Funny things we overheard in the parks...

Who knows the "corn" story?...

heard it many years ago in a thread just like this...perhaps someone will post it.

In the mean time, saw a family of 5 or so squating on the concrete walkway close to Big Thunder Mountain eating boiled eggs out of an egg carton (lunch?...I suppose)

Also, any ECV users out there? Ever notice that there are multitudes of people exiting Splash Mountain with the RIGHT cheek wet on their shorts???? Why is it just the right? very amusing. (for those who might not have caught on, an ECV user would have multitudes of rear ends to view because that is what is at "eye level"... after awhile I thought I might even start taking pictures and call it "The Rear Ends of Disney"....I was even beginning to tell my friend things like, "Didn't we see her yesterday?"...........

Woman running with family toward Big Thunder at 10pm on a May E-Ride night: "Look, therre is nobody in line."

Me: Yes, they just closed it.

Her: Closed it? OK guys, Splash Mountain then, let's go.

Me: Actually it's closed as well.

Her: Why?

Me: E-Ride night is over. It ran from 7pm to 10pm tonight.

Her: What? Nope, it's 9-midnite, like always, come on guys, he doesn't know what he's talking about. To Splash Mountain!

Of course I waited on the Splash bridge to watch her come cussing by moments later. She wouldn't even look at me. I felt bad for her at first, right up to the point where she basically called me an idiot. Then, it became humorous.

Well this one isnt so much funny, but if Id had a drink I definately would have done a spit take.....

Mother with three kids, aged about 9, 13 and 14. She says to the 9 year old standing in line for Alien encounter, "no honey this isnt scary at all....."

On the Monorail to MK last Saturday, a man and woman (30ish) in our same car were discussing their day ahead of them:

Man: Can't WAIT to get to Islands of Adventure! Heard they have GREAT rides.

Woman: I don't think you can get there from here though--you have to take another Monorail-thingy to get there.

Man: NO, it's THIS one!!! I've SEEN it!

Woman: Ok, we'll see when we get there.

Driver then announces the MK stop and transfers to Epcot.

Man: They didn't say IOA.

Woman: I TOLD you, it's a different monorail-thingy.

At this point, I'm almost in tears! Josh, the ever-optomist says "where are you guys going today?"

Man: IOA

Josh: Did you know that's not at WDW?

Man: Ah, yes it is--you must not have been here before!!

Josh: I've been here 3 times, this is WDW NOT Universal Studios. If you want to go to IOA, you have to drive there and it takes about 20 minutes.

At this point, the guy looks at me (and I really did well, considering I didn't slap him) and he says, "you know, you really shouldn't let your kid talk to adults like that!" I then told him that although Josh is 8, what he was saying was true. The man looked at the woman and said "they're BOTH crazy!!!" My mom had slunk back into the recesses of the monorail, pretending not to be listening to any of it, all the while taking out a kleenex and laughing hysterically at me!

When we got off the Monorail at MK, the guy asked the CM who was there how they could get to IOA. The CM kindly told him that it was a separate entity from Disney and that it was across town. The man, still incredulous, told the woman that they needed to ask someone else because NONE of us knew what we were talking about!!!!

Don' t know if he ever found IOA, but it was worth a chuckle!! My mom teased me the rest of the day that I am just "flypaper for idiots!!" I kind of felt sorry for them because he truly believed that he knew what he was talking about!!!!

My best one was as follows:

My wife and I (before three kids) were on one of our many Disney trips when we found ourselves riding on a bus behind an elderly couple (late 60's early 70's). I made the comment to my wife that it was so nice to see two older people enjoying WDW by themselves and that hopefully someday we can be just like them.

No sooner did I say that when I overheard them talking about what a great week they had at Disney World. Hearing this I asked them if they liked EPCOT and MGM more than the Magic Kingdom. To my horror they proceeded to tell me that they were here for a whole week and couldn't "find" EPCOT or MGM. They spent the whole week at the Poly and at the Magic Kingdom.

I was just about to explain how to get around to the other parks when they continued to say that this was the best trip they ever had together.

For all of us Disney Nuts who do everything, every trip, this was a little wake-up call that sometimes IGNORANCE IS BLISS

Last September on our last trip my DH and I were riding PoC and a loud mouthed man behind us was talking away loudly in the seat behind to his family...He made the comment as we rounded the corner by the Mayor dunking scene, and loudily announced it to the whole boat..."Now pay attention, they just built this ride and put a lot of the stuff from the movie in here". We were could not help laughing quietly but we heard loud laughter from the back of the boat too...:)

I just remembered one that my family heard many years ago.

We were closing up MK (not an unusual occurance for the Breakeys) and riding in the front of the last monorail (Monorail Lime IIRC) to the TTC. Monorail Central called for us to stop after coming out of the Contemporary. When we did, the pilot got on the intercom and said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, we will be underway shortly, we just had to mumble, mumble, mumble " When he clicked off he turned to us and said, "I don't know why I even bother making those, they can't understand what I say anyway."

Well, it seemed ALOT funnier when I was 15.

Our favorite laugh was thanks to a confused CM. DH and I were celebrating our anniversary last Sept. I should add here that we're 37 and 38 years old. When we checked in for our lunchtime PS at WCC, we mentioned to the greeter that we were celebrating our 15th anniversary. He seated us and a few minutes later, our waitress (60 yrs. old if she was a day) came out looked at us, looked at a note in her hand and looked at us again--somewhat suspiciosly. Finally, she said, "So, you're celebrating your anniversary, huh?"
We smiled and said, "Yes; our 15th."
She just started laughing and said, "Well, THAT makes more sense! This says you're here for your 50th!"

We laughed for a long time after that one. Then ran to the sundries shop for some Oil of Olay!

Something I overheard at BB. A mother was putting lotion on her son and she is saying to him
"you have to stop grabbing the women when they walk by or someone is going to kick us out"

I'm from New Orleans--the West Bank side (of the Mississippi River). We lived a few blocks away from the ferry that goes to the other side of the Mississippi (where the French Quarter and all the other main tourist attractions are). I remember riding the ferry "to go across the river" when I was about 5 and getting so excited when I saw "Disney World". I'd ask my dad sometimes, "Can we Pleeeaaassse go to Disney World, Pop?" He'd say, "No, Erika, that's too far away, Pun'kin." I'd just sulk and accept it. But we'd go across the river by ferry to walk around the French Quarter and do some fun family things at least twice a month, and every time on that ferry, I saw "Disney World". I asked my dad yet another time on the ferry, "Can we Pleeeaaassse go to Disney World?!" This time he said, "Some day, sweetie." I was a bit disappointed and frustrated since it seemed so close, and the answer was always some form of "no", so I pointed my little finger and said, "But Poppa, the Castle is right THERE!!!" My dad said,"That's not Disney World, that's the St. Louis Cathedral!"

While in Disney World, this is the most common thing I hear
" Look Kids, this is DisneyLand"
I always get a good chuckle at everyone who confuses Disney Land west coast and Disney World east coast.
I'm glad at least I know where I am :earsboy: ::MinnieMo

i am surprise no one has mentione~ when is the 3 o'clock parade? i about died laughing when i heard that!!!

the funniest thing i ever heard at disney world came out of my own son's mouth!!! we were getting ready to go on BTMRR and my DS was only 5 yrs old. the girl at the front of the queue politely asked my DS if she could measure his height to make sure he was tall enough. of course my DS thinks this would be wonderful fun so went happily. when she was done checking him she looked at him and told him that he was tall enough to ride. my DS then turns to me and says "momma are you tall enough to ride?" i don't know how that CM didn't laugh. i was dying laughing. this is all made funnier by the fact that i am only 5 feet tall!

When heading back to the Contemporary on the monorail, a lady points to space mountain and says "honey, look they have a new castle". The man that was with her says " Yea, they have two castles now".

While walking thru the jungle trek at AK, I overheard the cutest little old lady in a motorized wheelchair ask the CM if the 'temple" walls of the various animal areas were already here when Disney bought the land or did Disney build them?

The CM managed to keep a straight face, but our eyes met and I had to run the other way.

I guess she thought AK was built on African ruins long lost in central Florida.

This thread is great!!

One of my favorite stories from my very first trip was when my fiance and I were waiting for Spectromagic. We were sitting next to the bridge in front of the castle where the parade turns.(right behind the rope). So the CM coaches the waiting crowd to help him answer questions. So every time he gets one of the following common questions the whole (huge) crowd answers for him.

*where does the parade come from *over there* (pointing with TWO fingers)
*where does the parade go? *over there* (again with the pointing)
*what time does the parade start? *9:00*
*what time will the parade get here? *9:15*

I think there was another question, but I can't think of it...

It was sooo much fun!! I've never had that much fun waiting for a parade!

But the poor people who asked must have felt rather stupid getting the answer yelled at them by a 1000 people.

Last December, during MVMCP we overheard the following conversation:

4 yr old: "Mommy, I'm tired I want to go home!"

Mom: " I know you are tired sweetie,but, we'll head back to our hotel after the parade"

4 yr old: "What?? ..no I don't want to go to the hotel , I want to go to my real home"

:faint:

Mom: "We have only been here for 2 days. Aren't you having fun??"

4 yr old: "No, I'm tired , I don't want to have fun.Tell daddy I want to go home."

You should have seen the look on the face of this poor woman.DH and I were laughing so hard.

This is what you get when you try to do the parks "commando style" with a 4 yr old.::yes::

Well, I don't know whether my story is actually funny or sad. We were sitting on the curbside on Main Street waiting for the afternoon parade. It was in January and was COLD that day.

There was a family sitting close by and they were clearly not happy and not getting along very well Didn't they know they were in the "happiest place on Earth"?

Anyway, the mom gets her camera out and takes a few steps out into the street and says to her family (in a very sarcastic and loud voice) "Now stand there and smile and act like your having a good time, I want a good picture so everyone can remember how much fun we've had!"

My husband and I looked at each other and started laughing.

Kim S.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter