Funny things we overheard in the parks...

funhouse8

<font color=teal>How can you invest so much money
While we were zipping through a fastpass line in Epcot, my DH over heard two guest talking.

First guest "Hey, were are those people going?"

second guest "They have those fastpass things, that let you ride first"

first guest "Wow, I wonder what Disney charges for them!"

second guest "Yeah right!"
While waiting for the last VMCP to begin a woman walking down the middle of the street looks at me on the curb and says "What going to happen here?"

My husband looked at me rolled his eyes and said how can someone go to Disney so clueless. Somtimes they appericate the crazy planning lady. :tongue:

I heard a few funny things that all seemed to have happened on the same trip a few years back.

while riding the ferry over to the MK and man points out to Discovery Island and says .. "hey kids...look, that's Wet N' Wild over there".... we could barely contain ourselves.....but then, to make it even more funny, a woman from another family go to the man " oh really....I thought that was a parking lot. This place is amazing". :crazy:

same trip...another afternoon while having lunch at CRT, I went to use the ladies room. While I was in there, there was a little girl In there with her mom, also using the facilities. While I was doing my business I could barely contain the laugher when I heard the little girl talking (in a rather loud voice) to her mom. ”mama…I have to go poo-poo” . The mother replied “ ok honey..go ahead I’ll stay right here for you”. “Ok mama”….meanwhile you can hear her ‘grunting” as she is try to go. Then you heard a splash and the girl goes “ mama, I made poo-poo in the toilet…a big one and a little baby one” The mother, In obvious embarrassment goes “ good honey..now clean up so we can get back to the table”. Then the girls says “ it smells in here”. After that I had to flush my toilet to cover up the laughter.

Finally, we were watching the little mermaid show and this little boy shouts out to Ariel… “my daddy says that you have the nicest seashells he has ever seen”. All of the people in the area could barely contain themselves.

Kids say the craziest things!
:hyper: :hyper:

The most frequently asked question at the MK tip board is "Where are the rides?"
At parade time, a very common question is "What's this?" (which is disconcerting when they're holding an open map and a times guide).
I have heard lots of misnomers for attractions and resorts, such as:
"We're staying at the Western Fort Lodge."
"Where's Pirates of Penzance?"
"Where's the Caribbean Cruise?"
"When does the Pirate River boat start?"
"Is this the Haunted Castle?"
"Look kids, it's Disney Island!"

Also, People get their geography mixed up. I have been on Main St. and had people ask me if they were "downtown" (looking for Downtown Disney).
Many have also asked if any water parks were actually inside of the Magic Kingdom (all were dead serious, some even became angry when they found out that the nearest one was a few miles away.)
Once I was on the Monorail, stopped between Contemporary and MK in front of Tomorrowland, and a man in the car pointed to the Astro Orbiter and proclaimed to his kids, "Look! That's Epcot!"
While there is alot to know and remember about WDW, and a bit of confusion is to be expected, I was surprised at how little research some people do before visiting. An alarming number will go to a park, get halfway around it, and not even know the name of the place (my roommate who works at MGM tells me all the time about guests wandering up to the Great Movie Ride and asking "Where am I?" -as in "What's the name of this park, what's it about, and what rides/attractions are in it?"... amazing.)

My husband have a name for this type of thing. It's called "Loud and Wrong."

Here are a few we've observed.

While waiting on Illuminations one evening a family walked up to the Japan area and said "Well kids, here we are in China."

One time I heard someone say "I don't like Disney, I want to go to MGM."

My mother did one. She said "I like that Fast Track."

I heard a man say "Where is ET?"

Craziness!

PamNC

On my last trip, I had the best family sitting behind me on Small World. In every room, the parents would tell their children what country they were in. The first, of course was China. The husband asks the wife if the Taj Mahal is in India and she was quite adamant that it was in China. Next came Australia, followed by Mexico. My favorite was the final room, the utopian society. The daughter asked what country is this? The mother tells her it was Iceland! Iceland! It took all my will power not to turn around and correct her. I just settled for laughing hysterically.

i have to agree with Safari Steve in that i am constantly amazed at the lack of planning that some folks do before taking on a WDW vacation.

OK, so everyone can't be as obcessed over details and having advanced knowledge as i (any many others of us here) am......but - holy cow - how can you be so clueless. You are plopping a load of cash on your vacation, you would think you would have at least a clue as to what you are spending your money on. (Perhaps not get all the names right, but at least understand the concept of 4 parks, very large property, 2 seperate water parks, shopping district, resorts of various types and themes spread throughout.....)

I giggle at them and when i feel my guidance would be appreciated, help them get a fact to two straight. (Poor directionless dolts)

- lori

That's what I love about DW, (I"m a BIG planner/coordinator for my family) it's cute to see how much fun everyone is having and how "clueless and silly" everyone can be at DW. Whether you plan or not, everyone is having fun. How fun for the kids to have Daddy yell with excitement "look kids, there's epcot" when it's not. It's a family away from the stress of life enjoying each other! LOVE IT!

Geebs... LMBO over the seashells. We had one at our resort this last trip along the same lines. The poor Dad LOL We held our laughs until we were out of site ;-)

I'm the planner for our group and am known as the Planning Figment *waves to those who crossed my path last weekend* I have it down to printing off little booklets for each traveler, PS are done as soon as I know we have the air and hotel books, and we hadn't even boarded our return flight when we started making plans for the next visit.

It's always nice to be among fellow planners on the boards, especially on days when I can't get my group to decide on a date for dinner at Chef Mickeys *lol* *waves to reader* Hi Mom are your ears ringing? *vbg*

Thanks to all for the laughs over the silliness :-)

While standing by the exit at MGM, I heard the following exchange between a guest and an unfortunate CM (I'm paraphrasing the exchange)...

Guest: Hi, can you tell me how to get to the Big Ball ride?

CM: The "Big Ball" ride?

Guest: You know, the thing that looks like a golf ball?

CM: Oh, that's Spaceship Earth. It's in Epcot.

Guest: Is that by Indiana Jones?

CM: No, it's a different theme park. You can take the bus from here to get to Epcot.

Guest: Can we go on Space Mountain there too?

[Note: at this point, I'm "shhhh"-ing other people to hear the end of the conversation.]

CM: That's in the Magic Kingdom. It's in another park, but you can take the bus from here to there, too.

Guest (perplexed): Well...why'd you put everything so far away?

I think the CM went backstage to get drunk after this.

Len

From our Sept. 2003 trip:

Young dad with very young son stopped on the walkway to Tomorrowland...facing the castle. Dad keeps looking up at the castle and then down at his map....does this several times then says to his son, "Well, I don't know....but I think that's the Magic Kingdom!" I giggled and just kept walking!

Sammy

My great Aunt stopped at Disney World during a bus trip with a bunch of "Primetimers" from her church. I asked if she had a good time at Disney World and she said,"Honey we didn't go to Disney World we went to Epcot." Apparently some folks consider Magic Kingdom to be Disney World.

I don't have a funny story to tell, but this is the funniest thread. Keep em coming!:laughing:

We were waiting for the boat to take us to MGM from the BW last summer when a family asked the boat captian how to get to Disney World. -- THe Capt -- did a wide armed "ta-da". I thought it was very funny, but the people never got it. The captain explained how to get to the bus depot to catch the bus to the MK, never explaining the difference. After they left the capt and I made eye contact and cracked up.

Not at WDW, but between my daughter and myself, our favourite pastime is going to the zoo and point at an animal and call it something else.

For example, she'll go to the elephants and say "Daddy! look! Giraffe!".... and I'll say "No, honey, that's a horsie"

sometimes there will be a person who'll say "uhmm, that's not a horse..."

and I'll say "I know, it's a hippo"

and walk away.

Funniest thing that I ever heard was in Epcot.

Daughter: You are the world's worst mommy!
Mother: I can't believe you would say that after your father and I have taken you on this vacation.
Daughter: Oh, and daddy is a fat idiot!!

The father was not even with them when this priceless family moment was unfolding.

I have a few to add...

While enjoying a "Emu" Leg :laughing:we overheard a daddy tell his family that this must be the "Wild Wild West". Then over in Tomorrowland we heard a man tell his wife in no uncertain terms
that this was the "Twilight Zone".

Oh, another funny potty story. While in the potty doing my business a little girl with her mommy in the big stall said VERY LOUDLY ~ Mommy YOU STINK----did you Poopy? The elderly lady in the stall next to me burst out laughing while I flushed and went to wash my hands. The elderly lady came out and looked at me still laughing hard. You could hear the mommy tell the daughter to hush and NOT tell everyone her business.

Things can be funny anywhere. I am just amazed at how much money someone will spend on a vacation an NOT research anything. To have so many "icons" or rides wrong and voice it in such a manner that they KNOW is amazing.

We leave in 8 days and I can't wait. This is too funny.

Fatcow, I love the wrong name thing!!:rotfl: Sounds like something I would do! I'm deffinately doing that next time I'm at the zoo!!!! Thanks for the idea!!

Funniest thing we ever hear was when we were riding in front of the monorail with another couple. They were obvious first timers and the man asked the driver in all seriousness "Ever hit any deer up here?" um......duh..

Jenny

1977 offsite
1995 - CBR
1997 - Boardwalk
1998 - Contemporary
1999 - Port Orleans
2000 - Dixie Landings
2001 - Okw
2002 - VWL and BCV
2004 - VWL here we come - May

maybe there are too many people who like pulling legs like me at WDW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter