Furloughed Feds -- Going to WDW?

Federal worker -- you're being FURLOUGHED! What are you going to do now???

• I'm going to Walt Disney World!

• I'm going to knock a few items off the "Honey Do" list.

• I'm going to sit here and hoard my savings until Congress passes a bill.

Results are only viewable after voting.

larryz

Rogue Five
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Any furloughed federal employees planning to go to WDW while on "break"?

A glass-half-empty kind of guy?

Methinks you're jumping the gun a bit on that one. ;)

I'd like to but I already have a WDW vacation planned beginning May 1rst. Besides who would go right now? The crowds are huge and you couldn't get a room or ADRs at this late date.

I'll be at Disney. Heck my annual pass doesn't expire until April 29th! LOL! I just hope we get paid for this furlough, (if it happens)

Brunette

Our Dept has a budget already this year, so we'll all be working.

Would be nice, but can't stray too far since we don't know when the shutdown will end and am saving my vacation for a two-week trip this fall.

Heck no, if it happens I will be staying at home and spending as little money as possible, just in case! I'll probably spend some time at the beach since it's only a couple of minutes from my house.

Staying home and being productive while using as little money as possible. I'm already booked for a trip to WDW in late May anyway and it's all paid for up front!

I already have a trip planned for May, though I doubt the budget battle will still be going on by then. I'm not getting furloughed anyway, nor would I leave my job even if I did.

Though at this point it seems that Monday at least will be a furlough day unless they work through the weekend. I have a new employee showing up that day who came into federal service for the job security :P

I'll be at home, hopefully getting some long-awaited projects done!

But I'd rather be working, so that I will get PAID. My DH also works for the federal govt, so we're out two paychecks.

What would be great is if Disney offered some kind of 'special' for federal workers, like they have for other occupations - to show us that they respect the work we do to keep this country safe and running!

I'll be watching my hoarded PTO dwindle away that I was saving up for my May WDW trip. *sigh*

Nope, cause Dh will be working. He just wont be getting paid. *sigh*

Hopefully it wont happen. I am trying really hard not to think about it for now. :goodvibes

No. Because 1) I don't have DVC points left to use and 2) I don't know when they will be calling me to come back in and it would be difficult to arrange a last minute flight, especially while not getting paid. I have a trip to Vegas in May though, and it would cost me more to cancel it than to just take it.

What would be great is if Disney offered some kind of 'special' for federal workers, like they have for other occupations - to show us that they respect the work we do to keep this country safe and running!

You can get a room discount at Swan and Dolphin. And as far as I know the only occupations Disney has offered discounts to are active duty military and firefighters and I can't put my work anywhere near those categories.

Hubby is military, so he won't be getting furloughed, though he works with alot of civilians who will. Actually we are thinking of canceling our upcoming trip in June, so we can sock that money into savings. We can weather a couple of missing paychecks, but starting to think that isn't enough.

We are supposed to leave 2 weeks from today, so we are so hoping my H can join us. Going to work and not getting paid and not getting leave will not be ok at all. They need to stop getting paid and see how it feels--grrrr so mad at these dummies.

I will be 45 days out on the 13th so I have to decide something by the 12th. It's not looking good. DH refuses to drop 4500.00 on a trip when we may not be getting paid for a while. This really stinks!!!! This trip is a graduation gift for my DD, so now I am looking at staying in the room with my mom & step dad with my 2 kids and DH staying at home with my middle child who couldn't go due to cheer practice & camp. It will be cheaper that way, but I wish he was going.

Not only that, but next week is spring break here. We have plans to go out of town for a few days but if they close, DH will have to report to work because he is an essential employee. That's knocking us out of another family trip.:headache:

To say that we are frustrated is an understatement. I think everyone is. He is trying his best to keep the morale up in his office.

To say that we are frustrated is an understatement. I think everyone is. He is trying his best to keep the morale up in his office.

I keep telling everyone I'm going to New Orleans... it's keeping their thoughts off themselves (and I might actually go if it looks like the furlough will last a few days...).

I don't work for the federal government and unfortunately it is good business for my company (conferencing company) as we will be holding lots of calls this weekend of "what are we gonna do????" by senators, financial institutions etc..

Hoping for the best but we are being told to brace for a busy weekend. I hope for all your sakes I don't have to work cause if I don't it will mean you will be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter