Furloughed Feds -- Going to WDW?

Federal worker -- you're being FURLOUGHED! What are you going to do now???

• I'm going to Walt Disney World!

• I'm going to knock a few items off the "Honey Do" list.

• I'm going to sit here and hoard my savings until Congress passes a bill.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just wanted to say - I'm in Annapolis too!

And ... they are announcing something to keep things running until next week and it sounds like maybe even a permanent deal beyond that. I was reading it on the CNN live blog.
(oops - sorry just saw that you said the same - I was focused on the Annapolis/Ellicott City thing!)

Yeah, the senate pases a short term budget bill to keep the federal government running. This willl fund the government through next Thursday as lawmakers draft the broader budget legiistation that covers the rest of fy 2011.

So, who's going to Disney World? LOL!

(Hey we should do a Maryland DIS MEET) That would be fun.:goodvibes

we are a military family that is going to Disney on Monday. My ds over heard dh and I talking about whether or not we should cancel and i found him outside praying to God so the prayers would get there faster that the budget gets approved (he's 8). We have enough money in savings to carry us for a while and all bills are caught up:thumbsup2 My dh got the go ahead from his boss so why not. This has been a REAL morale downer for my DH . He is VERY discouraged ( I will leave it at that) We both need this disconnect right now from this whole mess.

:hug:God love your son. That was so sweet. I'm glad that you are going to go to Disney!! We are going too now but therre for a while I was stressing!

Oh I love Ellicott City!
It sounds like we won't have to go lob anything at the heads of congress though. CNN is reporting that they have reached a deal and will put a stop gap in place so that the deal can be put through.

WOOHOO!
I'm going to Disney World!!!!

Me too!!!!!:cool1:

Hello fellow Annapolitan! There are a lot of Disers from Annapolis!

I am from Alabama, but we spent all last summer in Baltimore while my DH was on a work detail, and we had a great time while we were up there!! It's a beautiful place. :)

Yeah, the senate pases a short term budget bill to keep the federal government running. This willl fund the government through next Thursday as lawmakers draft the broader budget legiistation that covers the rest of fy 2011.

So, who's going to Disney World? LOL!

(Hey we should do a Maryland DIS MEET) That would be fun.:goodvibes

Now I hope they figure something out to get money into the troops hands, since they are already screwed on their next paycheck. At us civilians pay week doesn't end until next week, so we won't be affected. Hurting the troops (and more importantly the dependents of the deployed troops) was unacceptable and they should have solved that first, before it was too late.

we are a military family that is going to Disney on Monday. My ds over heard dh and I talking about whether or not we should cancel and i found him outside praying to God so the prayers would get there faster that the budget gets approved (he's 8). We have enough money in savings to carry us for a while and all bills are caught up:thumbsup2 My dh got the go ahead from his boss so why not. This has been a REAL morale downer for my DH . He is VERY discouraged ( I will leave it at that) We both need this disconnect right now from this whole mess.

Now you can go and have a great trip!!!

Now I hope they figure something out to get money into the troops hands, since they are already screwed on their next paycheck. At us civilians pay week doesn't end until next week, so we won't be affected. Hurting the troops (and more importantly the dependents of the deployed troops) was unacceptable and they should have solved that first, before it was too late.

I don't think it will be a problem DFAS took LES's down yesterday and posted this.

Due to the potential shutdown of the federal government, we have "taken down" all Leave and Earnings Statements (LESes) or "Advice of Pays" for Active Duty Military and Reservists. We will re-post LESes when we receive more information on the shutdown or enacted legislation that authorizes pay beyond April 8

All military will get paid on April 15.

If a CRA or appropriation is not passed before April 15, military members will be paid on April 15 for the period of April 1-8, approximately one half their normal mid month pay.

If a CRA or appropriation is passed by Tuesday, April 12, military members will receive their full pay for duty served from April 1-15 on April 15.

If a CRA or appropriation is not until after April 12, DFAS will pay military members for the period of April 9-15 within 3 days of an appropriation or CRA being passed.

Sorry, folks, the train wreck didn't happen. Nothing to see here. These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along -- move along...

I just wanted to pop in and say that I'm praying for all of you affected by this. Hopefully everything works out and SOON!

I'm a state employee and we've been having a furlough day every 2-3 months since Nov 09, obviously this situation is totally different but just wanted to say I kind of understand!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter