would not expect him to drive her van more than 2,000 miles back to his own home where everybody knows where to look for him.

To me, his behavior seems more like someone who either left his fiancé or got left by her.

But as I said, we are all just speculating.

This story is compelling, yet tragic, on many levels. I can’t help but believe the murdered couple are somehow tied to Brian and Gabby, and would like to know what the heck went down out there.
I think they're both dead.
If so, hopefully, he would have left some sort of explanation behind in a note! He may be the only one with answers.

And also, her parents have done a LOT to get this story trending. Typical "cute white girl missing" angle. The parents are even using the hashing #americasdaughter, which, frankly, I find off putting. But it worked.
I find this revolting. All females residing in the United States are America's Daughters and we should care equally about all of them. My own daughter is slim, blue-eyed, blonde haired, cute as all get-out, and gets a sunburn from the glow of the refrigerator lightbulb if she takes too long choosing a snack, but that doesn't mean she is more American or more worthy of concern than any other young female. It's repugnant that they're pushing this and honestly makes me sympathize with them less.

This is all speculation, of course, but to me Brian Laundrie is not behaving like someone who killed his long-time girlfriend/fiancé.

If that were the case I would expect him to try to hide, maybe even try to leave the country. Or -- if he did kill her, he seems like more of a candidate for murder/suicide.

I would not expect him to drive her van more than 2,000 miles back to his own home where everybody knows where to look for him.

To me, his behavior seems more like someone who either left his fiancé or got left by her.

But as I said, we are all just speculating.
I usually don’t like to speculate either, because truth is often stranger than fiction. But, now that he’s been missing since Tuesday….. The story just gets more compelling.

I find this revolting. All females residing in the United States are America's Daughters and we should care equally about all of them. My own daughter is slim, blue-eyed, blonde haired, cute as all get-out, and gets a sunburn from the glow of the refrigerator lightbulb if she takes too long choosing a snack, but that doesn't mean she is more American or more worthy of concern than any other young female. It's repugnant that they're pushing this and honestly makes me sympathize with them less.
#americasdaughter is offensive? They don't own that hashtag. Anyone can use it. It wouldn't be my choice of a description, but it's also not going to make me cancel them.
I believe her parents are living an unrelenting nightmare. I'll cut them some slack.

When was it overturned? Can you link it? The latest article I saw was from August of this year saying that there is going to be a hearing about possible juror misconduct. From what I found, he is still in San Quentin.

His case was not overturned, his death penalty sentence was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter