FYI: More Cuts Coming

It is also interesting that one-day tickets are now being given an expiration date (the current one is December 31, 2017). If the ticket is unused after that it can be used for a credit toward buying a new ticket, but it won't be valid itself. That limits the ability to use current ticket purchases to avoid future price increases. They might be doing that for multi day tickets someday too.

It is also interesting that one-day tickets are now being given an expiration date (the current one is December 31, 2017). If the ticket is unused after that it can be used for a credit toward buying a new ticket, but it won't be valid itself. That limits the ability to use current ticket purchases to avoid future price increases. They might be doing that for multi day tickets someday too.

Since the one day ticket is upgradeable, anyone can buy an off season ticket any time during the year, and then pay the difference on the day they're going to use it, if it's during high season. That way, the cost can be split up a little bit.

Josh tweeted a couple of extremely disheartening observations from AK this morning:

"AK is already suffering pretty mightily with staffing that's about 30% less than a similarly attended day at this time last year"

"Safaris should be at 30 minutes right now. Not 90. Attractions running at half capacity that really really shouldn't be."

I'm really apprehensive now about leaving for our trip tomorrow.

I don't know how anyone can defend that. Cutting non-essential staff hours(ie reducing characters, cutting down entertainers, etc) can be attributed to cost cutting but cutting ride operators such that they aren't at a level necessary to handle crowd levels? I really hope they get a flood of complaints and get their act together soon!

Not yet. I think they will let this increase die down first before doing it. I would imagine late this year or February next year. They aren't going to do it right away.

It's more the possibility of "late" this year that worries me. I'm very worried it will be done before we're able to buy tickets. Hehe, and while I would love to buy tickets now, somehow I think my husband feels that insulating the house and putting new windows in, is more important than Disney tickets. Crazy man!

Pretty soon, instead of relying on crowd calendars and numerical predictions of attendance levels, we will want/need Touring Plans and easywdw to start publishing staffing headcounts as a way to gauge our trips. After all, it doesn't really matter if the crowd level is going to be a "3" or a "7" if the "3" day is going to be understaffed with only one of two sides of each attraction open.
Wow!! This could also make FP take 30 minutes! On one of our Dec.days, the Safari line was non-existent for stand by. So much so, that they closed the left-side(normally standby) for loading the trucks. Standby merged with FP for loading. It was fine because of SO few guests. IF they start eliminating 1/2 of the loading on a regular basis, EVEN FP waits will easily be 30 minutes!! This ia an unacceptable cost-cutting measure. EVEN an introduction of an Express Pass benefit for an additional $100-125-150 same day charge in addition to already using a Tix, would not help without front-of-the-line access, IF they drop the loading capacity to 50% :(

If you go "you know where" for saying it, I'll be right there with you for laughing.

I saw it yesterday too. Good thing Disney doesn't have the rights to that character.
Still, can you imagine the ride they could create... using Spiderman technology... call it "Deadpool's Wild Ride"...

Nope. Poor reading comprehension. The quote that you cited to says that things are: "better now than when I was a kid". "Better" is a qualitative word and not a quantitative word. When the concept of quantity is introduced, ("WAY more to do"), it is done in a standalone sentence that references "used to be". That includes all periods of time and cannot be limited to "when I was a kid". It can be true (or false) that things were "better when I was a kid" and also be true that there was "WAY more to do 10 years ago". Those are two distinct concepts, both of which can be tested. They could both be true, both be false, or one could be true and the other false. The second is not dependent on the first, and vice versa. In addition, unless one knows the age of the author, (and at what age the author thinks that one stops being a "kid"), one cannot attach any specific period of time to the phrase "when I was a kid". If the statement in question was written by someone who is 30 years old and has been going to WDW for all 30 years, then the time in question is different than if the author is 42 years old and has been going to WDW from the ages of 12-42. In the former example, "better now than when I was a kid" might mean 15 years ago. In the latter example, "better now than when I was a kid" might mean 28 years ago.

Is there a beating a dead horse emoji??? Wow, time to let it go....

Is there a beating a dead horse emoji??? Wow, time to let it go....
deadhorsesm.jpg

or...
deadhorse.gif

Wow!! This could also make FP take 30 minutes! On one of our Dec.days, the Safari line was non-existent for stand by. So much so, that they closed the left-side(normally standby) for loading the trucks.

Standby merged with FP for loading.

That is a very common situation at Safari loading.

Sooooooo, is this official that Bob Chapek is a greedy jerk?
Not just Chapek. Most high up executives in any business are or could be "greedy". They want to make as much money for their company/selves as possible.

No, cutting corners at booming parks is not good business. It's short sighted and stupid. It's a great way to alienate more and more people. It's penny wise and pound foolish. It's pure hubris and sure to bite them in the behind at some point.

Check out this article and tell me it doesn't piss you off: http://micechat.com/122782-disneyland-cutbacks/

Crowds keep coming and they're cutting hours, entertainment, parades, staffing -- even the quality of food, for **** sakes. Let's make sure that everyone -- CMs, guests -- pays for their international blunders and overexpansion...anyone but the top execs who made the lousy decisions!

Do they have anything but contempt for the guests who keep them rolling in billions of dollars in profits? If so, they have a funny way of showing it. Look what they're doing at Disneyland: a big chunk of the park is sitting behind construction walls, thus reducing capacity. So why not make it even worse, by cutting hours and running rides at less than full capacity?

This is ridiculous and insulting. This is degrading the value of people's hard earned vacations.

I'm glad we don't have any trip planned (and I never thought I would say that!).

Last edited:
No, cutting corners at booming parks is not good business. It's short sighted and stupid. It's a great way to alienate more and more people. It's penny wise and pound foolish. It's pure hubris and sure to bite them in the behind at some point.

Check out this article and tell me it doesn't piss you off: http://micechat.com/122782-disneyland-cutbacks/

Crowds keep coming and they're cutting hours, entertainment, parades, staffing -- even the quality of food, for **** sakes. Let's make sure that everyone -- CMs, guests -- pays for their international blunders and overexpansion...anyone but the top execs who made the lousy decisions!

Do they have anything but contempt for the guests who keep them rolling in billions of dollars in profits? If so, they have a funny way of showing it. Look what they're doing at Disneyland: a big chunk of the park is sitting behind construction walls, thus reducing capacity. So why not make it even worse, by cutting hours and running rides at less than full capacity?

This is ridiculous and insulting. This is degrading the value of people's hard earned vacations.

I'm glad we don't have any trip planned (and I never thought I would say that!).

At the end of that article, the writer asks, "Should Disneyland be forced to pay for Shanghai overruns? Will the new attractions and shows at DCA be enough to counteract reduced offerings for you and your family?"

I don't think the new attractions at DCA will help counteract this. And it seems like really bad planning at WDW to not have Pandora completed by now. They really could have used that. I don't think the maelstrom reboot and river of light show is enough to balance out the cuts in WDW either.

Bad planning all around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter