Furloughed Feds -- Going to WDW?

Federal worker -- you're being FURLOUGHED! What are you going to do now???

• I'm going to Walt Disney World!

• I'm going to knock a few items off the "Honey Do" list.

• I'm going to sit here and hoard my savings until Congress passes a bill.

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's now incorrect. They will change the route so that it doesn't pass down streets that are under the jurisdiction of the National Park Service. Security and logistics will be provided by the DC Metropolitan Police instead of the Park Police.

Whew! That's a relief!! I'm so glad that they will be pulling the Metro Police from their normal duties to make sure the Parade still takes place. Note to self: Best time to rob a bank in Metro DC is 10:00 Saturday morning....

My husband is active duty Air Force, I checked mypay this morning and he will only be getting a weeks pay on the 15th. I am a NAF employee and will not be furloughed..yet. NAF funded operations will continue (lodging, bowling, clubs, child care, library) for now we're being told. But if those operations aren't bringing in funds then we possibly won't get paid either. We have a trip already paid for the 1st week in May and I'm really hoping we won't have to cancel it. I just hope the league of extraordinary thinkers up in washington can get thier act together.

We have a trip planned the week after you, and I had to tell the other families we are going with (one of whom is using our discount) that we won't be going if we aren't paid a whole paycheck by May 1st. I don't think that will happen, but we wanted them to be able to make other arrangements just in case. I just can't see pulling that much out of savings to go to Disney when we might need the money for moving expenses just a few weeks later. The first part of our trip is paid for, but the Poly portion is room only.
I just got my Mickey mail today too. It wasn't as exciting to get it today as it usually is. :sad2:

We have a trip planned the week after you, and I had to tell the other families we are going with (one of whom is using our discount) that we won't be going if we aren't paid a whole paycheck by May 1st. I don't think that will happen, but we wanted them to be able to make other arrangements just in case. I just can't see pulling that much out of savings to go to Disney when we might need the money for moving expenses just a few weeks later. The first part of our trip is paid for, but the Poly portion is room only.
I just got my Mickey mail today too. It wasn't as exciting to get it today as it usually is. :sad2:

You could save money if you changed your lodging to Shades of Green vs the Poly (and it's right across the street!)....between that and the savings on the Military Salute tickets, you might be able to budget it?

Really congress??? Your going to screw up my chance for a pineapple drinky and fireworks on the beach? Really?

*yes I know there are people dealing with much more serious issues and I shouldn't be complaining...but I am anyways.

Hey, nobody stands between Momma and her frou-frou drinks!! :rotfl:

You could save money if you changed your lodging to Shades of Green vs the Poly (and it's right across the street!)....between that and the savings on the Military Salute tickets, you might be able to budget it?

With the discounts the Disney moderates are actually cheaper for us than SOG, and we have tickets included in the portion that we already paid for. (3 nights at CSR with 7 day tickets using kids play free) We are using the military tickets for Disneyland in the fall.
I *think* that because our move was scheduled before all this shutdown business, and the YN had already submitted all of our advances, that we will be okay. I guess anything appropriated before the shutdown should still pay out, anything not already accounted for will not.

Hey, nobody stands between Momma and her frou-frou drinks!! :rotfl:

That's right! I'm only about 30 minutes from DC. Maybe I should go lob dirty diapers and over ripe sippy cups in their general direction! ;)

Small world I am at Camp Lejeune too.

I also understand that base schools and daycares will remain open and that base legal will be open. I am not sure if the Tricare office will be open or not.

I have also heard the if you bank with Navy Fed they are going to advance your full payment to you on the 15th but I am not sure if they will charge you interest on the advance or not. Also the Navy/Marine Corps Relief Society will give each family a $600.00 loan. All you need to do is fill out a form regarding the payback of the loan and show you military id.

We are very bless that I have a good job and we will be fine if we don't get paid for a while. But I have many friends who will suffer.

God bless and good luck to everyone affected by the potential shutdown.

It is a small world!

From what we have heard, NFCU will not charge interest, they will just take it out of the pay once we get the back pay.

I've been staying at home for the last couple of years, so we rely solely on DH's income. We're lucky to have a little money in savings, but if this thing goes on for a month or two, we are going to be struggling!

:rotfl2: Where you going in CA? Ft. Irwin?

No, we are headed to Humboldt County. Marijuana capital of the world! I guess if we can't go to Disney at least when we get to California we will all have such a contact high from the heavy fog of cannabis hanging in the air, that we might not mind so much. I'll probably really wish I had a Mickey bar though...

Hi ! We may be neighbors I'm about 40 minutes from DC. I'm in Maryland. :)

We are in Maryland too. Annapolis to be exact. Wanna go lob diapers and sippy cups with me? :)

Yesterday when I answered this poll I said that I would be doing some 'honey do's. However, I found out today at work that I'm on the excempt list. Looks like I'll be working next week. I didn't think I was that important. I guess I am. :confused3

we are a military family that is going to Disney on Monday. My ds over heard dh and I talking about whether or not we should cancel and i found him outside praying to God so the prayers would get there faster that the budget gets approved (he's 8). We have enough money in savings to carry us for a while and all bills are caught up:thumbsup2 My dh got the go ahead from his boss so why not. This has been a REAL morale downer for my DH . He is VERY discouraged ( I will leave it at that) We both need this disconnect right now from this whole mess.

we are a military family that is going to Disney on Monday. My ds over heard dh and I talking about whether or not we should cancel and i found him outside praying to God so the prayers would get there faster that the budget gets approved (he's 8). We have enough money in savings to carry us for a while and all bills are caught up:thumbsup2 My dh got the go ahead from his boss so why not. This has been a REAL morale downer for my DH . He is VERY discouraged ( I will leave it at that) We both need this disconnect right now from this whole mess.

Have a great trip! They keep talking on CNN about a rumored deal to at least keep everything running for another week. I hope that happens and we call all relax for at least a little bit!

No, we are headed to Humboldt County. Marijuana capital of the world! I guess if we can't go to Disney at least when we get to California we will all have such a contact high from the heavy fog of cannabis hanging in the air, that we might not mind so much. I'll probably really wish I had a Mickey bar though...

We are in Maryland too. Annapolis to be exact. Wanna go lob diapers and sippy cups with me? :)

HAHAHA! I'm in Ellicott City, MD, we're about 30 miles from Annapolis. :)

HAHAHA! I'm in Ellicott City, MD, we're about 30 miles from Annapolis. :)

Oh I love Ellicott City!
It sounds like we won't have to go lob anything at the heads of congress though. CNN is reporting that they have reached a deal and will put a stop gap in place so that the deal can be put through.

WOOHOO!
I'm going to Disney World!!!!

Oh I love Ellicott City!
It sounds like we won't have to go lob anything at the heads of congress though. CNN is reporting that they have reached a deal and will put a stop gap in place so that the deal can be put through.

WOOHOO!
I'm going to Disney World!!!!

Just wanted to say - I'm in Annapolis too!

And ... they are announcing something to keep things running until next week and it sounds like maybe even a permanent deal beyond that. I was reading it on the CNN live blog.
(oops - sorry just saw that you said the same - I was focused on the Annapolis/Ellicott City thing!)

Just wanted to say - I'm in Annapolis too!

And ... they are announcing something to keep things running until next week and it sounds like maybe even a permanent deal beyond that. I was reading it on the CNN live blog.
(oops - sorry just saw that you said the same - I was focused on the Annapolis/Ellicott City thing!)

Hello fellow Annapolitan! There are a lot of Disers from Annapolis!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter